Chapter 6

Not so ordinary day

While both Tiffany and Jessica are enjoying their little date in a café. Somewhere not too far from them, someone is mysteriously and weirdly taking down some important notes.

 

Hmm… Let’s see.

Kwon Yuri broke up with the victim, exactly eleven months today.

Victim is currently enjoying her coffee with her friend in this café near Myeongdong region.

Target is seated right in front of the victim flashing her eyesmile.

Target is checking out her surroundings. Hmmm…. Suspicious.

Target and victim started to chat. No skinship involved. Okay, so far so good.

Victim is somehow looking calm compared before.

Does the victim already moved on?

Victim seems to be enjoying her time with target.

Target is beautiful just like the victim. But the detective is the most beautiful and awesome one.

“Yah. Aren’t you a little too old to continue that Detective Jung series, huh?”

Soojung was surprised and immediately closed her notebook of clues the moment she heard that statement. She’s completely in a weird get up, from the black jacket to her shades, she’s definitely causing a scene since it’s freaking summer and the temperature is at 37 deg Cel.

Detective Jung looked up and saw this doe-eyed girl, Yoona.

Yoona is one of her sister’s close friend back in college. She knows that Yoona had an extremely huge crush on her sister before and they somehow got along with each other since Yoona mostly spent her time following Jessica up to their home.

They have treated this girl as family and Yoona couldn’t be grateful as she lives far away from her father and is only an only child.

Yoona have mixed her feelings with longingness for a family and mistook Jessica’s presence as love. She needed a family not a romantic partner.

She have found a family with Jessica and Soojung. She have a precious unnie that took care of her throughout her college life and have Soojung like her dongsaeng that she can be silly with.

Her unnie liked Yoona too since this doe-eyed girl is really a great friend even if the latter can empty a food truck. She was one of Jessica’s most trusted friends and she considers Yoona as her dongsaeng.

For the record, this girl haven’t heard what happened to her sister’s relationship to Yuri. Hell would break if Yoona would find this out. Yoona hated Kwon Yuri when she became Jessica’s girlfriend. It’s like she lost her precious unnie to this dark-skinned girl since Yuri was so over-protective of Jessica and would not let her hangout with her friends.

“Yoona unnie! Omo! You’re so pretty today! How are you? Are you hungry? Oh, I’m busy, I better get going. Nice to see you! By-“ Soojung said as she quickly stood up and collect her things while keeping her head down low to avoid Yoona’s gaze.

Yoona, on the other hand, chuckled in amusement and despite how thin she looks she is a physically strong person. She pushed down Soojung slowly back to sit and took the seat in front of her.

“How are you Soojung? Why are you following your Unnie, huh? Who is that girl? Where is Kwon Yuri?” Yoona said nonstop and Soojung was clearly nervous how to answer that question. Detective has been caught.

Meanwhile, Tiffany became nervous for no reason. She looked around the café since she’s having this feeling like they are being watched or something.

“Is there something wrong?” Jessica asked when she saw Tiffany fidgeting in her seat.

“I.. Uhh. No. Let’s go shopping?”

With that, both girls exited the café and started to stroll around the mall. They have started with shoe stores, to bags, to clothes and perfume. Jessica was surprised she was able to keep up with Tiffany with this shopping. They literally went to every stores in the mall. It feels like she manage to work out this day just by doing this. She’s having fun just watching Tiffany gets giddy whenever she finds something cute or pretty.

“Omo! This pig plushy is cute, Jessi!” Tiffany squeals as she points on the pink pig plushy on the display of a stuffed toy store.

“You only like it because it’s pink, Tiff. C’mon, let’s go grab ice cream!” the blonde exclaimed as she grab Tiffany’s hand and run away from the store before Tiffany gets crazy and buy it. They have six shopping bags each now and she can’t fathom how much Tiffany had already spent.

Soon they have reached the ice cream store and Jessica was relieved that the place have their aircon full-blast. “Air-coooon~~” she said as she plumps herself to the chair nearest to the airconditioner.

Tiffany find this so adorable and she can’t help but secretly took a picture of her hoobae’s state right now. A smile formed in her lips as she saves the photo on her phone. Another memory with Jessica Jung.

Jessica got herself a butterscotch ice cream and Tiffany, of course, a strawberry ice cream for the pink monster. Both are settled on their seat, quietly eating and watching the people from across the ice cream shop store. Across from them is a park where family or friends gathers for a picnic or lovers having their mini-date with just pizza and a cola. Some are taking pictures, some are playing games with their kids, some are just reading books.

“I don’t know how they do that. It’s clearly hot outside. I might melt if we were there.”

Tiffany laughed at this statement, she herself can’t imagine Jessica in that scenario too.

“You’re hopeless.”

“Oh yeah? How about you pink monster? Can you handle that heat?” Jessica teased.

“So now, you’re calling me a pink monster? Why is that, huh? I just love pink!”

“Yes, you’re right. You just love pink. Every single thing we bought were pink! Even your ice cream is pink!” Jessica said as she points the ice cream Tiffany is currently holding.

“Yah. Do you want to fight with me?” Tiffany coldly said as she glare and raise her fist to Jessica as if she is ready to fight.

Jessica glared back and copied Tiffany’s silly antics. There was a minute of glaring and silence between the two but was cut-off when both girls eventually laughed out loud with what they have done. They have just stayed in the store because (1) it’s still hot outside and (2) Jessica might melt if they go out.

Tiffany did not bother to object with this, as long as she’s with Jessica anywhere is fine.

Both girls is having so much fun that they haven’t noticed that it is already dinner time. Tiffany is hesitant to ask Jessica on a dinner since it might be too much to ask. She already had the whole day with her and Jessica might be exhausted from shopping.

As soon as she decided to ask Jessica, a doe-eyed girl suddenly pops up from nowhere and literally jump to Jessica and hug her with all her might as if the girl’s life is depending on Jessica.

“Sica-unnie!!! Omo! I miss you~~ Why aren’t you answering my calls? I was completely worried, okay? Have you had dinner? Let’s go out! I have lots of stories to tell you! You don’t know how much I miss you!” Yoona said in her aegyo voice and hugged her beloved unnie for the first time in a while. She completely ignored the other girl’s presence as she really missed her unnie so much.

Later that day while Jessica and Tiffany was in their shopping mode, Soojung and Yoona both agreed to follow their unnie’s little date with this Tiffany-the-office-friend aka Target.

Soojung already mentioned to Yoona that Yuri and her sister already broke up months ago. As expected, Yoona was furious with the news that Soojung have said. She cannot wait to hunt Kwon Yuri down for hurting her precious unnie. But she was stopped by Soojung since it is impossible as Yuri is somewhere abroad that her unnie don’t want to tell her. Yes, Yoona have also joined this silly Detective Jung series Soojung is doing.

Both girls are on the mission to spy on their unnie and see if Jessica is doing good and okay. As a payback for the information that Soojung told Yoona, the doe-eyed girl promised Soojung not to tell her unnie that she already know what happen with Yuri.

Jessica was equally shocked as Tiffany as she saw Yoona. She haven’t been with this girl for so long since she’s avoiding her friends after what her break up with Yuri. But seeing Yoona make her a little bit emotional. She missed this little rascal so much and she’s been neglecting her calls just to save Yuri from her friends’ terror. Even after break up, Jessica still cares about Yuri. She’s been thinking of Yuri’s own good even if the girl have broken her heart.

“I..uhh.. Yoona. Good to see you. What brings you here?” Jessica said as she hugged back Yoona.

“I miss you, unnie. I haven’t seen you in a while since you started going out with Yuri-unnie. I have been okay. I just got back here in Seoul. I went to spend some time with Appa in our home. He said he misses you too.”

Yoona slowly detached herself to her unnie when she felt the intense stare that the Target is giving them.

Tiffany cleared and it caught both Jessica and Yoona’s attention.

“Sorry about that, Tiff. This is Yoona. She’s my friend/dongsaeng. Yoona, this is Tiffany my sunbae and friend at work.” Jessica said as she introduced both girls to each other.

“Hello, Tiffany-ssi. It was nice knowing you. Can I borrow my precious unnie for dinner? Please?” Yoona pleads since she really want to keep Jessica to herself this night as she wants to talk to her unnie about everything so that she wouldn’t handle this loneliness alone.

She wants Jessica to pour everything to her so that she can be finally be free of wanting to protect Yuri from her wrath. Yoona would not hunt Yuri if Jessica would not allow her. She knows her place and she respects Jessica’s decisions. She just want her happy unnie back.

“Sure, Yoona-ssi. It was nice knowing you too. See you in the office on Monday, Jessi. I really had a great time.” Tiffany said as she stood up and smiled to wave goodbye to the girls.

Jessica didn’t have the chance to say thanks to Tiffany as her sunbae dashes off after saying goodbye to them. She was unable to follow Tiffany as Yoona is clearly blocking her from standing up. Her mind’s too clouded right now. Is it already the time to tell Yoona about what happened? She wonders if Tiffany was okay after dashing off like that.

“So, dinner? My treat, unnie!” Yoona exclaimed as she hug Jessica once more.

*****

There was something different with Tiffany’s eyes the moment she heard that Jessica was actually in a relationship as mentioned by the doe-eyed girl. She didn’t know what to feel, happy that she now knows that Jessica swings that way or sad that she is currently in a relationship right now.

This was the moment that Tiffany realized that she have already fell in love with Jessica. She fell in love deeply that it’s surprising her. She haven’t felt this way before. The feeling is foreign and new to her. She’s completely losing her mind every time she’s close with Jessica. Maybe it’s the time she admits to Jessica that she like her. But how, if Jessica is already in a relationship. Should she wait for Jessica? What would she do?

Maybe this was her karma. After all the girls that she left heart-broken. She finally have her match. Jessica is her karma.

Tiffany is still in her car for a little while now. Not knowing what to do. She mindlessly took out her phone and dialed some number.

“Hey baby, where are you? Let's meet?”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N): Hi, guys! Sorry for the late update. Huhu. I've promised to upload it yesterday but unfortunately I went out to buy a mini keyboard for my laptop since I have spilled water on my lappy unintentionally while writing the fic. :( But it's okay now. I have bought a new keyboard! :)

Thank you again for the new subscribers!

Ohhh... Detective Jung has a new recruit! Rooting for YoonStal? :)

But, player Hwang Miyoung is she back? Ottoke!