Yellow (N centric)

Drabbles of VIXX

Today, the members of VIXX are going to travel for Taiwan for work and at the moment, everyone is busy packing their things. Well, everyone except N, who's been constantly fussed about by s ever since his collapsing incidence a few days ago. 

"I told you, I can do it myself. Packing doesn't even need that much of an effort. "N says exasperatedly from where he's sitting on his bed, with Ken literally draped over him, acting as a barrier to stop him from doing anything while Hongbin and Wonshik 'help' him pack his bag for their journey. 

"Just sit there quietly and tell us what to pack. "Hongbin scolds, giving Ken a look and N immediately feels Ken's arms tightening around him,as if giving a warning for him to behave. 

"Fine, fine! "N groans, struggling a bit to loosen the main vocalist's hug. "You're going to suffocate me! "He exclaims and Ken just sticks his tongue out.

And so N finally gives up, letting himself be somewhat suffocated by Ken's overwhelming embrace while the pair of the same aged friends raid through his wardrobe. 

They've barely finished packing N's bag when the door of the room opens and Leo steps in together with Hyuk, carrying cold drinks with them. 

"You're done? "Leo asks, passing the drinks to Hongbin and Ravi before offering one to N. 

N doesn't take it immediately but instead, he gives Leo a pleading look. "Taekwoonie, your dongsaengs are torturing me. "He complains dramatically and Leo rolls his eyes. 

"So they're only my dongsaengs now? "He says, snickering. "What a pity, guys. Hakyeon disowned you. "

N's eyes widen at Leo's statement. "No! That's not what I mean. I'll never disown you! Taekwoon, you--"his rambling is cuts off by the rest of them laughing so he sighs in relief, glad that they didn't take Leo's words seriously. 

"Relax, hyung. You'll never get to disown us. We're part of you now. "Hyuk says matter of factly, taking a seat next to N and gently prying Ken away from the leader. "You're getting stronger, Jaehwan-hyung. "He compliments and Ken grins happily. 

N absent mindedly nods at that. But then a question pops into his head. "By the way, what are you going to wear at the airport? White? Black? "He asks since they have always decide to wear clothes of certain colors to make it easier for them to group together and usually, white and black are their choice. 

"Mine is black. "Ken says and N nods 

"Me too. "Ravi pipes in, winking at Ken who winks back and N fakes a cough. 

"Me three. "Hyuk jokes which earns him looks that says lame and so he simply hits them for that. 

"I'm wearing grey because--"

"Because you're different from us. Okay I get it. "N continues Leo's sentence for him but instead of getting annoyed, Leo just nods. 

"Blue. "Hongbin says simply when N looks at him. 

N nods. "Well, I guess I'm wearing black then. "He decides, standing up to pick out a shirt but Ravi pushes him to sit back down. 

"No way, hyung. "The rapper denies. "You're not wearing black. In fact, I found something very suitable for you to wear. "He says with a mischievous smile as he scurried through the leader's wardrobe once again and pulls out a shirt, a yellow shirt. 

N blinks. "That's too bright. "He says, shaking his head. "Everyone is wearing dark yet I'm the one wearing bright?  No way. "He refuses, pursuing his lips in a thin line. 

"You're wearing this. "Leo decides, taking the yellow shirt from Ravi and hanging it on the knob of the door behind him. 

"I'm not wearing that. "N insists. 

"Yes, you are. "Leo demands, giving s 'the look' and so they all nod vigorously. 

"Hyung, our fans must be worried about you after what happened so they will be looking out for you. It'll be easier for them to spot you if you're wearing that right? "Hongbin tries to reason with N who's now obviously sulking with them. 

"They can still see me if I'm wearing black! "N retaliates, voice rising and immediately, Ken pats his back in a soothing gesture, trying to calm him down. 

"I know they can. But yellow makes you look more cheerful. You want them to see you happy, right? So they won't be worried anymore? "

N opens his mouth to fight back but then closes it, realising that it's true. 

"Come on, hyung. It's not that bad. You look good in whatever you wear anyway. "Hyuk coax.

N sighs, dejected. "Fine. "

 

 

And so, today, we see a sun at the airport. A smiling, cheerful sun that radiates warmth with his every steps. 

"See? They look relieved, don't they? "Hongbin whispers and N just smiles wider.

"Thank you. "

 

 

A/N This idea just popped into my mind when I saw the picture of N in yellow :)

He looks all good!