Ch. 6

Flutter
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

The ‘girls night out’ was just as wild as you expected from Jieun.

It started off civil enough with dinner in a gorgeous restaurant, but two hours later you were in a private room in a club trying to make sure Jieun doesn’t fall down from the table, where she was dancing barefoot with a bottle of wine in her hand.

Half an hour later she was sitting next to you again, crying that she misses Minseok, and you took that as your cue to call it a night.

You were a quite drunk yourself and so were all the other girls really, but thankfully there were taxis already arranged, so you were safely tucked away and taken back to the hotel.

You volunteered to take Jieun back to her room, which was inevitably your responsibility anyway as she refused to let go of you.

To your relief you found out that the boys had managed to get back just before you. Minseok opened the door to their suite before you had even managed to knock, you could probably blame it on Jieun’s loud cries of his name as you got off the lift.

As soon as Jieun saw him she threw herself at him and you quickly left the man to fend for himself with his soon-to-be-bride hanging off his neck.

You chuckled happily at how cute they were together, as you stumbled back to the other end of the corridor.

When you walked in, the room was dark, Sehun nowhere in sight. You kicked off your heels and unconsciously pouted a little. You decided to make yourself some tea to sober you up a bit - you hated going to bed when you were still dizzy from alcohol.

While you waited for the kettle to boil, you carefully prepared your cup and the tea. When you heard the familiar click of the water being done, you went to pour it, but when you tipped the kettle boiling water spilled all over your hand holding the mug, making you yelp in pain. You dropped the kettle on the counter, hissing in pain as you held your hurting hand.

You were about to step towards the sink to get some cold water on it when you heard loud footsteps behind you. You felt someone’s hand grab your shoulder and turn you around.

Suddenly you were face to face with a very worried looking Sehun. His eyebrows were scrunched, both his hands on your shoulders keeping you in place as his eyes scanned you over in the darkness.

“Are you okay? What happened?” He asked quickly, his words almost blending together.

“I just wanted some tea,” you started hesitantly. He looked upset, you didn’t like it.

Sehun nodded, looking down at your, now quite red, hand.

“It’s okay,” he spoke quietly. “Okay, come on.” He continued, as if reassuring himself more than you.

Sehun suddenly wrapped his arms around your waist and lifted you, sitting you on the counter next to the sink. He quickly the cold water and unfolded one of the unused kitchen towels before soaking it in the freezing water under the tap.

You finally took in his look and your breath hitched for a moment. He was clearly in the middle of changing when he had run over to your help. The sleeves of his shirt were rolled up to his elbows revealing the taut muscles underneath, half of his buttons were undone and you could see most of his sculpted chest. Even the belt on his trousers was hanging loosely on the sides of his hips.

You watched him quietly, as he folded the dripping towel and carefully placed it over the redness on your hand. He wiped the spot a few times, the towel feeling rough against the tender skin. You must’ve winced, because Sehun mumbled a quiet ‘sorry’ as he turned the tap on again.

“Keep your hand under the running water, I’ll just grab the first aid quickly,” he mumbled before walking away. You just sat there awkwardly on the counter, one hand under the running water, waiting for him. Your hazy mind wandering back to the glimpses of his muscled chest.

Sehun was back almost immediately, a little box in his hands. He placed it next to you before turning off the running water and taking your hand in his. Your hand was still stinging a little, the more sensitive skin between your fingers hurting a bit more than the rest.

Sehun looked at your hand closely, you could almost feel his breath on your skin.

“I think you just need some cooling gel. It doesn’t look too serious,” he mumbled as he turned to open the first aid box. You nodded numbly, just watching everything he was doing.

He continued to hold your hand and you could feel all the little callouses and all the warmth from it. You looked at how much bigger his hand was than yours and you smiled under your nose.

“Don’t be a creep,” Sehun chastised as he saw you smiling by yourself, but you could tell the corners of his mouth were curling.

Sehun delicately applied the gel and you sighed happily at the pain relief. When he was done, he squeezed your wrist lightly before slowly letting go. You waved your hand around a bit, the air creating an even more cooling effect.

Meanwhile, Sehun looked at the kettle, picking it up and pouring it

Please log in to read the full chapter