It was both our faults

My bestfriend's girl

JIYONG

The enormous house loomed in darkness as my white Bentley pulled up to the front door. Not a single room had the lights on. I looked up to my daughter’s room, I could see her dimly lit night light by the window seal. I was supposed to show her my new music video as I promised but as always, I lost track of time. By the time I finally realized, it was already 5.30 in the morning. I’d be too exhausted and she’d be preparing to go to school. I went over to the mailbox to collect the morning paper when suddenly a white envelop dropped to the ground from underneath the newspaper. It was addressed to Alice. I flipped the envelop over to see who the sender was. The blood underneath my skin boiled at the mere sight of the name. I ripped the letter open to read whatever he had to say. A sudden click of the lock startled me and I swiftly stuffed the letter in my pocket.

“Ow, Jiyongie? You’re home. I was about to take out the trash.” Exclaimed the housekeeper.

“Ne Ahjumma.” I bowed slightly before letting myself in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BREAKING NEWS

G-DRAGON SPOTTED MAKING OUT WITH MYSTERY BRUNETTE IN PARIS. A PARIS RENDEZVOUS?

Paris: After wrapping up the European lag of his second world tour, Korean superstar G-Dragon was spotted partying and hitting up exclusive clubs here in Paris. A video and a thread of photos has surfaced of the superstar cosying up to a mystery brunette. The night heated up as the two were spotted making out and getting all handsy with each other. The video captures the man said to be G-Dragon cuddling with a mystery woman, who is sitting on his lap. He constantly grabs her wrist and even pulls her closer to him. No further details on the identity of the mystery woman has been obtained. This has stirred up speculations regarding his marriage to chef Alice Park. The singer’s label, YG Entertainment also responded, stating, “We haven’t been able to confirm with G-Dragon himself. As he is currently taking time off after wrapping his tour. The label does not take any part in their own personal time off, so we don’t know if G-Dragon went to Paris. He is also happily married and it is not true that there is conflict in his marriage to Alice Park. The label has also urged the public to not make nonsense speculation regarding the matter.”

G-Dragon and Alice Park has been married for 10 years. The couple has a daughter together.

More details to come. Stay tuned.

 

 

 

 

ALICE PARK FILES FOR DIVORCE

Seoul: Following the recent scandal in Paris, insiders close to the couple have reported that Michelin star chef, Alice Park has filed for divorce from singer/songwriter husband G-Dragon (Kwon Jiyong). The couple has been married for 10 years and has a 15-year-old daughter together. Reasons for the divorce is undisclosed and netizens have been speculating that G-Dragon’s Paris Rendezvous as the main cause of the spilt. Both parties have yet to make a statement on the current divorce allegations. The singer’s label YG Entertainment has previously denied claims that the video going around the web was G-Dragon and has also stayed silent on the matter.

Stay tuned for developing news.

 

IDENTITY OF G-DRAGON’S MYSTERY BRUNETTE UNVEILED

Seoul: Korean superstar G-Dragon has found himself in a whirlwind of scandal following a video of the superstar making out with a mystery brunette. The identity of the mystery woman has been revealed to be G-Dragon’s 21-year-old stylist, Kim Soo Jin. Insider reports have claimed that the two has been dating inconsistently for the past 2 years. His on again off again relationship with Miss Kim was said to be the strain in his marriage to Michelin star chef Alice Park. Sources close to the couple revealed that Miss Park was aware of G-Dragon’s infidelity but continued to forgive him for the sake of their daughter. New photos of the two holding hands in Monte Carlo last year has surfaced and has been circulating the web. G-Dragon’s label, YG Entertainment has released a statement stating “We would like the media and public to give the family space and privacy as it is a difficult time for all parties involved. G-Dragon has personally requested that the media and public to not get involved with his family matter as he is doing his best for their 15-year-old daughter.”

 

BREAKING NEWS

G-DRAGON’S MISTRESS IS PREGNANT

Following the whirlwind drama of the split between Michelin star chef Alice Park and singer/songwriter G-Dragon, netizens have been speculating that the main reason for the divorce is the pregnancy of G-Dragon’s mistress Kim Soo Jin. Claims have been pouring in after she was spotted leaving her house for the first time after the scandal broke out. She was spotted wearing a black hooded sweater to hide what appears to be a baby bump. It is speculated that she might be 4 months pregnant. The singer’s label have yet to comment on the matter.

Stay tuned for more updates.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JIYONG

“Alice please. I can explain.” I shouted as I got on both my knees. I held onto her arms, begging so she would turn around to look at me. The bouquet of bright yellow sunflowers on the kitchen counter remained untouched. She yanked her arm from my grip.

“We can work this out baby please.” I pleaded once more.

“I’m tired of listening to your excuses Jiyong. This is it. I’m done. I’m tired of trying to fix us. I’m tired of being the only one who cares enough to even fix us.” She answered softly as she stared out the window, avoiding even the slightest eye contact with me. I could see tears streaming down her face. I got up to my feet and moved to face her. I held onto her cold hands whilst she glanced away to stare at the floor underneath our feet. Tears continued to pour down her façade.

“I’m sorry. I was wrong. I realize that now. You and Lily are what matters more. It happened on a whim and she was throwing herself at me. I just wasn’t in my right state of mind. I’m sorry. What else do you want me to do? What do you want me to say to show how sorry I am? What can I do to make you stay, please?” I kept on begging and begging. This was the first in the many fights we had because of my unfaithfulness that she has asked for a break up. This was her last straw and I might have used up all the trust and faith she had in me.

“It wouldn’t have happened if it was a one-sided thing Jiyong. You were off enjoying yourself, sleeping with other girls while I waited faithfully for you to come home. While Lily was here missing you every day, did you even think of her? We are in our 30s Jiyong, we’re not children. We have to be able to make good choices by now. How it would feel for a teenager to find out from the news for goodness sake that her father was off kissing other girls, off getting girls merely a few years older than his own teenage daughter pregnant? You are disgusting Jiyong.”

“It’s not true! That’s media play. She’s not pregnant. I would never. I never slept with her. It was just a kiss. I was intoxicated.” I exasperated in frustration. I could feel the heat escape my face as I thought of the awful things the tabloids have written about me. All those baseless speculations that my own daughter have been reading and believing. I have failed to shield her from all the terrible media surrounding our family but it was too late for regrets, the damage was done.

“Just a kiss Jiyong? It was just a kiss? Just a kiss that happened again and again? Are you ing serious right now? Does it not make you feel guilty even in the slightest of ways? I forgave you time and time again because I believe you can change for the better. I kept my vow to you. Standing by your side in times when the whole world was against you. Everybody said you’re doing drugs but I believed in you when you said you weren’t. But this?” she screamed. I ran my fingers through my hair as I heaved a heavy sigh. I ran out of things to say. I realized that the mess happening was all because of me. I was to blame. My marriage had fallen apart. My daughter refused to talk to me, she doesn’t even want to see me. My parents were frustrated in me. My sister was angry at me. I bit my lips anxiously as the room fell silent when the shouting and screaming finally stopped. I studied Alice who was fiddling with her fingers, still staring emptily at the floor, loss in thought.

“Alice.” I began nervously. I reached over and held both her hands. Her fingers were cold and gently I squeezed them in mine. I smiled awkwardly before continuing what I had to say.

“Can we start over? I promise I’ll try to be a better husband, a better father. Cross my heart. Can you love me like you used to?” I asked. My voice croaked as my heart drummed harder on the inside. Pounding hard against my chest. In a very calculated manner, she pulled her hands out of mine and a sombre expression was painted across her face. Slowly tears began flowing down her face once again. Carefully, I caught her tears and wiped them with my thumb. She looked at me, stared deeply into my eyes before heaving a sigh.

“How many more promises can you make only to break them at the end of the day? How many more forgiveness can I give every time you get caught with another different girl. How many more compromises can we make just to make this work? I’m tired of being the only one who’s trying to make this marriage work. Jiyong, all these times I thought I loved you but I’ve come to realize that I was merely compensating. I only learned to love you for my child.”

“I was stupid and pathetic thinking that I could sneak around without getting caught. And all this mess is my fault, I’ll admit that but just.” I croaked. I pursed my lips to hold back my tears that were fighting hard to escape my eyes.

“Jiyong I know what you are going to say.” She interrupted before I could finish my sentence.

“Then let me say it. I’ve been so selfish. I neglected you when you needed me. I was never there for you.”

“Jiyongie.” She said softly as she cupped my face in her hands. She shook her head denying the things I just said. I could no longer hold back my tears. I was a wreck as my manly tears flowed uncontrollably down my face.

“I’ve been selfish too because there was a time when I honestly cared for you wholeheartedly, and I know you loved me too that I forgave you repeatedly, never doubt that but I can’t live like this anymore. I’m disheartened by your actions. I cannot find it in myself to forgive you this time. It’s over. Thank you for those memorable 10 years Kwon Jiyong.” She stepped forward, closer and pecked one gentle kiss on my lips. Tears stained both our faces. My body felt numb. All the emotions drained out of me but my heart hurt tremendously. It was our goodbye kiss. Our last kiss.

“I’m so sorry, Alice.” I muttered under my breath.

She was done trying, she was finally giving up on us. She pushed the pen and paper towards me. I stared at the dreaded dotted lines for some time and I could feel the heavy weight of my heart. With every strike of my pen, I could hear my heart breaking into a million pieces.

 

 

 

G-DRAGON AND ALICE PARK: DIVORCE FINALISED

The high-profile divorce and custody drama between Korean pop sensation G-Dragon (Kwon Jiyong) and Michelin star chef Alice Park has finally been finalised by the Seoul High Court. The details of the divorce included the custody of their 15-year-old daughter, Kwon So Hyun which has been fully granted to the mother, Alice Park while an undisclosed amount for child support is to be paid by father Kwon Jiyong until the child reaches the age of 20. Insiders close to the family reported that Miss Kwon So Hyun fiercely refused a joint custody. The teenager has been openly sharing her thoughts on her SNS account stating that she pledge to not see G-Dragon ever again after hurting her and causing her mother so much heartache.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JIYONG

Days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months and seasons changed. Days and weeks go by so slowly. I keep asking myself, are we strangers yet? You wanted to stay friends, but I had to cut you out of my life, even though it pained me to do so, even though you’re the only person I ever truly wanted. But you ended us because of my mistakes. You ended the most magical time of my life.

I know everything about you. I know every ing inch of your body. I know your strengths and weaknesses, your sense of humour, your favourite movies, your dreams and goals and the way you love those sappy dramas and ordering takeaway in bed.

I wander through the abandoned streets of nostalgia every night, while you’re peacefully asleep. Do you remember how we laughed the night before you asked me to let you go? How we had amazing and got lost in each other’s eyes? I remember every little detail about you. Those little dimples on your back at the bottom of your spine. The way the bridge of your nose crinkles when you sneeze or how your face cringes every time you try to solve those Saturday morning crossword puzzles on the newspaper that anyone else hardly picks up. How you told me about your deepest feelings and your insecurities. How you used to hug me tight when we watched horror movies together on a Friday evening. How your mouth sometimes made a little twirl when you spoke. How you used to make dinner and I did the dishes. How you surprised me with random stuff you knew I’d love. The first time you told me you loved me, and the whole world was spinning around me. How you loved all my different ways of laughing. How we held hands while exploring the city and trying our best to stay incognito so the paparazzi won’t catch us. The first and last time we went to our special place for soju and ramen. I remember warm summer nights, barbeques with friends, cigarettes on your terrace. Talking all night about everything and about nothing. The way we just connected. The way I was comfortable with being completely around you. How you came home after going out with friends, happily drunk, always telling me how lovely it was to see me. How I was so proud of you when you started your new restaurants. My pride swelled whenever I heard the staffs saying how nice it was for me to have a chef for a wife. How you and Lily waited for me backstage with proud faces on when I finished my first ever world tour. You were always my number one supporter. You kept me sane and calm when the whole world was against me. Most of all, what made my knees weak and my heart pound extra hard was the way you treated others. You have a big heart. How everyone loved you. And how I was the one you loved. Even just for a little while.

I can’t stand the thought of you being a stranger. You know me too well. I foolishly believed that we were meant to be forever just because our hands fit together so well. I believed you with all my heart when you told me you would never leave me. Because I would never, ever, leave you but I realize my mistake, time consumed me, my pride got the best of me, I didn’t appreciate you the way I should have and I neglected you. You were lonely without me, probably even lonelier than I am now without you. I was foolish to think that because our relationship had reached such comfort that I didn’t need to work hard for it. But I realize too late that a marriage is not only about falling in love with that person, it is about staying in love with that person and that it is like a garden. It needs to be watered, weeded and cared for with tender love and care.

One day I might be able to cherish all the memories we shared because right now it hurts too much just thinking about you. I wish I could just put them away in the box with all the stuff you gave me. Then after a few years, I’d look back and realize how thankful I am. You really taught me how to love – not only you, but more importantly, myself. You may not know how sorry I am for hurting you, me and my ego. I never meant to treat you that way. As I told you the last night, you’re the best person I’ve ever met. I’m a better person because of you.

Alice, I hope you know that I miss you. I think you miss me too, but in a different way. You didn’t wish me a happy birthday, but I know the bright sunshine on my face was a kind greeting from you. I hope that we’ll meet again when it no longer hurts.