Birthday (Neo)

Drabbles of VIXX

"Your birthday is coming. "

N looks up from his phone and glances at Leo who's sitting opposite him. "Come again? "He says, tilting his head with a small smile. 

Leo huffs. "I said, your birthday is coming. "

N grins. "So you do remember. I thought you don't. "He says in amusement and Leo shrugs. 

"It's pretty much everywhere so how can I miss it? "

N chuckles as he understands really well what Leo's talking about. Their fans has put up a lot of ads and posters for his birthday and he really appreciates it. "Yeah. They're so nice. "He compliments.  

"Of course they are." Leo agrees. "Either way, is there any present that you want from me? "He wonders and he could have swore that N's face immediately brighten up so he quickly gives him a condition or he knows he'll regret it later. "It must be affordable for me, though. "

"Affordable?" N repeats, seemingly wondering about it. Leo nods and N pretends to frown. "Well, there is something that I really want but I don't know if it's affordable for you. "He tells him. 

"What is it? A bag? A watch? "Leo asks but N shakes his head. 

"Time. "N says. 

"Time? What do you mean time? "Leo wonders, clueless and N smiles. 

"Well, we've been so busy these days that we never really get to just sit and talk to each other. If there's time, then maybe we can have some bonding time. That will be a great present for me. "

"I can spend time with you, that's no problem. "Leo says confidently but N gives him a sceptic look, as if doubting his words. 

"Are you sure? Can you promise me that? "

"Yes, I'm sure. It's a promise. "Leo declares. 

N chuckles. "Well then lets see if you can keep your promise. "

 

 

"Happy birthday, Hakyeon. Sorry for the late wish. That was really too much of me. "

Seeing the tweet, N smiles a bitter smile. Well, he should have never expected anything from Leo anyway. He knows he isn't that important to him compared to his jobs and musical friends. 

"You're second but it's okay. "

That was the tweet N made as a reply. He tried his best to not seem so dissapointed or anything but who knows what he really feels. 

 

 

"Hakyeon, wake up. "

Being woken up late at night with Leo's face right in front of him is not something that N would ever imagine. But that's exactly what's happening. 

"What is it? "N asks sleepily, rubbing his eyes before glancing at the clock on his bedside. "It's almost midnight, Taekwoon. What's so important that you can't even wait until morning? "He asks, yawning and is surprised when Leo suddenly grabs his hand and pulls him up. 

"Well, if I wait until morning, then it's no longer your birthday. "Leo says when N finally gets out of his bed. 

"Birthday? "N echoes, confused. "Are you going to celebrate it? "He wonders and instead of answering, Leo just gestures for the leader to follow him into the kitchen where there's a small cake with a lit candle on it sitting on the counter. 

"It's still the 30th of June, technically. "Leo starts once N is seated. "So, well, happy birthday, Hakyeonie. Make a wish. "He says, giving the best smile he could muster. 

N is quiet for a long time but then he clasp his hands, close his eyes, mutter something under his breath then finally blow the candle. "Thank you, Taekwoon. "He whispers.

"You're welcome. "Leo says, taking a seat next to N. "I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise. I swear I didn't forget about it. I'm just... busy. And you were too. "He apologises. 

N sighs. "It's okay, I guess. "

"I'll make it up to you later, okay? "Leo tries to coax. He could detect the disappointment in N's voice. 

"Okay. "N shrugs, smiling. 

"Don't be upset at me? "Leo pleads. 

"I'm not. "N denies. 

"Yes, you are. I know you. "Leo says confidently  

"Do you? "N retaliates. 

"Well, maybe not as much as you know me but still, I know you. At least better than how that Wongeun knows you. "

N laughs. "Yeah, maybe you're right. "He agrees. "But Wongeun got me a present. Did you? "He tests. 

Leo scoffs but then he scoots closer to N, grab his face and gives him a peck on the cheek. "This is all I got for now. But I'll give you something better later. Is that okay? "he asks, fighting the urge to laugh at the redness of N's face. 

"Y-yeah. "N stutters, touching the spot on his cheek where Leo's lips touched. 

"Thank you for being born, Cha Hakyeon . "