Chapter 9

The Only Exception

Note:

I am so sorry that it took me so long to continue this ff, but I wasn't very inspired to write and I'm not really satisfied with this chapter.

But nevertheless I thought I should update this ff.

Anyway I hope you will enjoy this little filler until the next and probably last chapter. And also thank you for everyone that subscribed and commented as well as read the story. I'm very thankful for your support and I hope you will keep reading my fics.

Luv ya<3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sowon’s POV

“Y-you… look beautiful today” she said while looking down.

“Th-thank you, you d-do too” I stuttered while briefly glancing at you and then mirroring your action.

Both of us were blushing madly while being too shy to look each other in the eyes again. I don’t know what it is with you, Eunha. I’m not really shy normally and I wouldn’t be blushing at something like that either, but hearing that from you just let a swarm of butterflies free in my stomach.

We haven’t even moved an inch since you opened the door. We just kept standing here looking at each other for I don’t even know how long.

“For you” I said whilst stretching out my hand, remembering that I had brought you something. You looked at the small single red rose in my hand and smiled shyly. When you grabbed the flower you accidently brushed your finger against mine, which sent electricity threw my body.

“Thanks” you said still with that same cute little shy smile on your lips.

After you took the flower you closed the door after you and we made our way to my car. Being the gentle…woman that I am, I opened the door for you and after that I went to the opposite side and got into the driver’s seat. The whole car ride long you hummed and sang along the songs that played in the radio and I swear I never heard a more angelic voice than yours. Your soft little singing made the butterflies in my stomach, which were already flying like crazy, even more crazy. Your voice is just so soothing and cute.

The drive was about fifteen minutes long and when you saw where we were heading your eyes lit up.

“I love the arcade!”, you exclaimed in a way I know kids usually do.

I smiled at what you said and it felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders, because I spent like a whole day thinking about where to take you.

After parking in the parking lot in front of the huge arcade I got outside the car and opened the door for you. You were so happy and immediately took my hand in yours. I was blushing madly at it, but luckily you didn’t notice because you were too busy dragging me inside the building.

And I swear I never had more fun at the arcade than I had with you. I had so much fun that I didn’t notice how the time flew by and we stayed there until closing time, which was like at midnight.

Even though I lost almost every game, the smile on your face and the blush on your cheeks when I gave you a compliment made me happier than any win.

After the arcade closed up we went to the beach and strolled along the shore. The moon was shining brightly and left a beautiful reflection on the blue water of the ocean, but it wasn’t as beautiful as you. No, it wasn’t. The moon not only shone on the water but also illuminated the side of your face and made your eyes even more sparkling than the brightest star in the sky.

We went quietly side by side with me stealing a few glances every now and then to admire your beauty. I wanted to hold your hand so badly. Every time our hands accidently brushed against each other it sent sparks up my body and I just wanted to feel it more. After about five minutes of just walking in silence and thinking about whether I should embrace your hand in mine or not, I had enough of it and just quietly took your hand in mine without glancing in your direction. I couldn’t help the smile forming on my face when I felt you interlocking our fingers and squeezing my hand. We walked a little bit more like that without saying anything, because nothing was needed to say. We just walked in very comfortable silence. And it was the best. Every time when people spoke about comfortable silence, I thought about the kind of comfortable when I’m with my family or with friends, but this was different. It felt better with Eunha. Way better than any silence I’ve ever experienced. It felt like we’ve known each other for forever; like we just didn’t need words right now. All that was needed was the company of each other.

We walked a while longer like that until we reached a particular set of big stones. We sat on one of them that was near the water and I started to take off my shoes. You turned my way and looked at me funny.

“What are you doing?” you said a little amused as I threw one of my shoes to the side.

“I’m taking my shoes off,” I simply said when I threw the second one also to the side. I put my now feet into the relatively warm water; at least it was warm for the time of the day, “and now I put my feet into the water.” I said smiling at you. You just chuckled and turned to look at your own pair of feet, that were still in your ballerinas. You slowly reached for your shoes and took them off and threw them away as well.  

You stuck your feet into the water and looked at me, smiling brightly.

We sat like this for a while with our feet hanging into the water and our eyes interlocked with each other.

And again the comfortable silence consumed us; leaving us in an intimate eye contact.

This moment was just perfect for a…a kiss. Thinking about that made my heart beat erratically fast and I quickly broke off the eye contact and looked at my feet in the salty ocean water, utterly flustered. After a few seconds I felt you laying your hand over mine, which was supporting me on the stone. I instantly averted my gaze back to you and saw you smiling brightly at me. I smiled back at you until I realized that you stopped smiling and were slowly leaning in, with your eyes still locked with mine. Every inch that you came nearer my heart was beating faster and faster, until it reach a speed that probably isn’t really healthy. I felt your breath against my lips and saw your eyes getting darker when you were just and inch away from my face. Slowly closing your eyes you leaned in completely and enveloped my lips in your own. I closed my eyes as well and started to kiss you back when I felt your other hand holding my cheek.

This moment… it felt like magic. Like it wasn’t real, like I was dreaming, but it was real and I wasn’t dreaming. And I couldn’t help the smile forming on my lips when I realized that and I felt you smiling too. I felt so happy; so complete.

Your lips felt so warm and soft and it was absolutely the best kiss I’ve ever had. It felt like…like I was home.