Cheers to the happiest day of my life

My bestfriend's girl

 

She was staring blankly at the crowd in front of her. Everyone was having a good time. From where she was sitting she could clearly see Seunghyun dancing aggressively his usual bingu dance. Seunghyun looked really good tonight, she thought to herself. He wore a black satin Tom Ford tuxedo that paired brilliantly with his well-polished Louis Vuitton that shimmered brightly every time the light hits them. She watched as Seungri waltz his way around the dance floor, flirting with almost all the girls that came for the party. He had a drink in hand and a cheeky smile on his face. Seungri was whispering into the left ear of a girl wearing a black bodycon mini dress. She must be one of the bride’s model friends, Alice thought to herself. She had a mischievous snigger on her façade as Seungri continued to whisper to her. Youngbae on the other hand was occupied talking to Dara and Chaerin at the far corner of the reception hall. They too seemed to be enjoying themselves as they chuckled and laughed while a waiter was pouring another round of drinks into their glasses. This is the best part about weddings, old friends reconnecting and meeting new people. She smiled at one of the guest who passed by the main table where she sat with the company of a good champagne in hand.

 

What am I going to say? I should start at the beginning of course. How we met? No, this is not my story, its Seunghyun’s story. About how successful he is in life? Everybody knows that. What to say? Think Alice think. About his weird dreams? No that will be our little secret. This is too important to mess up. You can’t disappoint Seunghyun. Tell them this must be one of the happiest days of your life.

She was lost in her thoughts when suddenly someone tapped her shoulders softly. Her train of thoughts were derailed.

“Noona, it’s time for your speech.” Daesung said as he handed her the microphone. She stared blankly at Daesung, taking the microphone from him with shaking hands.

“Oh right, Thanks Dae.”

She stood up and straightens her dress. She was wearing a beautiful blush belted chiffon halter dress with a sparkling ribbon belt full of rhinestones. The ruched neckline and skirt gave off a romantic vibe to the sleeveless dress. She could feel her heart in the pit of her stomach and something inside her was hurting. The music died down and everyone at the dance floor went back to their seats. With trembling hands Alice hit a spoon to her champagne glass, trying to catch everybody’s attention.

Deep breathes Alice, you can do this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I love you Choi Seunghyun…