Alternate Endings: Satzu/Michaeng

Memory Lane: Maybe It's Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alternate Ending: Satzu

“Why are you even stopping me here then!? You’re happy with Mina now, and I want to be happy with Sana. Just leave me alone, what’s the point of doing this useless arguing!?”

“Because I was wrong!” Chaeyoung screams out at the top of her lungs, “I don’t think Mina saw, but I did. You were about to kiss Sana weren’t you? I remember you telling me you haven’t had your first kiss yet back in sophomore year. When I saw you there about to kiss Sana something happened in my chest and I realized that my heart was aching and begging you to not kiss her. Because I want your first kiss to be with…to be with me. I want your first kiss, your second, your third and every other kiss after that.”

I didn’t know what to say. Even if I knew I don’t think I would be able to let it out.

“Tzuyu, I’m sorry that it took so long for me to realize this but, now I know. I know that you’re the one I want to be with. I’ll leave Mina and be with you. You’re the one I see me having a future with. You’re the one that truly makes me happy, not Mina. Tzuyu, it’s you. I love you.”

Chaeyoung stops talking and puts her hands on my face and kisses me. All throughout high school I wondered what kissing Chaeyoung would be like. I didn’t think it would be like this. I didn’t want it to be like this. This felt so forced and unnatural. This isn’t what I wanted for my first kiss, not at all. I push Chaeyoung off me and tears start falling down my face.

“What’s wrong?” Chaeyoung asks.

“Everything! All of this is wrong! This isn’t how I wanted this day to go, this isn’t how I imagined my first kiss happening! You ruined everything!” I cry out.

Tears start rolling down Chaeyoung’s face too, “Tzuyu no please, I’m so sorry.”

“Just go away Chaeyoung leave me alone!” I run away as I cry and I can’t stop no matter how hard I try.

I reach the parking lot where I see Sana and Mina talking. I wipe the tears off my face and head to Sana’s car.

“Hey Tzuyu what took you guys so long? Where’s Chaengie?” Mina asks.

“She’s somewhere behind me. Sana let’s go.”

“Whoa Tzuyu is something wrong? Your eyes are all puffy have you been crying?”

“Just get in and drive please.”

“Ok yeah I’ll do that. See you Mina.”

“Yeah no problem I’m going to go look for Chaeyoung. See you guys at school I guess.” Mina runs off to the hills.

As Sana drives, I remember all the things Chaeyoung said to me over and over and I can’t hold back the tears anymore, and I start crying my heart out.

“Tzuyu!” Sana screams.

She parks the car on the side of the road and wipes my tears.

“Tzuyu please, tell me what’s wrong I want to help you. I can’t stand to see you like this, you can tell me anything.”

I look at Sana with my blurred vision. I wipe my eyes and see that she looked so sincere. I decide to tell her everything. My history with Chaeyoung, what I did to Mina and Momo, what happened at the hiking path, all of it.

“Oh my god. I had no idea that you went through all of that. Just so you know Tzuyu, I won’t ever do anything to hurt you. I’ll be there for you no matter what I promise.”

The moonlight leaks into the windows of Sana’s car. The light shines on her face and she looks even more beautiful now than she did back on the hill during the sunset.

“Thank you Sana, I’m glad to hear that. You really make me happy.”

“I want to make you happy. I want to make you happy all the time. So please don’t cry anymore, I’ll do anything, just say the word.”

“Kiss me…”

“Wh…what? Are you sure? You’re really ok with that right now?”

“Sana shut up and kiss me.”

I close my eyes as Sana comes closer and our lips touch. Her lips were so soft. They tasted sweet, I could taste the fruit we ate hours ago. This is better than Chaeyoung’s kiss. I lose myself in the moment. Sana runs her hands through my hair and I do the same to her. This is how it should be, this didn’t feel forced, it was natural, I felt at peace. I felt like I could be safe in Sana’s arms. I didn’t want to be anywhere else but by Sana’s side.

“Sana…would it be ok… if… I stayed at your place tonight?”

“Wh..what!? Tzuyu are you sure!? What about your mom? Won’t she worry?”

“I’ll text her don’t worry. I don’t want to be anywhere except next to you right now. I feel safe with you, I feel at peace when I’m with you.”

“Sure, just let me ask my parents if it’s ok.”

Sana takes out her phone and calls her mom.

“Hi Mom! Look, I have a…” she looks at me for a second, “a friend…that wants to sleep over tonight, is that ok?”

I can hear her mom’s voice through the phone, but I can’t really make out what she’s saying.

“Really? Thank you! We’ll be home soon! Bye!”

“Did she say it’s ok?”

“Yupp! Just as long as it’s ok with your mom, did you text her yet?”

I texted my mom as Sana was talking to hers, I take my phone out and look to see if I got a reply.

“Are you ok sweetie? I don’t mind you sleeping over at a friend’s place, just make sure you come home first to pick up stuff, I don’t want you being unprepared and have to borrow clothes and a toothbrush and stuff. Can you do that?”

“Well, she said it’s ok, I just have to stop by my house to pick up some stuff and talk to her first, is that ok with you?”

“Yeah, it’s not a problem!” Sana screams in happiness, “I get to spend the day with you Tzuyu I never thought this was going to happen haha!”

I turn to Sana and smile and she looks at me as if her eyes were peering into my heart. She then proceeds to kiss me on the cheek and smiles. I wasn’t expecting that and I can’t control my face. I cover myself with my bag and hide.

“Oh? What’s this? Tzuyu Chou is suddenly hiding in embarrassment from a kiss on the cheek after she told me to shut up and kiss her on the lips?” Sana jokes.

“That was in the moment! I just wanted to forget what happened earlier, I don’t know what got into me I just…you looked really beautiful under the moonlight ok?”

I peek over at Sana and she’s smiling with her cheeks bright pink. She starts the car and we head over to my house. Once we get there, I tell Sana that I won’t be long and head inside, as soon as I open the door my mom is waiting in the living room for me with a bag of my stuff.

“Mom you didn’t have to do that, I could’ve gotten my stuff on my own.”

Before I can say anything else, my mom gets up and turns on the light and grabs my face and looks at my eyes.

“Your eyes are red and puffy. You were crying not too long ago weren’t you?”

My mom always notices things like this, I could never get anything past her.

“Yeah I was, but I’m ok now really.”

“I understand that at a time like this you need to be with your friends, at your age they mean a lot. But just don’t forget that you can talk to me about anything no matter what ok Tzuyu? I don’t care what it is, dreams, school, boys, girls, no matter what I am here for you understand?”

This really touched me, my mother always knew what to say.

“Thank you mom, I love you. I’ll be home early tomorrow I promise.”

I head back to Sana’s car and I see her bopping her head to what I’m pretty sure is Paramore. I wouldn’t peg Sana as a Paramore fan, but hey I like them too so I don’t pay too much mind to it. As soon as I open the door, Sana coughs and lowers the music.

“You uhh didn’t see all of that did you?”

“If you mean you head banging to Paramore, then yes I saw all of it.”

She slams her head on the wheel, “Ahh so embarrassing.”

I turn up the music and head bang to ‘Fences’. Sana watches in awe, and we start shaking our heads together. Once the song ends, I look up and see my mom watching from the door laughing.

“Oh no.” I hide my face, “Sana drive!”

“See Tzuyu! It’s embarrassing!”

“Sana just drive!”

Sana is driving and we look at each other every now and then. When our eyes meet we can’t help but laugh at what just happened. It turns out that Sana doesn’t live too far from me, we made it to her house in about fifteen minutes. I met Sana’s parents, who were very nice to me. We walked up the stairs to Sana’s room which was full of posters of various artists, from Paramore to Girl’s Generation.

“Sana you listen to K-Pop?”

“Yeah! I love Girl’s Generation! I listen to a few other groups too. That doesn’t bother you does it?”

“No, not at all, I actually really like Girl’s Generation too.”

“Oh yay!”

“Yah! Sana-chan! You’re too loud! You really need to learn to stop screaming.” Sana’s mom says as she pokes her head through the door.

Sana just nods her head and she covers .

“Sorry Tzuyu, she can be a little much sometimes, thank you for being her friend.” Sana’s mom says as she smiles.

“Oh I know, and thank you for letting me stay in your home.” I smile back.

“We have dinner almost ready, you girls hungry?”

“STARV…ahem I’m starving!” Sana says trying to control her volume.

“Yeah, I’m pretty hungry too.” I say as I feel my empty stomach.

“Well I hope you like curry Tzuyu, we made lots of it!”

“Yay I love your guys’ curry!” Sana yells out.

“Sana! What did I say about you volume!?”

Sana bites her lips and I think I feel my heart skip a beat, then I remember Sana’s mom is in the room and I try to calm down.

“Anyway, I’ll set the table you girls come dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter