Scared (Ncentric)

Drabbles of VIXX

"Are you scared of Hakyeon-hyung? "

Sungjae's question is unexpected and it took Hyuk by surprise, making him stare at his best friend in confusion. 

They are sharing the same waiting room for today so both VIXX and BTOB members are catching up with each others but the BTOB's maknae question is truly out of topic, which explains why Hyuk is currently staring at him like he has grown a second head.

"What makes you ask that? "Hyuk wonders when Sungjae stares back at him, patiently waiting for an answer. 

Sungjae shrugs. "You treat Hakyeon-hyung differently from Taekwoon-hyung eventhough they're the same age. "He states matter of factly. "I mean, you treat Taekwoon-hyung like he's equal to you. You bully him and and joke around with him--"

"I tease and joke around with Hakyeon-hyung too so I don't see your point. "Hyuk tries to wave off Sungjae's question but the latter is being persistent. 

"You know what I mean! "Sungjae bursts. "You respect Hakyeon-hyung more than Taekwoon-hyung and you treat them differently in some ways. Everyone can see that. "He urges and Hyuk scoffs, rolling his eyes. 

"Yeah, I treat them differently but I respect both of them. "He admits. "Why does it matter to you anyway? "He wonders. 

Sungjae's face seem to brighten at Hyuk's confession. "Then are you scared of Hakyeon-hyung? "he repeats his initial question. 

"Do I look like I'm scared of him? "Hyuk retaliates and Sungjae nods eagerly. "Then yes, I am. "He admits; making Sungjae frown.

"But why? "He asks. "I get that he's older than you and all that but he's nice and kind and sweet. Like an angel while you're basically a monster. Why would you be scared of him? "He asks nonchalantly.

"Are you seriously calling me a monster? Do you want this monster to strangle you to death? "Hyuk threatens, reaching out to grab Sungjae's neck and Sungjae pushes him away, laughing.

"You get my point. "He says. "So why? "

Hyuk huffs, glancing at N who's talking to Minhyuk at the other side of the room. "Well, imagine that angel turning into a demon that will drag you to the pit of hell and devour you. Will you be scared then? "He asks. 

Sungjae turn his head to look at N as well. "That's ridiculous. "He says. "How can someone as nice as him turn into something awful like a demon? "He asks in disbelief and Hyuk smirks. 

"Why don't you try for yourself? See if I made the right comparison. "He says, offering Sungjae a half empty water bottle that Sungjae takes with a confused expression. 

"What am I supposed to do with this? "He asks.

"Throw it at him. "Hyuk orders simply and Sungjae widen his eyes. 

"How can I? He'll be mad. "

"Do it then you'll see if I was saying the truth . "Hyuk insists and it's enough to tempt Sungjae. He have no reason to mess with N but he really wants to know if Hyuk is telling the truth about how scary his leader is. 

Taking a deep breath, Sungjae looks around to make sure that no one is watching him before raising his hand and throwing the water bottle at N, hitting him square on his head. 

N yelps, groaning in pain. "Hyuk! "N scolds, picking up the water bottle and turning towards the direction it came from only to see Hyuk and Sungjae sitting closely to each other. 

Hyuk raises his hand and makes an innocent face. "It wasn't me! I swear! "He says, secretly winking at Sungjae and N turn towards Sungjae. "Was it you? "He asks in a dangerously calm tone and Sungjae grins sheepishly. 

"Sorry? "He says and N growls, throwing the water bottle away before resuming his conversation with Minhyuk. 

"That's scary. "Sungjae admits. "But not scary enough to be considered like a demon. "He says and Hyuk scoffs. 

"That's literally nothing. "He says, picking up another water bottle, full this time and promptly throwing it at N again, hitting the same spot as before. 

N doesn't make any sound this time. He just pick the water bottle up and turn towards his maknae. "I saw you, Hyuk. "He says quietly. "You better stop whatever game you're playing before I get there. "He warns, glaring at him and Hyuk chuckles but still obediently nods. 

"Yes, hyung. "He says and once N turn away, he picks up another bottle and hands it to Sungjae. "Three time's a charm, right? "He reminds and eventhough he isn't sure whether he should be doing this, Sungjae nods and throws the bottle. 

This time, the response is immediate . N shot up from his chair and stares at the two maknaes through narrowed eyes then he laughs. No, not the carefree laugh but the villain kind of laugh. "Does you two seriously want me to go there? "He asks and Sungjae, who doesn't understand what he meant, questions him. 

"What are you going to do if you go here, hyung? "He asks due to pure curiosity and N's face darken as he grins. "Oh? You want to know Sungjae? "He wonders, taking a step forward but before he could go any further, Minhyuk and Ken scrambles towards him and pulls him back. 

"Please don't kill my maknae, Hakyeon. "Eunkwang pleads as he stands up as well and walks over to Sungjae before smacking his head. "Apologise if you want to live through the night. "He orders sternly and although at first Sungjae is confused as to why everyone seems so scared, when he finally looks up at N, he immediately understands. 

At that moment, N's face doesn't show the usual kindness and courtesy that everyone is used to. Instead, on the VIXX's leader's face is something similar to what one would expect to see on a murderer's face, wrath and hatred. 

Sungjae doesn't know what came over him but he instinctively kneels down. "I'm sorry, Hakyeon-hyung! "He apologises earnestly and it takes a few seconds but the fearful look on N's face finally disappears as he pulls himself away from Minhyuk and Ken, walking over towards the mirror to inspect the bump now forming on his head, muttering something about maknaes and stupid games. 

"Okay. That was scary. "Sungjae admits when no one is paying attention to them anymore . He really hates to admit that but judging by how he's slightly trembling at the moment, he knows there's no use denying it. 

"That's not even close to the demon I talked about. "Hyuk says, somewhat disappointed eventhough he does seem shaken as well. 

Leo, who's silently watching the two of them since the beginning and eavesdropping in their conversation, walks over to them and whispers to Sungjae. "Sungjae-ah, if you want to see Hakyeon turning into a demon, you don't hurt him. You hurt one of us. Then I assure you that you'll have a demon Hakyeon chasing you to your grave. "He suggests, smiling sweetly at him. "Do you think you'll dare to try that? "He asks and Sungjae gulps, shaking his head nervously. 

"I'll make sure not to hurt any of you. "He promises and Leo chuckles. 

"Oh? Too bad. I was just about to ask you to beat Hyuk up. "He says, slapping Hyuk on the back a bit too hard. 

"That hurts! What was that for? ! "Hyuk demands angrily and Leo glares at him in return. 

"You wait until we get home and I'll give you a lot worse than that for hurting Hakyeon."He says before casually walking away like nothing happened. 

Hyuk scoffs. "Well, that's another reason why you should be scared of Hakyeon-hyung. "He says . "He's got Taekwoon-hyung to fight for him. And Jaehwan-hyung... and Wonshik-hyung... and Hongbin-hyung and me too,I suppose. "He shrugs.

"We might be scared of him sometimes but if you mess with him, you should be scared of us, too. We may not chase you to your grave but we'll chase you  until you dig a grave for yourself. "

 

 

A/N Ever wonder how scary Hakyeon actually is?