Ch. 4

Flutter
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

“I’ve arranged for you to be seated together on our table and you’ll be sharing a room and everything, just make sure you’re both happy together and look cute, but I’m sure you already have that covered anyway! Did you get a nice dress? I bet you did, Sehun has a good eye for those things. Do you know he helped me pick my graduation dress? You remember how good I looked in that one!”

You always said that Jieun could become a commentator of some sort, the amount of words she could spew in a minute was insane. Her mind kept jumping from one thing to another so quickly that you could barely keep up. You did, however, pick up a few important details.

“Wait, wait, wait, you’re saying we have to share a room?” You sputtered into the phone.

“Of course! You’re coming as a couple and we’ll be there for two nights! It’d be silly not to, Minseok and I can’t wait to see you!” She chirped excitedly.

“Oh my god,” you whispered.

“I’m sure you two are already getting along great! He’s lovely, isn’t he? Minseok has been saying since forever that you two will get along really well.”

“Yeah, he’s truly amazing,” you drawled. You hadn’t spoken to Sehun at all and you were going to the wedding tomorrow, panic was now slowly rising in you.

“I knew it, I have to go now, but I’ll see you tomorrow! Bye, darling!” Jieun hung up with a happy giggle, still completely oblivious to your distress.

In her quest to make everything better, she had probably made everything ten times worse.

You sighed, flopping on your couch. You were going to have to get through this. You weren’t even sure if you cared about Minho and his new girlfriend anymore, all you could think about was how awkward you and Sehun were. Maybe you would be better of going on your own?

Suddenly your phone buzzed with a new text.

           ‘I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 7?’

You your back, reading the text a few times. What was a cool way to respond to such a dry text? You groaned, giving up after typing a few different texts. In the end you opted for something as straightforward as his.

‘Sure, see you then.’

You threw your phone to the side and decided it was time to pack and sleep, you had a long day ahead of you tomorrow.

~

It was already 7am and, to your utter dismay Sehun was on time - waiting for you outside. Meanwhile, you were running back and forth trying to make yourself look presentable. The stress took the best of you the night before and you fell asleep around 4am and not around 11pm as you had initially hoped.

You quickly gathered your hair in a messy bun and threw on the first clothes you could grab. You had to go without makeup so instead you just put on the biggest sunglasses you owned.

At least you had packed already. You ran downstairs quickly to see Sehun waiting for you, leaning on a black Audi right in front of the building.

He was wearing a pair of grey slacks and a white shirt, his sunglasses perched low on his nose as he sat there with his hands in his pockets. You inwardly groaned, how could someone look that good so early in the morning. He definitely wasn’t human.

You gritted your teeth - even from a distance you could tell he was smirking.

“I’m sorry, I overslept.” You said as soon as you were close enough for him to hear you.

“I can tell,” he replied, smirk still on his face. “We still have plenty of time, get in.”

And with that he pushed himself off the car and took your suitcase from you. He walked around and put it in the boot as you slid into the passenger’s seat. Soon you were joined by Sehun again, who took his place next to you.

“Are you all buckled up, sweetheart?” He asked, leaning over you to double check.

“Yeah, let’s go.” You mumbled, inching away from him.

Please log in to read the full chapter