Happier (Chabin)

Drabbles of VIXX

Hongbin is bored. All s have their own schedules that they are attending but he doesn't have one since he rejected all of them thanks to Overwatch and now he regrets it. 

Bored as he is, he found himself surfing the net, where he eventually ended up watching the Celebrity Bromance episodes he filmed with his best friend, Gongchan. He grimaced, cringed and even almost cry at how absurd they were but it was all good in the end. When he finishes watching the episodes where he was in and the episodes where N was in with his actor friend, Wongeun, shows up in his suggestion, he doesn't hesitate to watch it. 

He laughs and scoffs when Wongeun called N innocent because well, he knows his leader better and N is anything but innocent. When Wongeun called N naive however, he found himself nodding along. Yes, N really is naive at times. Which is why he's so easily tricked and messed with. When Wongeun started telling the story of how N came up to him first and coaxed him into opening up, he found himself smiling warmly. His leader is kind like that. N doesn't like to see anyone being left out or outcasted so he always try to include everyone in everything. Just like how he did with Leo and Hyuk long ago. 

However when Wongeun started talking about his plan on tricking N into playing water sports with him, Hongbin frowns. He knows how much N hates doing water sports or any kind of sports and true to his knowledge,when N eventually founded out about his actor friend's plan, he get quite upset. 

Hongbin has learnt to 'read' N after all these years of living together with him and judging by how 'hard' N's face was, he's confident that his leader was upset because he felt betrayed. And among all the things that N hates, being betrayed is number one on the list. When N raised his voice at Wongeun and smacked the table, Hongbin flinches. He's pretty sure that on the scale 1 to 10, N was on the scale 9 of lashing out, which he didn't thankfully probably because he remembered that there are cameras filming. 

Hongbin pities N, for having to put up with his friend's demands and he kind off despise Wongeun a bit for it but at the same time, he's also thankful for him, especially since the actor gave N the chance to have a proper meal, something that he knows his leader hasn't had for quite some time. 

When the banana boat N and Wongeun were riding flipped over and they both fell into the water, Hongbin feels proud as he witness N quickly swimming over to Wongeun's aid, considering the fact that his actor friend can't swim. He knows his leader has quick reaction time but it never fails to amaze him every time N reacts so quickly in an unexpected situation. 

For the rest of the show, Hongbin just smiles warmly, glad that N was able to have his favourite desserts and talked about nonsense like a normal person. He gets to see the Cha Hakyeon side of his leader, the side where he can laughs freely and acts more like a boy than a man. 

When the show finally ends, Hongbin found himself feeling relieved and satiated. Which is until he decides to scroll down to see the comments in which later he knows, is a bad decision. 

"Hakyeon looks happier wigh Wongeun than with his own members. "

"Finally! Someone who treats N the way he deserves it. "

"Wongeun really adores N a lot, unlike s who seems to always like to degrade him. "

"I'm glad Hakyeon is able to leave behind his burden and responsibility for a moment and have fun for once. "

"Thank you, Wongeun. For cherishing and making our Cha leader happy. "

Those comments make Hongbin frown. Why does the fans make it sound like they treat N badly? They treat him nicely, don't they? It's just maybe that their jokes and teasing are sometimes harsh but surely the fans know that they are just joking around, right? 

They can't possibly hurt N for real,right? Or can they? 

Hongbin found himself re watching the episodes only to get disheartened when he realises that the fans are right. Wongeun really did treat N better than any of them ever had and N did look happier with him compared to when he's with them, his own members. 

Perhaps, they really are not good enough for him. 

 

 

All 6 of them are currently in the waiting room, waiting for their turn to get onstage to perform when all of a sudden, there's a knock not door and someone familiar steps in. 

Upon seeing the person, N jumps to his feet and throws his arms around the person. "Wongeunie! You really came! "He says happily, grinning from ear to ear as he finally let go of the hug. 

The person, Wongeun, to be exact, smiles bashfully. "Of course I came. I promised, didn't I? "He says before realising that there are eyes watching him so he quickly turn around and greet the rest of the members and the staffs politely, in which they just smile back before resuming what they were doing. Except for Hongbin of course, who continues to stare at him. "Ah, I bought drinks. "He says, producing a dozen cups of coffees before handing them too N. 

"Aww... thank you. You don't have too. "N coos , taking the coffees from his friend before distributing it to s and staffs, who all expressed their thanks to the actor. N was about to take one for himself too but Wongeun stops him. 

"I have a special one for you. "Wongeun says, taking out a plastic cup filled with pale yellow liquid which manages to make N's eyes widen. 

"Banana milkshake? "He asks and when Wongeun nods, he once again pulls him into a hug. "Thank you! I was craving for this! "He says, gratefully sipping on the drink. "You're the best, you know that right? "He praises and Wongeun blushes. "Lets go and have a chat outside, hmm? "He invites, leading his friend out of the room, oblivious to the 5 pairs of eyes which are now glaring daggers at the innocent actor. 

 

 

When N returns to the waiting room sometimes later, Wongeun is no longer with him but the fond smile is still there on his face. As soon as he sits down, Hongbin couldn't stop himself from asking a sarcastic question. 

"Happy much? "

N looks up at him and blink at the question. "Yeah, I'm happy. What's wrong with that? "He wonders and Hongbin shrugs, trying to act nonchalant. 

"Nothing's wrong. "He says. "It's just weird to see someone being so happy just because his friend visited him and bought him drink. But then again, you're an easy person anyway. Anything can make you happy. "He exclaims without thinking and N seems offended. 

"Why do you like questioning my happiness, Hongbin? Do you think I don't deserve it? Why can't you just be happy to see I'm happy? "He asks quietly and Hongbin bites his lips, realising how harsh his words were. 

When Hongbin finally opens his mouth to answer, to apologise for being insensitive,N stops him from doing so. 

"No, don't answer that, Hongbin. I know you're just going to mock me. "N says, slamming his drink on the table before returning to the book he was reading before Wongeun came, the fond smile that he had earlier has completely disappeared. 

 And that's when Hongbin realises something. He realises that he himself was and is the one who always reap N's happiness away, on purpose or not. 

 

 

A/N Hey guys, I have an important exam in a few days so please wish me luck :)

I'll be back in a month or so ♡♡