Chapter 6

The Only Exception

Sinb’s POV

“Do you uh… maybe want to come inside for a bit?”

She looked at me with obvious hesitance in her eyes. I started to panic a bit. Maybe it wasn’t right for me to ask that. “You don’t have to… you know it was just-“I was already starting to take that offer back or to brush it off, but before I could say anything else she already smiled at me with that beautiful smile of hers and said “I would love to”. My heart started to skip a few beats and I smiled ta her. I opened the door to the complex and let her to the elevator. The building is quite big and Sowon and I live at the very top of it. It was very expensive, but I am glad that we still moved in it.

When the elevator came down to our current floor we went inside it and I pushed the button to the 69th floor. The ride was quite long and the only thing that filled the awkward silence between us was the boring elevator music that always played in here. Like ALWAYS. Arriving at the 69th floor the doors opened and I went outside the lift and to my apartment with Yerin following me with a bit of a distance. I unlocked the door to my residence and opened it wide, allowing Yerin to go in first. I followed after her and closed the door behind me. I kicked off my boots and hung my jacket on the clothes rack to the right of the door. I looked at Yerin after that and she already started to unlace her shoelaces and taking off one shoe after the other. When she took off her jacket I softly took it out her hands and hung it on the clothes rack as well. She sheepishly smiled at me and thanked me.

After I hung her jacket I led her to the living room “Make yourself at home” I said as we entered the room. “Do you want something to drink?” I asked her as I opened a cabinet were a few bottles of various alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages stood.

She stopped looking around the room and instead looked at me with a smile. “No thank you”

“Are you sure? I have some good wine that a friend once brought from Italy.” I said as I took the bottle of wine out of the cabinet. I looked at her with a smile and wiggled my eyebrows.

She chuckled a bit and nodded her head. “Okay maybe one glass”.

I smiled and grabbed two wine glasses and placed them on the coffee table in front of the couch. After taking a seat on the leather couch, I filled in wine in both glasses and handed one Yerin, who was still looking around the living room. “Your apartment is really beautiful” she said when she grabbed the glass out of my hand.

Smiling at her I said “Well, thank you. I actually share it with Sowon.” She nodded her head in understanding “Do you maybe want to have a tour. It’s not that big or interesting, but I could still show you around if you want to” I nervously asked her. But the nervousness soon vanished when I saw her eyes lighting up and her head eagerly nodding.

“Yes I would love to”

So we made our way through the apartment. The first room I showed her was the kitchen that was next to the living room, then the two bathrooms, the my bedroom and then the little music room were Sowon and I relax and make some music together. It wasn’t really that special, there was just a piano and a guitar, some paintings on the wall and a small couch on the side, but nevertheless Yerin still looked in awe at this room in particular. She went up to the piano and looked at me with hopeful eyes. “May I?”

“Of course”

She placed her now empty wine glass on the small coffee table, that stood in front of the white couch, sat herself on the bench in front of the white piano and laid her fingers on the tiles. “To be honest I haven’t played it since high school. My parents forbid me to play the piano and told me to concentrate more on my studies and after I moved out I … kind of forgot about playing music” she said with sadness in her tone. I went up to her and laid a comforting hand on her shoulder. She looked up at me and smiled. We locked eyes for a few seconds before she concentrated back on the black and white tiles. She breathed in and her delicate fingers started to play a tune that I instantly recognised and it made me smile. ‘Kiss the rain’. It was the first song that she played for me. It was the song that she played for me on our first date. Moments before our first shared …kiss. A single tear rolled down my face without my notice upon remembering the wonderful moments that the two of us shared in the past. I wiped it away with the hand that wasn’t holding the wineglass and sat on the bench next to Yerin. I looked at her fingers softly tapping the tiles in order to produce the angelic sound that filled my ears. When she finished the song I looked to my right to look at her only to see her already facing me. Our eyes again locked and we stayed like that for what felt like hours. Looking her in the eyes felt like all this time that we didn’t see each other were mere seconds rather than years. It felt like we never really part, like we were still the young teenagers in love, like we still were together.

But we did part and we did not see each other in years. We weren’t teenager anymore and we weren’t together anymore, because …she had someone else. And upon remembering that I broke the eye contact and stood up from the bench. She looked down the moment my eyes looked elsewhere. I cleared my throat and said with a smile “well you are still as good as you were in high school”.

I heard a small ‘thank you’ from the petite girl that still looked down. There was a small moment of awkward silence and I decided to break it. For I said with a bit of nervousness laced in my voice “ I still have a few rooms to show you…uhm do you want to uh… continue the tour?”

She just nodded, stood up from the black bench and retrieved the glass from the table . When she finally looked back up, I smiled at her and took her hand in mine. “Come on I want to show you my favourite place in this complex”

She returned my smile and followed me out of the room and into the living room. I let go of her hand only to place the empty glasses on the table and made my way out of the apartment. Yerin looked at me confused but I ignored it and just closed the door behind Yerin and me. We went up the staircase and when we arrived at the top I opened the door to the roof. My favourite place.

When Yerin went through the door she immediately took a step back. It was then that I remembered again that she never really liked heights. Her gaze wandered around the big roof. It was decorated with a few benches and tables and a few lamps that were placed on the fence around the edge of the roof.

Taking her hand in mine again I reassuringly smiled at her and led her to a bench that stood near the fence. I let go of her hand and gestured for her to sit down on the wooden bench and sat myself down beside her as well. She looked a little scared and kept her gaze on the ground.

“Don’t worry you won’t fall down” I said with a small chuckle to reassure her, but she still kept her head low. I looked up and saw the stars and the moon illuminating the dark night sky.  I smiled and said “the sky is really beautiful.”

I noticed that she finally looked up and turned my head to look at her. Her lips curved up into a small smile as she admired the scenery. “It really is beautiful today”. She said and I couldn’t stop myself from thinking that even though the sky was beautiful today it still couldn’t compete to Yerin.

I didn’t realize that I was staring at her for so long until I saw her turning her head to look at me. We just looked at each other again without saying a word. Until she broke it and looked back up at the sky and sighed. I turned my head up at the sky as well.

“I’m sorry”

Hearing those words I turned back to her and looked at her confused. “For what?” I asked her.

She looked down at her hands and started to fidget with them. It made me nervous and so I decided to lay my hand on her fidgeting ones to stop them and urge her to look at me. And she did. I saw her in the eyes that looked so …sad…

She sighed again and finally gave me the answer to my question. “For everything” she said. A tear rolled down her face and she hastily wiped it away. “For the horrible times you had during the last year of high school, for the stress you had with your parents and for not being there for you.”

Tears after tears rolled down her face and I just engulfed her in my arms as she continued. “I’m so sorry Sinb-ah. I’m so, so sorry…” Her voice cracked at the end a bit and I just hugged her tighter.

“It’s okay Yerin-ah. I already forgave you a long time ago. It’s alright” I said as tears started to spill from my eyes too and I just caressed her hair. We stayed like that for some time until I heard her speak again. “but I’m the most sorry for not fighting for you” I immediately stopped caressing her hair and felt Yerin slowly pull away from me and look me in the eyes. Her eyes were all red and puffy from the tears and I slowly wiped the tears away from her cheeks. I felt her lean into my touch and saw her closing her eyes. She opened them again after a few seconds and said “I missed you so much”

The next thing I know is that I saw her slowly leaning in and pressing her lips against mine.

We kissed…

 

Note:

Sorry for not updating for so long... someone passed away recently and I just didn't felt like writing. I hope you understand.

Also I think that I will only write about 3 more chapters so and then I will start ato write a few one shots because I'm just overflowing with ideas for new stories and i hope that you guys will also read them. (There will be other ships too)

Anyway i hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and thank you for being so patient with me <3