Drown (Ncentric)

Drabbles of VIXX

"Hyung, I have something I'm wondering about. "Hyuk, who's sitting by the pool along with N, watching as the rest of his hyungs play in the water, suddenly blurts out, tilting his head to look at the leader.

"What is it? "N asks, not even bothering to look at the maknae as he's too busy keeping an eye on the rest of s. They're all at the pool that day because of a schedule but then they managed to get some time to enjoy themselves, which explains why they're just playing without a care. 

"Well, I wonder if Hongbin-hyung and I both drown at the same time, who would you save? "Hyuk asks bluntly, causing N to frown as he thinks deeply about it. 

"Lets see, if it's you and Hongbin, then I'll save--"

"Don't forget that Hongbin-hyung can swim now. And he even have the experience of swimming against the sea wave compared to me who had only swam in the pool. "Hyuk quickly reminds and N frowns deeper as he thinks harder. 

Hongbin who overheard the leader and the maknae's conversation swims over to them, curious as to what N's choice would be. 

"It's true that I can swim against the sea wave but I'm still smaller and less built than Hyuk. Which also mean I have higher chance of being swept away by wave compared to him. "He adds on with a voice loud enough for the rest of the members who are having a swimming competition to hear. 

"What are you talking about? "Leo asks as he returns to the side of the pool where N and the maknaes are at, followed closely by Ravi and Ken who are splashing water at each other. 

"I'm asking Hakyeon-hyung if Hongbin-hyung and I are drowning, who would he save? "Hyuk explains and Leo nods in amusement before climbing out of the pool and sitting down next to N. 

"So who would it be? "He urges,interrupting N's thought but before the leader could give his answer, Ken butts in. 

"Why is it only between Hyuk and Hongbin? That's unfair! "Ken exclaims heatedly. "What if it's all of us who are drowning? Who would you save? "He wonders, changing the initial question. 

N huffs. "I'll save all of you. "He says simply, as if that's obvious but neither of them are satisfied with his answer. 

"You can't! You have to choose one! "Hyuk insists stubbornly but N refuse to listen to him. 

"Nope. I'll save all of you. One way or another. "He says determinedly. "I'll go and find help or something but I'll definitely save all of you. "He assures. 

"But what if we're the only ones there? And by the time you return with help we would all have already drowned? "Ravi inquires and N shrugs . 

"Then I'll just let all of you drown. "He says simply, as if it's no big deal, which truly surprises s as they all stare at him in disbelief. 

"Really, hyung? But that's so cruel of you! "Ken accuses sulkingly in which they all nod in agreement. 

"Well, I love all of you equally so I can't save only one of you. It's either everyone or no one at all. Do you expect me to live in guilt when I only saved one of you? "

"Then won't you live in guilt if you didn't save any of us? "Ravi demands. "Wont you feel bad for being the only one who survived? "

N laughs at that. "Who said anything about surviving? "He asks. 

"What's that supposed to mean? "Leo quietly wonders, not sure if N is trying to tell them something by that. 

"Why would I bother surviving? If you drowned and I can't save all of you, then we might as well just drown all together. "N explains casually, as if he doesn't really realise what his words means. 

"But if you do that, then it's considered suicide... isn't it? "Hongbin whispers in horror, sharing a look with the rest of the members who seem to realise the same thing too. 

"Maybe. But who cares? At least we're still together, even when we're no longer alive. "N says, smiling. "Since we started together, then it must be nice if we can end it together too. "

Everyone is quiet after N said that. What has started as a simple, innocent question now makes them think deeper about things they never even thought about before. Sure, they all want to be N's favourite, they all want to be N's first, N's number one but after hearing what he said about not being able to choose among them, they realise that they shouldn't make him choose as he might just as well result to the most brutal choice. 

"Hakyeon... "Leo speaks up, breaking the suffocating silence. 

"Mhmm? "

"If... if you're ever put in a position where you have to choose among us, I... you don't have to choose me. "Leo says sincerely . "Really, don't choose me. Whatever happens to me, I won't blame you, I'll understand. I want you to choose whoever it is that you want, Hongbin probably, since you've known him the longest and you've shared the most memory with him. Either way, I'll be fine with you not choosing me. "

N stares at Leo for that but he says nothing . 

"Me too, hyung. You don't have to choose me, I'll be fine with that. Choose Wonshik instead, since he can understand you best. "Ken says earnestly yet N still gives no reaction . 

"No, don't choose me. "Ravi refuses. "Choose Hyuk. He's the strongest among us so he can protect you on our behalf. At least we'll be able to rest in peace knowing that you're safe with him. "

Hyuk shakes head. "No, not me. Choose Jaehwan-hyung. He can cheer you up in no matter what situation so even if you're sad by our loss, he'll make you happy again. "He reasons. 

"Don't choose me either, hyung. Choose Taekwoon-hyung. He's your life long friend so you'll be lonely without him. "Hongbin offers and finally, N smiles. 

"Do you realise what you just did? "He asks and the members look at each other before shaking their head. 

"You just said each other importance. "N states. "Taekwoon, you're my life long friend so I'll be lonely without you. Jaehwan, you always make me happy no matter what. Wonshik, you understands me best. Hongbin, we share the most memories together so you are very dear to me and Hyuk, whether you realise it or not, you always take care of me and protect me. "

"So how can you expect me to choose just one of you when you're all equally important to me? "