Hug 2 (Neo)

Drabbles of VIXX

It is late in the afternoon and Leo, along with Hongbin and Hyuk are at the kitchen of their dorm, enjoying their late lunch when all of a sudden, they hear the sound of the main door being open and then slammed close. They stiffened in surprise but quickly relax when N appears by the doorway of the kitchen, eyes wildly darting around the room, as if he's looking for something. Or someone to be exact. 

"You scared us, hyung! "Hyuk exclaims loudly but N doesn't even look at him as he asks them a question. 

"Where's Jaehwan? "

Leo stops shoving food into his mouth in favour of answering N's question since the leader seems so desperate. "He's not home yet. He have his musical practice until tonight. "He tells him and N sighs in exasperation as he brings his hands up and rubs his face harshly.

"Why don't you eat with us first, hyung? I'm sure Jaehwan-hyung will be back before you know it. "Hongbin offers but N shakes his head and waves him off. 

"Just enjoy your food. "He says before walking off into his own room with weak steps, leaving them to resume their meals. 

"He wants ' the hug ', doesn't he? "Hyuk wonders, watching as N disappears into his room dejectedly. 

"I guess so. "Hongbin says, shrugging . "He must've had a bad day."he guesses. 

Leo frowns. "The hug? What does that mean? "He questions bluntly and both Hongbin and Hyuk stare at him as if he's the stupidest person ever. 

"You don't know ' the hug'? "Hyuk asks in disbelief and Leo slowly shakes his head. 

"You know when Hakyeon-hyung feels upset and then Jaehwan-hyung hugs him and then he gets all better? Well that's 'the hug'. "Hongbin explains and this time, Leo nods. 

He knows about the hugs Ken give to N when the leader feels upset but he never knew that the rest of the members know it as well nor did he knew that it is a 'thing'. 

"Have you ever... give the hug to him? "Leo wonders quietly and both Hyuk and Hongbin suddenly shift nervously. 

"Well... I had. Once. "Hyuk admits shyly. "That time we were the only ones at home and he just looked so depressed and worn out that even I felt bad so I just did, I guess. "He says. 

"And? Did he felt better afterwards? "Leo demands and Hyuk shrugs. "Maybe. But after I hug him he didn't look as relieved as how he would when Jaehwan-hyung did. "Hyuk says with a pout. "Maybe I'm not a great hugger. "

"I had too. A few times, in fact. "Hongbin admits, looking at anything but Leo's face as if he's embarrassed. "But I guess I'm not a great hugger either because he never let me hug him for long, just a few minutes at most then he would let go and thank me. "

Leo timidly nods, realising that even his dongsaengs has gone way further than him in understanding N. 

"You've never give Hakyeon-hyung the hug? "Hongbin asks.

"No, I haven't. "Leo admits . "Should I? "He wonders only to receive an 'encouraging' slap on his back by Hyuk. 

"Of course you should! Who knows maybe you can beat Jaehwan-hyung's hug? So far no one can do it, though. "Hyuk says enthusiastically. 

Leo grits his teeth in determination. "I'll beat Jaehwan's hug. "

 

 

When Leo enters N's room later, he was expecting to see N on the bed but no, the leader isn't there. Instead, N is sitting on the floor,his knees brought up to his chest and his face buried as he rocks himself back and forth. 

"Hakyeon? "Leo calls out gently as he approaches him but N doesn't even look up at him so he continues to come closer before finally sitting down on the floor as well, right next to him and only then does he realise that N is muttering soothing words to himself under his breath and Leo could hear his heart sinking at that. 

So, not wanting to waste another second, Leo opens his arms and pulls N's smaller form into a tight embrace. N stiffens at the sudden contact yet Leo just tightens his hug. 

"You'll be okay. "He whispers, not really knowing what he should say but he figures that he said the right thing when N finally relaxes and just seems to melt against him. 

Smiling softly, Leo brings his hand up and rests it over N's head and just then, N releases a heavy sigh which feels like it weights the world . It makes him realise how much of a burden N carries with him and while it makes him feel bad, he knows it shows just how responsible and reliable N really is. 

They stay like that for a long time that Leo could feel his legs and arms going numb but he makes no move to actually let go of the hug, too busy savoring the moment. Sure, he can just hug N anytime he wants and N won't refuse him but it isn't everyday that he gets to see N so vulnerable, so dependent on others. 

The leader always put on a strong facade that most of the time Leo forgets that they are of the same age and the worries that he have, N have it too. Only ten times worse. 

Leo is too lost in his own emotional thoughts that when N slowly pushes him away, he looks down at him in surprise. 

"Thank you. "N says shyly as he scoots back to put some distance between them. 

"Do you feel better now? "Leo asks but regrets it immediately when he remembers what Ken told him. No question. No teasing. No acting like you hate it. 

N nods and Leo sighs in relief. 

They sit in silence after that. Leo doesn't want to leave and N doesn't tell him to so he just stay where he is, watching as N stares off at nothing in particular, seemingly deep in thought. The silence is quite awkward to be honest, but Leo doesn't want to leave N alone so he endures it. 

It isn't that long after when they finally hear Ken's voice from outside the room and Leo doesn't miss the way N's face brightens at the voice. 

"So... Jaehwan's hug is still better than mine? "Leo really couldn't help but to ask, jealousy eating him from the inside . 

N blinks at him. "... yeah... "He admits and when Leo's face fall, he feels bad so he tries to explain. "Your hug is nice too but Jaehwan have so much positivity in him that when he hugs me, it's like he's sharing those positivity with me too. "He says."You have a lot of positivity too but you worries a lot and you have loads of doubts and anger and frustration in you that it makes your negative vibes stronger than your positive ones so... yeah. I think you understand, right? "

Leo smiles bitterly and nod. "Yes, I understand. "He says and right at the moment, the door of N's room is thrown open and Ken walks in. 

"Jaehwanie! "N seems to squeal at the presence of his long awaited dongsaeng and he quickly jumps to his feet before basically throwing himself at Ken, who's slightly thrown off balance but still manages to safely catch the leader anyway. 

Ken's eyes meet Leo's and Leo gives him a little nod before standing up and making his move to leave the room, but not before he pats Ken's shoulder. 

"Take care of him. "

 

 

 

A/N Since a lot of you asked for the sequel, so here it is.. 

You guys know that I'm a Neo shipper, right? But there's just something soothing about Haken so yeah... hope you like it