Chapter 4

The Only Exception

Sinb’s POV

‘Should I answer her? I sure made a fool out of myself right now. How can I even face her now?-’

My train of thoughts were interrupted by the small heavenly voice of no other than Yerin, “Sinb?”

 I decided that it would be best if I didn’t answer her to prevent further embarrassment and just prayed to god that she would eventually leave in a few seconds. After five minutes of a few small knocks there was finally silence. I waited another five minutes just to be sure that she went away. Letting out a big sigh I stood up from the cold black tiled floor. I brushed my clothes off and reluctantly stretched out my hand to hold the door knob before turning it to the side to open the white wooden door a bit. I looked through the small gap to see if I could spot her anywhere, but luckily I didn’t see her. So I opened the door fully and quickly made my way down the stairs again to the dance floor. Once I was downstairs I hastily slipped through the crowd of drunken people to my best friend, who was still dancing in the same position as before. I tapped her shoulder and she turned around to face me. “I’m going home”.

She frowned and said, “What? It’s still early why do you want to go?”

I looked down and fumbled with my fingers. “I’m just tired.”  I said and she nodded her head. I said goodbye to the two and made my way out of the mansion. As I opened the front door I heard a voice behind me calling my name, but knowing to who it belonged I pretended to not hear it. I hurried out of the door and into the front yard to go home. I was already on the pedestrian when I felt a hand holding my arm. Stopping in my tracks I hesitantly turned around only to be facing the beauty I haven’t seen in seven years. We stared at each other for some time, before she broke it and let go of my arm. “Hey” I heard her say in a small voice still facing the ground.

“He-hey”

‘Damn why do I always have to stutter?’

She looked up again and once again locked her eyes with mine. She opened as to say something, but quickly closed it again and once again her eyes wandered to the ground. I took the time to look at her properly.  She was wearing a tight black dress which ended mid-thigh and a cute little white purse, that matched her white high heels, was hanging on her shoulder. I noticed that she not only changed her style but also changed her hair colour to blonde, which really suited her. The length of it was still the same, though. It perfectly cascaded down her shoulders with slight locks at the end. 

When my eyes wandered back to her face a pair of brown orbs were already staring intently at me.  I instantly averted my gaze to something else on the ground and my heart began to beat like crazy. After a few seconds my heart rate calmed down again and I looked back up at her to see her still looking at me, but this time with the cute eye smile I missed so much. Due to its addictiveness my lips curved into a small smile to, but it instantly faltered when a deep voice called after Yerin.

She turned to the left to look at the person who called her and my eyes followed suit. It was a tall handsome man with a gorgeous smile planted on his face. He looked familiar, but I couldn’t quite figure out what his name was and where I knew him from. When he reached us he slung his arm around Yerin’s waist and kissed her on the cheek. ‘Okay, who the hell is he?!’

But he not only kissed her but even said “Hey, babe here you are. I was already looking for you”

I looked at Yerin with a questioning gaze, but she didn’t look at me but rather at the ground. I saw her sighing and looking back up. She opened and answered him with a nervous smile “Uhm… yeah sorry about that. I just wanted to talk to an old friend of mine.” ‘Ouch… ‘old friend’, alright…’  

“I can see that,” he chuckled and then proceeded to stick out his hand that wasn’t around Yerin’s waist “my name is Jin by the way and what is yours?”

I forced a smile and hesitantly took his hand in mine to shake it. Hard. “ My name is Sinb.” We just continued to shake each other’s hands until Yerin awkwardly coughed, which caught our attention.  I let go of Jin’s hand and unobtrusively wiped my hand on my jeans. Yerin looked apologetically at Jin, who still had his hand on her waist, though I am hundred percent sure that his hand wasn’t that far below before. “Can you wait for me inside? I just have to talk to Sinb about something…”

He smiled at her and kissed her on the cheek again, to which I unconsciously rolled my eyes. Then he finally removed his dirty hands from her. “Sure I will see you inside, babe” he said with a wink and turned around to leave us alone.

When he went inside I got really nervous as to what she wanted to talk to me about. I turned back to look at her only to find her already staring at me. I awkwardly broke the eye contact, because it made me really nervous how much effect she still had on me even though we haven’t seen each other since high school. “So what did you want to talk to me about?”

 


Note:

Sorry for the late update, but I'm currently not in the shape to continue with regular updates...

I hope you will still enjoy this small chapter :)