2002

My bestfriend's girl

2002

 

“Come on! Why are you so slow?” Seunghyun shouted over his shoulders.

He paddled his skateboard faster leaving Alice a few meters behind him. She was clearly annoyed at him that her face scowled in determination. With every last piece of energy left in her scrawny 15 years old body, she paddled her skateboard so she could catch up with Seunghyun.

“You’re legs are too short Park. At this rate, you’ll have to buy ice cream for me every day.” He smugly said to her as she approached him who was already standing in front of their favourite convenient store. Seunghyun was satisfied with himself. He towered above Alice when she came to a halt in front of him. Alice took off her helmet whilst giving him the silent treatment. She was simply glaring fiercely at him. They both went into the convenient store and Seunghyun bought an ice cream for each of them. She was still silent as they stepped out of the store. They continued the journey home on foot. Alice was quite as she her ice cream clean, not saying a single word.

Seunghyun casually bent over to take a bite of Alice’s ice cream like he would always do but this time she pulled her ice cream away from him. Seunghyun smiled cutely at her and danced his bingu dance in front of her. Despite that, it didn’t manage to put a smile on her face. Seunghyun poked her puffy cheeks with his finger, only to be replied with her tongue sticking out at him. Seunghyun knew he crossed the line because none of his aegyo was working on her. So he patted her head and gently fixed her hair that was ruined by the helmet and wind. Alice swatted his hands away, still not saying anything.

“Fine. I’m sorry I called you short.” Seunghyun finally said

“Shut up bingu. I still hate you.”

“You can’t blame me for growing too fast. But girls like tall guys, right?” Seunghyun asked as he took Alice’s skateboard and carried it for her. Somehow over the holiday Seunghyun shredded off his weight and in some way grew extra tall. It was easy to say puberty hit him well.

Alice simply shrugged her shoulders unknowingly.

“Oh I forgot. You’re not like other girls.”

Alice stopped walking and stood rooted in her spot. She was frowning and she had her arms crossed in front of her.

“What do you mean by that?” She asked as she did a high kick that missed his face by inches. Seunghyun jumped a step back.

“I didn’t mean that in a bad way. You’re different because you’re my cute best friend. Pyong!” Seunghyun said as he swung his long arms around Alice’s shoulders.

“You know, last night I had the weirdest dream.”

“What is it?” she asked caringly. Playfully Alice nibbled on Seunghyun’s finger that kept pinching her cheeks.

“I dreamt I was the nose of an airplane.”

“That’s so awesome. So you were flying? Are you a pilot?”

“Yeah I was swish swoosh across the sky, at top speed. No I wasn’t the pilot.” Seunghyun explained earnestly as he flapped his long arms in front of Alice. They both laughed heartedly at his crazy antics.

The thick thunderclouds were beginning to roll into the city as Alice and Seunghyun paced their steps back home. The sky was dark indicating a huge storm was about to happen. The strong violent wind was blowing hard. The street was beginning to empty as the day turned gloomy but this didn’t make them walk any faster. Soon after, it began to rain cats and dogs. The heavy rain made it impossible to go on and both Alice and Seunghyun were soaked down to the bones. Both of them stood shivering as they took shelter at an empty bus stop.

“I told you to walk faster.” Alice said.

“If I walked any faster, you would have been left behind.” Seunghyun defended himself.

She looked to the white watch she had on her wrist.

“Omma’s gonna kill me. We finished school an hour ago and we’re not home. I am so grounded.”

“Me too.”

“This is your entire fault. Arghh it’s so cold.” She said irritably kicking the puddle of water under her feet.

Alice shivered violently as she tried to warm herself. She was trembling from head to toe. She crossed her arms in front of her chest to cover her body. Her white uniform was soaked that it stuck to her skin, leaving her feeling bear. She jumped up and down and twirled around and around, trying to keep warm. Seunghyun stood up from his seat and pulled her into his arms. His long arms could easily encircle her small frame. He turned her to face him so his body would cover hers. Seunghyun’s body kept her warm and she trembled less. She could hear his heart pounding against his chest. It was thumping at full volume despite the rain.

“I’m sorry if it was my fault.”

“I didn’t mean you pabo. I meant the rain.” She pointed at the water puddle she had kicked. A small smirk broke on his face and he chuckled at his silliness.

“I know but the rain made me feel romantic.”

“So that’s why you suddenly hugged me?” Alice said sarcastically. She bit her lips to hide the smile that was beginning to form on her face.

“No, you were cold and I’m like prince charming. Other girls would melt if I did this to them.”

“Euw, you’re so full of yourself.”

Alice lightly hit Seunghyun’s chest so he would let her go, but instead he tighten his grip on her, keeping her even closer to him. Alice had no choice but to tickle him at his most sensitive part. Poke…poke…poke on Seunghyun’s belly. Like a switch he let her go but she continued to attack him and they both cackled like the crazy kids they were until the rain stopped.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 chapters in one day :) Now I'm just spoiling you guys...Don't you guys just love me? enjoy! don't forget to leave your thoughts, I love reading em and I promise I'll respond :) Maybe I'll post the next chapter next week...hehe.. *evil laugh* Gomawo :P