Final Chapter

Memory Lane: Maybe It's Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you going to be doing with your old bed?” my mom asks.

“Probably leave it in the guest room, we needed something to fill it with. What are you going to do with my room now that it’s going to be empty?”

“Oh I don’t know, I still can’t believe my little girl is all grown up now! Look at you, you graduated high school and college, you even got married and are moving into your own place. I could…I could just cry! Why can’t you just stay my little girl forever!?”

I take a breath and release a heavy sigh. Don’t get me wrong, I love my mother, but this has to be the hundredth time she’s said this since I told her the wife and I found our own place.

“I will always be your little girl mom, no matter old I get. I’ve told you this a million times already. I’ll come visit a lot too, I promise.” I give her a hug and she latches on tight.

“You better take care of each other ok? Oh what am I saying? You two have been through so much together, of course you’ll be fine. How long has it been now?”

“Five years today actually, she’ll be cooking dinner right about now. I should head home soon.”

“Goodbye my dear Tzuyu. If you ever need anything you come on over or I’ll come to you even, ok?”

“Of course mom, love you!”

“Love you too dear!”

A single tear dropped from my eye as I walk away from my house and my mother. If you’re wondering about my dad, I said goodbye to him earlier, he had to work so he left early. I was always closer to my mother, I remember crying whenever I missed her. I promise you I don’t cry as much as it seems, really I don’t! I head into my car and look to the road getting ready for one last thing before I head home.

Bzz~

“Hey, I’m here at the café, let me know when you’re close by and I’ll order for you. The usual right?”

“Yeah the usual please, I’ll be there soon, my mom was being emotional.”

“Will do, drive safe! And don’t act like you’re not emotional either silly!”

Ugh Sana, shut up. Luckily my house…erm I mean my mom’s house? My old house? Whatever, I’m only five minutes away from the café, so I get there relatively quickly. I see Sana inside as she waves embarrassingly at me jumping in the air.

“Sana sit down! You’re embarrassing!”

“Oh relax, nobody cares! You’ve always been so timid Tzuyu. Loosen up! Anyway I got our usual stuff, you sure do love your chocolate.”

“Well you love your fruity stuff, with your yogurt and smoothies and I don’t judge you for it!”

“That’s because there is no such thing as too much fruit. You got yourself a mochaccino and a chocolate cake, that’s not too much for you?”

“I’m sorry if my love for chocolate offends you.” I take a bite of my delicious cake and wash it down with my mochaccino. There is certainly nothing wrong with chocolate being washed down with more chocolate.

“So how was your day?” Sana asks as she sips her strawberry smoothie.

“It was ok. After work I went to pick up some stuff from my uhh old house, to bring to the new place.”

“Ah ok, sounds fun. Speaking of the new place, how’s the married life treating you?” She smiles and raises her brow intrigued.

“It’s going well actually. It’s not that much different from what we’ve always done, just now there’s a ring, and we live with each other.”

“I’m glad you’re happy Tzuyu. It’s good to see you two going strong even after all these years. I want what you have, something lasting, you know?”

“You could always go back to Dahyun you know? She’s still not over you it seems.”

“Yeah, well we broke up AGAIN because SHE still thinks I’m not over YOU.” She emphasizes.

“Well, are you over me?”

“Blunt as always huh? Haha Yes, Tzuyu, I am over you. I’ve been over you since senior year of high school.”

“Hmm are you sure? Because I seem to remember a certain someone asking me to prom by dancing to Girl’s Generation’s ‘Mr. Taxi’ thinking it would win me over, WHILE I was with Chaeyoung!”

“TZUYU STOP! It’s not my proudest moment ok…ugh I want to hide under the table now.”

“What made you think that was a good idea again? Haha”

“It was just one last shot at winning your heart because I thought I still had a chance ok? Now can we please stop talking about that, I hate that memory. So embarrassing…”

“I’m sorry haha, with the way you are, it’s literally the only thing you can get embarrassed of so I had to.”

“Hey Tzuyu, since you brought up the subject, now I’m just asking as a hypothetical ok? So don’t look into it too much, but do you ever wonder what would happen if you chose me instead?”

My mind travels back to junior year. After my date with Chaeyoung, she let me have some time to talk to Sana before we would officially claim ourselves a couple. I called Sana over the next day and while I was tired of all the heartbreak, this had to be done.

*Ding Dong*

Oh no she’s here already, what am I going to say? I’ve never told anybody anything like this before. This is going to be hard. I can see why Chaeyoung had a difficult time not telling me about her and Mina before. Telling someone that you’re feelings have changed is no simple task. It’s not as one sided as people think. It hurts the person doing the rejecting as well, especially if they genuinely cared for the other person. I open the door.

“Tzuyu! Wow your house is really nice! I brought you some chocolate cake, I remember you telling me you liked it.”

Oh did she really have to bring some chocolate cake over? How am I supposed to do this when she brings me one of my biggest weaknesses?

“Thanks Sana, do you mind if we sat down for a bit? I need to tell you something.”

I didn’t want to drag this on, I wanted to do this quickly and straight to the point.

“Sure, what is it?”

“Yesterday I was with Chaeyoung and we talked. We talked about a lot of things like how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter