Lie Lie Lie

(NBin) unWRITTEN

[CHAPTER 32]

"Lie Lie Lie"

 

 

 

Why is he here of all places?

That's the question that the two of them have at the moment. This reunion was not what they had in mind and both of them were taken back.

Hakyeon felt the fear and almost found it hard to grasp for air as he stares at Taekwoon's face. All of his memories, all of his past, came flying back to him as if it was just yesterday. But it was no longer nostalgia that he felt but rather, he wanted to flee. 

He swallowed hard trying to grasp the situation and then, he looked back into the house, knowing very well that Hyuk was still recovering. 

"Let's talk somewhere else," Hakyeon took the courage to say so.

Taekwoon didn't speak a word but followed obediently behind. Strangely enough, Hakyeon looked rather calm after seeing him again. Anyone would have been freaking out by now if they saw someone come back to life from the dead. But Hakyeon wasn't like that.

Hakyeon took Taekwoon to a nearby cafe and the two sat down in awkward silence, neither knowing where or how to start the conversation.

Taekwoon glanced at Hakyeon from top to bottom, realizing that the latter haven't really changed at all since years ago.

"How are you?" Taekwoon decided to ask.

"..." Hakyeon stared at the other for a good long minute. He bit his lips not knowing what he should say.

"I heard you're a teacher now. You've finally achieved your dreams, haven't you?" Taekwoon continued.

"I did. And I'm guessing you heard that from Hyogi," Hakyeon finally responded. "Why are you here and what are you doing in Hyogi's place?"

"You don't look very happy to see me," Taekwoon noticed Hakyeon's glares and uncomfort finally. 

"Would anyone be happy to see someone who's supposed to be dead already?" 

"I guess not. But you don't seem surprised either. Did Han Sanghyuk tell you?"

"No. He told me nothing. So why are you here? What did you do to Hyogi? He knows you're dead as well."

"I didn't do anything. I'm just staying at his place temporarily. There's nothing wrong with that," Taekwoon said as if he didn't have much care about Hakyeon's interrogations. "So how are you?"

"Don't change the subject. Answer me. What are you doing here?" Hakyeon remained firm in his allegations.

"Nothing."

Taekwoon chose to hide the truth but Hakyeon was sick and tired of it all. He decided to be straight forward with the latter because he knows what Taekwoon is probably up to if he came all the way here from Moirae's Edge, knowing very well that it's not allowed.

"You're here to kill me again, aren't you?" Hakyeon said.

"W-what are you saying?" Taekwoon found himself stuttering from the cold and harsh words coming from Hakyeon's mouth.

Hakyeon has changed. Not like how he remembered the latter to be. What could have changed him?

"Don't play stupid with me Jung Taekwoon. I know exactly why you're here and I can tell what you might have done to Hyogi for him to accept you even though we all went to your funeral years ago. You changed his memories didn't you?"

"I.. how did you know?" 

"I know everything now. Where you came from, what you've been doing and what you tried to do to me!" Hakyeon slammed furiously at the table in anger. 

The more he thought about it, the more unjust and played he felt. Everything around him was all a lie and even his memories with Taekwoon started with a lie. Even now, he doubts any of it to be true. His memories could have just become conveniently rewritten for Taekwoon to play his games and accomplish his mission.

"Who told you? Lee Hongbin?" Taekwoon was panicking inside, thinking he could hide it from Hakyeon but he was wrong. The latter knew everything already and now, he had nowhere to run or hide. Even ending the man named Cha Hakyeon is now proven to be much more difficult.

"He didn't tell me anything. But I do know it's your fault that he's trapped back on the otherside. So what are you doing here? Are you going to be a loyal dog and obey these so-called Goddesses to end my story once-and-for-all?" Hakyeon asked.

Taekwoon went silent. He was too taken back by Hakyeon's bold remarks that he didn't know what to do. The latter's appearance haven't changed one bit yet his attitude seems to have changed completely.

Hakyeon's cold stares and straightforwardness... Taekwoon was speechless. Who could've changed him?

Lee Hongbin? Taekwoon immediately thought of the answer. That's when he grew annoyed. 

"And what are you going to do if I'm here to kill you?" Taekwoon asked back. He straightened his posture and he no longer looked at Hakyeon with nostalgia either. The atmosphere grew very tense, almost too suffocating to even breathe for the both of them. Yet the one who held their breath the longest would become victorious at the end.

"Do you think I'll be afraid of your threats? I'm prepared for anything. You drove me to the edge once before and when I think about it now, I knew how stupid I was to have thought of doing that to myself. I should've treasured myself more instead but my world revolved around you because I lost everything in order to be with you. I admit, I loved you and I always would have if I didn't know better. When I thought you were gone, I kept blaming myself for not being able to be with you. I was broken and lived like a dead person but that's different now. I was able to learn how valuable living means to me and the fact that there are still so many people around me who cares. There's more to my life than what I thought it was and I've learned to treasure myself more."

Taekwoon clenched his fist in frustration, irritated at the changes in Hakyeon so quickly. 

"You-"

"Kill me. Do what you want. But will you really be happy after you've killed me? What can you possibly get out of it? Recognition from the Goddesses that you've never even seen before?" Hakyeon continued.

"Shut up."

"Even if you do, what happens after that? Continue being the puppet that you've always been? If so, than go ahead. I'm done being played by fate."

"I said shut up!" 

Taekwoon lashed out in anger. He shouted loudly enough for everyone around the cafe to start staring at the two of them.

"You don't know anything! You don't know what it's like to be living on the edge. You don't know what it's like when you have nothing because you've never had anything to begin with! Don't you dare act like you know everything!"

"But Hakyeonie knows everything more than you think," someone stepped into the two's argument.

"You! Why are you two here?!" Taekwoon was shocked to see the two faces. He was starting to become more and more furious as he finally realized exactly who could have told everything to Hakyeon in the first place.

Both Jaehwan and Wonshik found Hakyeon just in time because Taekwoon could do anything to Hakyeon. 

"You two were the ones who told him everything! Do you know what you're even doing? You're breaking the rules! You can lose everything if you're caught!" Taekwoon shouted.

"And?" Wonshik snarled at him. "I rather lose everything than to betray a friend. And Cha Hakyeon is my friend as well."

"Agreed. I can't let you hurt Hakyeonie. So whatever it is that you're planning, you better step away or else I won't let you off easy," Jaehwan's face grew stern and angered. 

The two of them stood in front of Hakyeon to defend him. 

"We won't let you hurt Hakyeon. That's our promise to Hongbin," Jaehwan continued.

"Hongbin. Lee Hongbin! Everything is always about him! What makes him so special, huh? What did he give you that I didn't?" Taekwoon questioned. "I did everything you wanted didn't I? I worked and earned money for you so that you could save up to go to college and fulfill your dreams. I stayed by your side when your stupid family decided to abandon you. I did all of that for you didn't I?"

"I know you did. But how sincere were you actually? You would have never approached me in the beginning if you weren't ordered to do so. If we never met, none of this would have happened in the first place. The two of us would have gone our separate ways if we didn't encounter one another. Our meeting was not a coincidence nor was it fate. You forced yourself into my life and changed my story however you wanted. Even now, you're doing the exact same thing with Hyogi. I don't' care what you do to me but if you dare touch Hyogi even a bit, I won't forgive you," Hakyeon said strictly.

Taekwoon bit his lips in anger, he glared at the three of them as he was completely outnumbered at the moment. Then, he stormed out of the cafe without another word.

He was mad, furious and is now fighting a battle alone. No one was on his side anymore. 

 

~

 

"Are you okay?" Wonshik asked as soon as Taekwoon disappeared.

"Yeah. I'm fine," Hakyeon said as he flopped onto the chair, feeling weak in his legs.

"You did well," Wonshik praised him. "But now that he's here, we'll need to be more cautious."

"I agree. He might hurt you when we're not looking so make sure you stay near us or around other people," Jaehwan advised.

"I know but I'm more worried about Hyogi," Hakyeon furrowed his brows. "Taekwoon rewrote his memories and now he's living with Taekwoon. I'm worried that Taekwoon might do something to Hyogi out of anger."

"I'll keep an eye out on Han Sanghyuk. In the mean time, Jaehwan-hyung will stay near you until we sort everything out," Wonshik instructed. Also, we've received words from Seo InGuk about the next steps to take."

"Really?" Hakyeon found a bit of hope.

"He'll be sending over the blank book and tools to help write Hongbin's story. So instead of concerning about Jung Taekwoon, you should put your heart into thinking about Hongbin instead. You're in charge of giving him an existence in your life and in this world, so make sure that every word counts."

"I got it. Thanks."

Both Jaehwan and Wonshik was looking out for Hakyeon even more now that they realized that Taekwoon was on Earth. They were scared but they weren't alone. If they were facing Taekwoon one-on-one, they wouldn't know how to deal with him or what the latter has up his sleeves. However, the main concern now isn't simply Hakyeon's life in danger but also Hyuk's. 

 

~

 

Clash.

In the midst of his slumber and drowsiness from the medications, Hyuk heard a sound coming from outside. His immediate reaction though was not a concern of himself but...

Hakyeon-hyung? He thought and tried to get up to see what the noise was. He wobbled through the hallways to see the house in complete darkness. Hakyeon was nowhere to be found though.

"Hakyeon-hyung?" Hyuk decided to call out in his coarse voice. 

There was no answer. He continued into the kitchen and as he walked, he accidentally stepped on something.

"Ow," he felt a sharp pain through his feet and as he touched the bottom of his feet, he realized that there was a piece of glass pierced through his skin and causing him to bleed. 

He reached out for the lights and when he turned it on, he noticed that there were glasses scattered all over the kitchen floor. 

"What happened here?" he became worried. A break-in?

But it wasn't what he thought nor was it Hakyeon. As he turned around into the kitchen, he noticed Taekwoon sitting there at the corner of the counters.

"What the hell happened here?" Hyuk asked both in worry and anger.

Taekwoon did not respond but was in a terrifying state. Hyuk noticed that the older was holding onto a broken glass in his left hand, bleeding uncontrollably. Taekwoon must have been drinking as Hyuk noticed the empty liquor bottles lying around as well. 

The younger was terrified and although he was bleeding himself, he was more worried about Taekwoon's condition. 

Hyuk cleared the path of glasses and made his way to Taekwoon. He knelt down to see if Taekwoon was still conscious and the older was. Except Taekwoon looked like a lifeless soul, dead and unresponsive.

"Taekwoon-hyung, what the hell happen? Are you okay?!" Hyuk asked in concern. 

But Taekwoon did not respond and simply stared at nothing.

Hyuk looked around and didn't know what might have triggered Taekwoon to suddenly behave this way, but then he realized. 

"Did you meet Hakyeon-hyung?" Hyuk asked.

The younger was sharp and the name caused Taekwoon to finally twitch a bit in response.

"What happened between you two? Did you two fight? Please just answer me already. You scaring me."

"He..." Taekwoon spoke a bit but could not continue. He let go of the broken glass in his palms and huddled around his knees. 

Hyuk has never seen Taekwoon in this state. 

The Jung Taekwoon in Hyuk's memories was an uncaring, independent person who only had Hakyeon in his eyes. Even when Hyuk was first introduced to Taekwoon by Hakyeon, the two barely spoke a word to each other. The only person that connected Hyuk to Taekwoon was Hakyeon and it's true even now. The younger didn't know what to do or how to handle the situation. 

Did he and Hakyeon-hyung have an argument? What happened while I was asleep? Hyuk questioned as he remained frozen in front of Taekwoon, not knowing what to do next.

 

~

 

Hakyeon couldn't stop worrying about Hyuk even though he was supposed to only think about Hongbin at the moment. But he didn't know what terrifying things Taekwoon would do to Hyuk in order to get back at Hakyeon. Taekwoon knows well who are those that are important to Hakyeon and Hyuk is one of them. 

"Calm down," Jaehwan gave a cup of hot tea for Hakyeon to sit down and discuss about what to do. "Wonshik is keeping an eye out on Hyuk so don't worry about it."

"I know. It's not that I don't trust Wonshik but it's more like I'm worried about what things Taekwoon is planning on getting back at me for betraying him," Hakyeon said.

"You didn't betray anyone. If anything, Taekwoon was the one who used you and betrayed your trust. You're innocent, so don't blame yourself. I'm sure Hyuk will be alright. He's a strong kid after all."

"Do you know how Hyogi and I met?" 

"I do. We all do and we all know how precious he is to you," Jaehwan patted Hakyeon on the back to calm the latter down.

Just like Hongbin, both Jaehwan and Wonshik have read about Hyuk's story as he was one of the characters who were connected to Hakyeon. Not only is Hyuk very important to Hakyeon but Hakyeon is probably a hundred times more important to Han Sanghyuk. 

"If anything happens to him because of me, I don't think I can forgive myself."

"Nothing will happen to him. I guarantee that. If Hyuk realizes how worried you are about him, I'm sure he'll tell you the same thing and not to worry."

"He's a really good kid. He's young but he's responsible and always tries to look out for me. Sometimes I even wonder what it'd be like if our age was switched around. I bet he'd make a better role model than me," Hakyeon sighed. 

"Who knows? Maybe? Anyways, we should figure out what Jung Taekwoon is planning first. I don't have a good feeling about him and I can't tell what he's planning. You should know him best right? Even if he approached you with ulterior motives, I'm sure there are some truth behind his actions during the time he was with you. What kind of person was he? The Taekwoon that you remember?"

Hakyeon wants to answer like he really knew Taekwoon the best and remember how much he used to love the other. But in his mind, all of those precious memories were burning away from fear and anxiety. It was as if the dead really came back from life and beginning to threaten all of the people who Hakyeon cares about. 

Hakyeon was kicked out from his home and ignored by his family, with only Taekwoon staying at his side. He only had Taekwoon when Hakyeon thought that he had lost everything. The nights Hakyeon cried from loneliness, Taekwoon would be there to caress his tears away. Taekwoon was a comfortable presence and someone Hakyeon thought he would never regret loving. They made many memories together and it's true that thanks to Taekwoon, Hakyeon was able to save up enough money for college in order to fulfill his dreams. He was thankful and felt guilty for making his beloved do all of those for him. He was heartbroken when Taekwoon died and he blamed himself for not being able to be there for Taekwoon. These were all the things he thought he remembered about the latter.

But now, he's beginning to question - what was real and what was a lie? What if his feelings from the start was a lie as well? What if he never actually loved Taekwoon but was written to love the latter instead? What if he was controlled by a fate that he was forced to play?

There were so many questions in his head that it was overwhelming and almost impossible to stomach. Hakyeon felt nauseous from his memories and his dilemma. 

"Hakyeon?" Jaehwan noticed the latter's face turning pale.

"I'm scared," Hakyeon admits. "What if everything up until was just a bunch of lies? What if the memories I have in my head right now are all just written lies in this stupid book of mine? How can I tell what is the truth or what is a lie when I can barely even figure myself out? Why am I here? Why did it have to be me of all people?"

Hakyeon''s feelings of lost and confusion, frustrations and anxiety, were all too overwhelming that he eventually broke down. He's tried to stay strong but it was hard.

"Hakyeon-ah..." Jaehwan found himself at a lost on how to comfort Hakyeon at all. Just as he reached his hands out to assist Hakyeon, the door bell rung.

Ring. Ring.

"Who is it so late?" Jaehwan almost felt a small sigh of relief since he didn't know how to approach Hakyeon at all. "I'll be right back to see who it is."

Hakyeon didn't respond. He only had eyes on the ground from the feelings he had at the moment and could barely sort himself out. 

Why did it have to be me of all people? Why is it that this keeps happening to me and the people around me? I'm so stupid. How much of my memories were real? What if everything was a lie from the beginning? Do I even ... exist? 

He had no answers and only thousands of questions. Yet, there was no one who could help him or ease his pain. Hakyeon was beginning to regret ever feeling anything for anyone because if he never felt anything, than he wouldn't have to feel the pain either. Maybe it would be better for Taekwoon to just kill him after all? Why did he have to come back to life again and relive his fate once more for him to find out that his story was made up of a bunch of lies?

"Are you going to just sit there and cry all night long?" a familiar voice called out. "Get up, Hakyeon-ah."

Hakyeon looked up. His tears had blocked his vision but he rubbed his eyes to make a clear sight of the silhouette that stood in front of him at the moment.

"Don't tell me you've already forgotten me?" the young man sighed.

Hakyeon was at a lost of words. He wanted to utter the name but it felt almost too unreal for him to see the person in front of him.

"H-," Hakyeon stuttered as he tried to control his heart from beating out of control.

"It's been awhile, hasn't it?" the younger knelt down and ruffled his fingers through Hakyeon's hair. "Did you miss me?"

 

 

A/N: I'm currently like Hakyeon right now... like is the hype for our boys really real?!!? Like I can't believe this! I keep crying every time thinking about how unreal and how happy I am for VIXX right now! They seriously deserve the world!