Chapter 6

Petals and Ink (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Jungkook’s POV

Jungkook watched Jimin leave with fascination. He loved the way Jimin moved about, his walk was unique in Jungkook’s opinion. There was a little bounce to his every step that gave Jimin an overall atmosphere of calm and cute. He really was too adorable, Jungkook thought to himself as a slight blush overtook his face. When Jimin had gone back into his shop, Jungkook turned his attention the flower in his hand. Dendrophylax lindenii, what a strange but beautiful flower. As Jungkook examined the flower, Yoongi cleared his throat, effectively catching the younger’s attention.

“So what’s the flower for?” Yoongi asked with a teasing smile.

“Research...A customer came in yesterday and wanted to get this flower tattooed.” Jungkook responded nonchalantly as he went into the back of the store to continue his sketches before his next client came in for their appointment.

Throughout the day customers came and went, most of them leaving with a satisfied grin over their new tattoos and promising to recommend the shop to all their friends. Jungkook found himself doing a lot of couple tattoos that day, and it made him wonder if he’d ever get to be in a relationship where his partner would want to get matching tattoos. The idea appealed to him greatly but he doubted it would ever happen. He’d been a relationship twice before and neither of those partners ever approved of him getting tattoos nor did they want any for themselves.

With a heavy sigh, Jungkook put down the tattoo gun having finished the cross his customer had requested on his right bicep. He turned the chair around so the customer could look at the newly inked skin before Jungkook wrapped it up in gauze.

“Wow, impressive.” The man whistled seeing the carefully designed cross with ornate vines surrounding it.

“Thank you. Since you are pleased with my work I hope you’ll come again for another tattoo or recommend us to your friends.” Jungkook said to the man like he did to all his customers.

“I sure will. You’re talented kid, ever think of doing more than tattoos?” The man asked as he motioned for Jungkook to start bandaging the arm.

“What do you mean sir?” Jungkook asked genuinely curious as he began to wrap the tattoo in gauze.

“Art school. I think you have the potential to do well there, you could create wonderful artwork to showcase and sell to rich folk. You’d make a ton more money doing that then this.” The man explained with a slight chuckle.

“Oh...I considered it at one point, but I don’t think I’m cut out for it. Plus it’s too expensive” Jungkook replied as he finished applying the gauze.

“You could probably get a scholarship with your skills. Actually, I’d guarantee you would.” The man commented as he lightly patted his arm.

“Maybe...but I don’t think art school is for me,” Jungkook said firmly with a tight-lipped smile. In all honestly, Jungkook had thought about going to art school more than a few times, but he really didn’t have the money or the dedication for such a huge commitment. He enjoyed his job and thought the money he’d spent to buy this store had been a good decision. He’d hate to give up this store for some lousy arts degree.

“Well, if you ever change your mind...give me a call and I’ll put in a good word for you at the local college so you’d get a scholarship easier.” The man said handing Jungkook his business card and then making his way over to Yoongi to pay. Once the man left Yoongi came into the back and looked at the card Jungkook was still staring at.

“What’s that?” Yoongi asked going to the desk in the back to pull out a phone charger.

“The man that just left gave me his card...seems like he’s an alumnus of our local college,” Jungkook said.

“Oh...why’d he give you that?” Yoongi continued furrowing his eyebrows.

“He suggested I should apply for art school, even promised me a scholarship,” Jungkook said shaking his head.

“Ohh nice. I remember you talking about wanting to go to art school when you were much younger. It kind of took my by surprise when you changed your mind and invested your money in this shop with me instead of saving up for art school.” Yoongi said plugging his phone in the charger to charge.

“Hmm...well I don’t think that’s my dream anymore. I like it here, making tattoos is a lot of fun.” Jungkook said as he put away all the equipment, done with all his bookings for today.

“Maybe you enjoy it now Kook-ah, but later on will you? If you do go to art school you could make a lot more money than you do here.” Yoongi said with a serious face.

“I know that hyung, but I’m not in this for the money really. I make enough to ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter