Sleep Talking (Neo)

Drabbles of VIXX

It was late but N and Leo has just barely finished with their individual schedules and are on their way home. 

The atmosphere in the car is quiet, their manager being focused in his driving while N and Leo too tired to even start a conversation. It was a long day after all. 

Leo has almost doze off to sleep when he hears N's soft voice so he quickly sits up straight, trying to keep awake in case N has something to talk about. "Are you talking to me? "He asks just to make sure but instead of answering him, N just continue mumbling to himself in a low voice. "I can't really hear you, you know that right? Are you nagging? "He wonders since he knows his leader has this mother-like habit of complaining quietly. 

"He's sleeping . "Their manager, who's sitting beside N, tells him with his eyes still glued to the road. He can't risk being careless since he's responsible for two other lives at the moment. 

"Sleeping? "Leo frowns? "But I heard --"

"He's sleep talking. "The manager explains and Leo, not quite believing it, bends forward to check on N himself and well, the leader has his eyes closed though his mouth keep muttering something so he's definitely sleeping. 

Leo frowns. "I thought he has stopped sleep talking years ago? "He asks. 

The manager shrugs. "He's too tired maybe. He sleep talks a lot lately . "He tells him and Leo just frowns harder. 

"Should I wake him up? "He wonders when N's sleep talking gets louder and louder but the manager shakes his head. 

"Let him be. He's tired. "

Leo was about to listen to the manager's suggestion and just let N continue sleeping, he really was. But then N starts whimpering and he doesnt have the heart to hear it. 

Reaching forward, he grab hold of N's shoulder and gently shakes him awake. "Hakyeon? Hey, wake up. "He says and in an instant, N's eyes shot open. 

"T-Taekwoon? "N mumbles, sitting up straight and giving Leo a confused look. 

"Yeah,it's me. "Leo assures, heaving a relieved sigh. "You okay? "He asks. 

N blinks at the question. "I'm... fine. Why? "He wonders, clueless as to why Leo sounds so worried. 

"You were sleep talking and I thought I should wake you up. Just in case you're having a nightmare or something. "Leo tells him, trying not to sound too concerned.

"Ah... thanks? "N says a bit hesitantly before resting his head against the window, suppressing a yawn which makes Leo feels guilty for waking him up. 

"Sorry... for disturbing your sleep. "He says guiltily and N chuckles, shaking his head. 

"It's fine. "He assures. 

 

 

Returning home late that night, the dorm isn't as dark as how N imagined it would be since there's light coming from the kitchen. Eventhough he's tired and could literally fall asleep standing, he decides to just go and check just in case someone forgot to turn off the light but is suprised to see Leo sitting alone at the kitchen table, nursing a cup of what looks like coffee in his hands. 

"You're still awake? "N asks, startling Leo who immediately turn to look at him. 

"Yes? "Leo answers and N nods. 

"Don't forget to turn off the light when you're done. "He reminds and was about to walk out of the kitchen when Leo stops him. 

"Hakyeon. "He calls out and N stops in his track. "Why don't you sit down for a bit? I'll make you something to drink. "He offers, pulling a chair for the leader. 

N tilts his head in confusion but then just shrugs and sits down. "Sure, I guess. "He says and soon enough, there's a glass of warm milk placed in front of him. 

"Drink up. "Leo urges while sitting opposite him and N mutters a thanks before taking a sip of his drink. "Tiring day, was it? "Leo asks and N smiles. 

"It's the usual. "He says but there's a distant look in his eyes. He finishes his milk in no time and was about to leave the kitchen when once again, Leo stops him. 

"Hakyeon... "

"Yes? "

"I can't sleep. "Leo tells his leader who frowns at that. 

"Why not? You don't feel well? "N demands and Leo shakes his head. 

"It's cold inside my room. "He says. 

"Your heater is broken? "N guesses. "If it is, I can --"

"No, no. It's not the heater. "Leo quickly denies before N can continue rambling. "It's just... lonely. Being alone in the room feels lonely so I... "He left his sentence hanging, hoping for N to get the hint but unfortunately, the leader's mind is too slow at this time of the night. 

"So you what? "N asks plainly and Leo has to fight back a groan. 

Taking a deep breath, Leo finally says it. "I'm hoping that you can keep me company for the night. "He blurts out then looks at anything but N, too shy to even make eye contact with him. 

N blinks, letting the words sink in and when he finally get the meaning of the words, he smiles. "Oh. "He exclaims. "Sure. I'll wash up first then I'll go to your room, okay? "He suggests. 

"Cant it be your room? "Leo asks since he knows N can't sleep well if it's not on his own bed and besides, the atmosphere of N's room is really calming and it has been so long since he last stepped in there. 

"My room is fine too. "N agrees. "I'll go wash up first, okay? "

Leo nods and grins when he sees N skipping away happily. He hopes that with what he's planning to do, N will get a good night's sleep; a sleep that isn't affected by nightmares or sleep talks, a sleep that would actually gives him some real rest. 

 

 

When Leo enters N's room about half an hour later, N is already on the bed with a blanket covering the lower half of his body. 

"Come here. "He invites with a smile, patting the space on the bed next to him. 

"You're not going to light a candle? "Leo asks, taking in the condition of N's room, which as usual, is very neat and clean and most importantly, smells very nice. 

"If you don't mind. "N says, picking up a match from his bedside table. 

"I don't. "Leo assures while taking his spot next to N on the bed while N lights up the candle not far from him and soon, the whole room smells of vanilla. 

N takes a few moments to settle down and when he does, both of them are left in darkness and silence. 

"Good night. "Leo hears N mumbles. 

"Good night. "Leo replies and carefully, he pulls N closer to him by the waist. His action startles N, he knows, but just for a moment as slowly, N's body goes lax and in no time, he goes completely still, his breathing evening out. 

Leo allows himself to smile in satisfaction as he holds N in his arms throughout the night. He wasn't really lying when he said he can't sleep, how can he when he literally drank cups of coffee just for tonight, so that he can guard N in his sleep to make sure that his leader gets the rest he needs. 

And judging by how cheerful and energetic N is when he wakes up the next morning, Leo knows his plan succeed. 

And eventhough he struggles to keep himself awake that very day, since he didnt even sleep a wink that night, he knows it's worth it. 

 

 

A/N I was very worried when I heard about what happened to Hakyeon today but I'm glad to hear that he's well and resting now and that nothing's wrong with him. 

I just hope that he would stop saying sorry. It wasn't his fault for not feeling well. 

It wasn't Jelpi's fault either so please don't blame them.. . it was just the heat, okay?