Changed (N centric)

Drabbles of VIXX

"Hakyeon-hyung has changed. "

Hearing the maknae's sudden words, the rest of the members who were doing their own things in the waiting room snap their head at him in question, including N himself. 

"What do you mean? "Hongbin dares to ask but before Hyuk could explain what he meant, N has grabbed his iPod and plug his earphones into his ears, obviously showing that he refuse to listen to whatever the maknae would say. 

Hyuk ignores N's action and instead, he focuses on saying the thing that he has been keeping to himself for the past few months. "Just look at him! He doesn't care about us anymore. "He exclaims causing Ravi and Hongbin to avert their attention to their leader, who's focusing on the book he's reading while listening to whatever it is that the iPod is playing, not even sparing them a glance. At the same time, Leo just stares at Hyuk with an unreadable expression while Ken never even once look up from the game he's playing on his phone, acting like he's not paying attention to the conversation currently happening. 

"Why would you say that? "Hongbin asks in displeasure. He never says it out loud but he really hates it when anyone, except himself, badmouthes his leader. 

"Why you ask? "Hyuk scoffs loudly. "I'm sure you notice how he's been avoiding us, right? He doesn't want to spend time to even eat together with us anymore and he even choose his other friends compared to us, his own members! The ones he claims as his brothers! "He bursts out angrily and while Leo, Hongbin and Ravi flinch at that, N and Ken remain completely unaffected. 

"You're just over thinking, Hyuk-ah. "Ravi tries to coax. "What's wrong with him spending his time with his friends? I do it all the time too, even more than him yet you never complain about it so why now? "He demands. 

"Because when you do it, you never make us feel outcasted, unneeded! You still prioritise us, you still prioritise VIXX! But with Hakyeon-hyung, when he's with his friends, it's like he forgot who he is, where he came from! He made me feel like I don't even exist, that I'm not important to him! And I know you all feel the same too! I know you all realise that his first priority is no longer us! "

No one says anything after that. They desperately wants to deny it, to believe that none of Hyuk's words are true but deep down inside of themselves, they know Hyuk is right somehow. They realise that Hyuk is just stating the obvious that they refuse to acknowledge. 

N really has stopped prioritising them. More often than not, he would always find an excuse to not be with them if it isn't necessary. It hurts to know that but surely he have a reason for his action right?Hyuk suddenly chuckles. "Look at his hand. "He says. "That ring he said is so important to him, that ring he insisted us to buy as a symbol of our friendship, he doesn't wear it anymore. Doesn't that prove it to you? "He laughs, taking off the only ring he's wearing on his left hand and dropping it to the floor before kicking it away. "I have no reason to wear mine anymore either. "

Hongbin opens his mouth to tell Hyuk that N not wearing his friendship might just be because he forgot but before he gets the chance to say that, N suddenly stands up, catching everyone's attention. 

"Don't mind me. "N says, smiling a smile so fake that even a blind person could tell. "I just need to use the bathroom. "He announces quietly before making heavy steps to exit the room. 

As soon as N left, Ken finally puts down his phone to look up at Hyuk. "He have his reasons. "He tells him and Hyuk scoffs. 

"No reason is good enough to justify his actions. "The maknae insists and Ken shares a look with Leo before sighing heavily. 

"Hakyeon-hyung...he's preparing us for the time when he had to leave. "He informs, earning him suprised look from the rest of them, except Leo who seems to have expected it. 

"Leave where? Don't say that so easily. "Ravi urges in worry, scared by the thought of N leaving them. 

"Perhaps you don't think much about it... "Ken starts, "... but Hakyeon-hyung is getting older and its only a matter of time before he's called for enlisment. "Ken states and it seems to bring relief to the younger members. 

"It's just for two years. You don't have to make it sound so bad. "Hongbin tries to cheer up the situation but Ken just smile bitterly. 

"I know that. But Hakyeon-hyung... I gues 2 years is a long time for him. "He says . 

"2 years is a long time. "N, who returns out of the blue, tells them. "And rather than preparing you for my absence, I'm preparing myself for yours. "He bends down to pick Hyuk's ring which now lay forgotten on the floor before putting it down on the maknae's lap. 

"I can't imagine living even just 2 years without you when I've literally spent half of my living years with you. "

"It's not that I don't prioritise you anymore or that I've changed... I'm just... scared. I'm scared that you'll forget about me when I left. "

"So I guess, I've been... preparing myself for the worst? "