My dreams are coming true

My bestfriend's girl

 

 

Seunghyun got off the train and ran with all his might. He was excited and the adrenaline was pumping through him hysterically. He burst through the double doors of the café in haste. A huge grin was plastered on his handsome face.

“Alice! Alice! Alice! Guess what? Guess what?” he eagerly asked as he hopped like a bunny in front of Alice who was at the moment busy buzzing tables. He was holding out what was a torn piece of envelope and was handing it to her. It was then that he noticed something was off about her.

“Hey have you been crying?” he asked as he touched her cheeks.

“I got something in my eyes. It’s really nothing. So let me see that.” She snatched the letter from him before he could ask further. Alice read through the letter, one line at a time. Seunghyun couldn’t stop smiling as he watches her read, a silly grin across his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dear Mr Choi,

It is with great honour to inform that you have been accepted out of 110 000 applicants all over the world by New York University as a student of the Fine Arts and Art History under the Faculty of Art and Designs with a full international student scholarship. Our four-year programme allows you the time and space to experiment, to fully develop ambitious ideas, to deepen your knowledge of art history and contemporary art. In the event of acceptance to this offer, you are to present yourself at the faculty office at the start of the fall term. We are looking forward for you to join our NYU community and prestige line of alumni.

 

Thank you,

 

The Dean of admission,

New York University.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“OH MY GOD! I’m so happy for you! Congratulations!” She shrieked in happiness as she pulled Seunghyun in a tight hug.

“It is so crazy right? So have you heard from the Culinary Institute yet?”

Alice shook her head sombre, wiping off the smile she had a moment ago.

“Oh it’s ok. I’m sure you got in. Give it another two weeks.” He punched her lightly in the arms. Alice smiled slightly. Her heart was heavy. Tears began flooding her eyes once again.

“Hey, what’s wrong? Just tell me.” He took her hands into his and pulled her out of the café. By now she couldn’t stop crying. Seunghyun cupped her face in his hands and wiped her tears with his thumbs.

“Come on Alice. This is not nothing. You can tell me. I’m here listening.”

“No I’m serious. It’s nothing. It’s just mood swings you know. So when will you leave for New York?” she smiled forcefully at him.

Seunghyun sighed heavily, still not convinced on how her nothing was really nothing. He his dried lips as he studied her face.

“I’m leaving in three days. My parents wanted to go sightseeing before I register. It also gives me time to get settled in.”

She nodded understandingly.

“That’s really nice. They must be really proud of you. What about Bom? Have you told her?”

“Well, proud? I don’t know. She’ll be fine. Did you know she has this funny face during , it’s.”

“Urgh enough too much info. Don’t you care what she thinks with you going off like this?”

“What is this? Why are you caring about Bom? This is something.” He asked in shock.

“It’s nothing. I just. Forget about it.” Alice diverted as she fought the urge to throw up her breakfast. She tried her best to pull off a sincere smile despite the burden she was feeling inside.

“Okay. Anyway, I’ll find us a really good apartment that’s in between our schools. I’ll even find a really good view for you. Arasso? So don’t cry anymore. Come on, be happy. We’re on our way to New York!” He ruffled her head caringly. Again, a weak smile cracked on her solemn face.

“I am happy. It’s just that I have a lot of things I need to sort out.”

“Of course. And I’ll even pick you up at the airport myself. So be there.”

“I’ll be there. I promise.”

He held out his pinky finger to which she reluctantly accepted. She couldn’t contain herself anymore and suddenly she vomited next to Seunghyun’s feet. All her breakfast was now next to where he was standing.

“You’re sick? Why are you even working? Do you want to see a doctor?”

“No, no. I’m fine. I had a big breakfast.”

“Are you sure? You look pale. I can take you to the doctor if you want to.”

“No, serious I’m fine. Give it a rest, will you?” She said angrily as she ran to the nearest dustbin to throw up some more.

He ran up to her and held her hair back. His face was worried stricken. Gently he patted her back, to ease her vomiting. When she was done Seunghyun touched her forehead to make sure she was not having a fever. He pushed the strands of hair back and he wiped the sweat that came down her forehead. He took out his handkerchief and wiped the stains on the side of . He kept silent as once again he studied her pale face.

“That’s it. You really need to see a doctor. Come on.” He said as he tugged at her hands to follow him.

“I did and I have medicine. I’m going to be ok.” She yanked her hands from him with force.

Seunghyun studied her with a troubled face before he heaved a heavy sigh.

“Don’t you have some sort of New York preparing to do?” she said with a sadistic tone.

“Alright, if you say so. By the way, I have to go pick up my visa at the government office. Don’t forget to book your flight soon. And take your medicine. See you.” He said as he handed her his handkerchief and pinched Alice’s cheek before making his way back to the subway.