To kiss or not to kiss?

My bestfriend's girl

With her bathrobe on and her makeup half done, Alice sprinted towards the front door to greet the visitor that kept on knocking over and over again.

“Coming” she shouted as she pulled open the door. Seunghyun stood in front of her looking dapper in his black tux. The topmost button of his crisp white shirt remained unfastened. He smiled goofily at Alice which broke a tiny grin on her face.

“I know we are not officially talking and I still don’t know why you are avoiding me but I really don’t know how to wear these things.” He confessed as he put up an unmade bowtie in front of Alice. She snorted out laughing as she took the tie from him.

“Fine come in.”

Seunghyun was standing in front of the mirror in Alice’s room. He carefully fiddled with the strands of hair that were not in place, trying to put them right.

“You know for a second there I thought you were in love with me.” he said.

“Why in the world would you?” she asked from beyond her closet while she picked a dress to wear.

“I mean you ignored me and…”

 

 

 

SEUNGHYUN

My words were robbed out of me as I left my sentence hanging. As if time had suddenly stopped, I stared blankly at the mirror as I watched Alice step out of her closet after putting on her dress. She was wearing a black lace tulip dress. The lovely floral lace had scalloped edges that gave her a really romantic charm yet the three quarter sleeve made her look elegant at the same time. I could feel his heart skip a beat and once again she made my heart race. Are you trying to give me a heart attack? Screamed the tiny voices in my head. A sudden rush electrified from the inside. I was brought back to reality when Alice called my name.

“Seunghyun can you help me with the zipper please?” she asked.

She was holding her hair to one side as she turned her at me. Again, my heart jolted. Seeing that little mole just under her spine was like something new to me despite countless times seeing it when they were younger. I was purely fascinated by her. Self-control you teenager, I said to myself. Carefully I pulled up her zipper with shaking hands. She twirled a couple of times and the flouncy skirt that was just shy above her knees made her look like a princess. It was then that she noticed that I was gawking silly at her. She walked up to me and straighten my black bow tie. A small smile danced on her pretty face. Her fingers smoothed out the notch lapel of my black tuxedo. Her hazel eyes penetrated deep within my soul, that I felt in her eyes. As if she was reading me like a book. Her face was merely inches away from mine. I swear I could smell the waft of her perfume. My thoughts were jumping back and forth between going for it or doing the right thing.

“You Choi Seunghyun will forever be the boy who wiped dog poop on my favourite dress. So don’t flatter yourself.” She answered mockingly as she pushed me away.

“Well, you know what they say boy girl friendships are complicated but I’ll always be here if you need me. Plus, Charlie’s poop is not disgusting.” I answered half-heartedly, as frustration began seeping into my heart.

“It is still poop genius.” She answered sadistically causing him to chuckle.