Chapter 2

The Only Exception

The day before

“Do you really have to drag me with you to that stupid party?”

“Yes, of course!” answered Sinb her best friend Sowon with a smirk on her face, which Sowon really would like to slap off. “Come on it’s going to be great!” she said which still wasn’t really convincing to Sowon. With the same smirk still plastered on her face she teasingly said “Eunha is going to be there too”, which finally gained her the slap her tall friend was holding back.

“Yah! Stop teasing me about it! I should’ve never told you about her!” she said whiningly, which made Sinb laugh. A while ago Sowon confessed to Sinb that she has a crush on a girl called Eunha, who is a co-worker of Sinb at her dance studio that trains idols and is also a close friend of her.  “Stop laughing you evil $hit!” she said while hitting Sinb repeatedly with a pillow.

“Okay, okay…I’ll stop. Can we please prepare for the party now? It’s already 8pm and we got to be there by 11 pm you don’t want to keep Eunha waiting, do you?.”  Sinb said while trying to take away the pillow out of Sowon’s hands, which failed because she got one last slap on her face with it.

“Alright”, Sowon huffed out a sigh and stood up from the floor they were currently sitting on in front of Sinb’s bed,” let’s get ready, but you owe me big time!” to which Sinb nodded eagerly. The older girl still didn’t understand why she wanted to go to that stupid party. After Sowon took out her makeup back and proceeded to go to Sinb’s makeup stand she looked in the mirror before her in which she saw her younger friend put some clothes on her bed to decide what she should wear. “Why are you so eager to go there anyway?” she finally asked.

Sinb turned to Sowon’s direction with a bright smile on her face “Because I haven’t really been on one for a long time and I feel like having some fun for once”. Sowon just nodded and looked at her makeup, which she took out of her bag and laid down on the table. She picked up her concealer and started to prepare for the party.

After they finally dressed up they called a cab and drove to the address of the location where the party would be. The drive was relatively short, because they only lived about 10 minutes away from it. When Sinb opened the door of the cab she was instantly met with the image of people wildly making out and smoking in front of the house. She closed the door and waited for Sowon to pay the driver. After the tall redhead finished paying him Sinb took her arm and happily dragged her inside the big mansion.  “Wow this guy, who hosts this party must be really rich.” Sinb heard her say very loudly, because she had to speak over the obnoxiously loud music that was playing “what was his name again?” she turned to Sowon and replied with a smile” Heechul.” When she looked back at the front she instantly caught sight of the spoke person. “Come on there he is. Let’s say hi”

They proceeded to make their way past the drunken people to the kitchen were Heechul was, who talked to a girl, which Sinb believes is Hani. His best friend. She tapped his shoulder and smiled at him when he turned around to her “Hey glad you could make it, Sinb-ya”

“Hey” she greeted back and embraced him in a friendly hug. “Oppa, this is Sowon, my best friend” she said when they parted after a few seconds. “Hello” Sowon shyly said with a small bow. Heechul smiled at her and said “glad to finally meet you Sowon-ssi” Sowon smiled back and both her and Sinb then greeted Hani. They talked for a while before Sinb decided that she wanted to drink something.

She excused herself and proceeded to go to the bar at the far left of Heechuls enormous kitchen. “Two beers please” she said to the bartender who looked quite handsome, with his big brown eyes and defined jaw. He took two beers and handed them to Sinb with a flirty wink “enjoy the drinks”. “Thanks” she shyly answered back and made her way again to the three who were still talking to each other. When she got there she handed Sowon one beer and took a sip from her own.

When she looked back at Sowon she saw the older girl staring at something on the dance floor. She followed Sowon’s gaze and discovered what, or more like who, caught her attention and instantly the smirk found its way back on Sinb’s face.

She leaned closer to the older one and teasingly whispered “Don’t you want to say hi to her instead of just staring at her like a creep from the side?“, which earned her, yet again, a slap. Sowon looked at her with a glare and even though she should be scared of her, because of the deadly glare she is receiving, she just started to laugh, because she detected the brightly red colour that tinted the older girl’s cheeks. Before Sowon could even protest the younger girl already took her arm and made her way to the dance floor, where Eunha was currently dancing.

“Hey Eunha-ya” the older one heard her, very, annoying friend say. When Eunha heard her name being called she turned around and smiled brightly at the two, which made Sowon’s heart beat like crazy.

“Hello Sinb-ya, hello Sowon-ssi” she said. When Sinb noticed that Sowon wasn’t saying anything , she slightly nudged her friend, which made the older ones cheeks redder than they were before.

“He- hello Eunha-ssi” Sowon finally stuttered and looked down at the ground.  Sinb pretend to need to go the restroom and excused herself, which left the two girls alone on the dance floor. Sowon awkwardly looked down and started to make plans how to kill her dumb friend who left her alone with her crush, who she never talked to alone.

She decided that maybe another sip from her beer would maybe make her shyness go away. When she lifted the beer bottle from her lips again, after she took a sip, she felt a hand hold her free hand and drag her a bit more to the middle of the dance floor. She looked up at Eunha, who just smiled at her and cheerfully said” Let’s dance a bit, ok?” and she just nodded with a shy smile.

Eunha took her beer bottle from her hands and placed the almost empty beverage on a nearby table. Then she took both of her hands, which send a wave of electricity through Sowon’s body and placed them on her hips, after that she laid her own hands around Sowon’s neck and started to sway her hips to the music all while looking deeply into Sowon’s eyes. She prayed that the light was dim enough to not let the short haired girl see how madly she was blushing. Soon enough Sowon also started to dance and she more and more loosened up and just enjoyed dancing with her crush and seeing her laugh. She is kind of glad that she went to the party with Sinb. ‘I think I am the one who owes you now, Sinb-ah’ she thought to herself and smiled.

 

Note :

Here is the first real chapter of this story! Yuhu!

I know it's kind of short, but I will write more soon. I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

Please feel free to comment on the story and let me know wether you like it or not so far! :D