2001

My bestfriend's girl

2001

 

“Just tell me where we are going!” She pleaded as she cycled willingly following Seunghyun’s lead. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon but the best part was, it was the start of their summer holiday. The bright sun shined through the thin clouds and the sky was as clear as they can be.

“Just follow and don’t ask too many questions.”

The wind was blowing against their face as they paddled in leisure. It was then that Seunghyun made a turn and they entered the park by the Han River. Both of them cycled side by side along the riverfront until they reached the edge where the river met the land. Seunghyun got off his bike and threw his bag on the grass under a shady tree.

“Where are you going?” asked Alice as she watched him taking off his shoes and walking towards the water. He smiled cheekily, bobbing his head signalling her to follow him. She too threw her bike and bag next to Seunghyun’s.

Alice stood next to him while they both faced the river. Without a second thought he pushed Alice with all his might. A high pitched scream tore through the park as she fell into the water.

“CHOI SEUNGHYUN!”

He laughed so hard that his face blushed red. Alice got out of the water, soaked down to the bone and without a hesitation she jumped on Seunghyun’s back, trying to tackle him into the cooling water. Seunghyun was defeated and they both fell into the water. They laughed to their hearts content and enjoyed just being with each other. Alice splashed the water at Seunghyun and he splashed her back. They couldn’t stop laughing. Seunghyun was teasing her endlessly, poking her puffy rosy cheeks with his finger. He danced weirdly to which Alice cheered with all her might.

“Why did you want to be friends with me?” he asked out of the blue as they both lay on the lushes green grass side by side under the shade of the great old oak tree.

“Because omma told me to?” she answered cunningly, smiling at Seunghyun who was staring at her.

“I’m being serious.”

“Okay. Okay. I don’t know, because you’re weird maybe? And you make me look smart all the time?” She chuckled at her own answer.

“Alice Soyoung Park, that has got to be the most honest answer anyone has ever and will ever give me.”

“Well, you are stuck with me, like it or not.”

“Promise me that we’ll always be best friends even until we die. And that we will always stay this way. I don’t ever want the fun to end.” He held out his right hand in between them and Alice grabbed his hand into hers. She then forcefully pulled his head into a headlock positon. He struggled to release her grip on him but to no avail, for a scrawny girl she sure was strong.

“Promise. I will always be there for you. Forever. Even until you get tired of me. I will forever be the one to kick your .”

They both played together all throughout the afternoon until the magnificent summer sky turned a beautiful hue of crimson.