VII. THE TWINS AND THE FLYING SHOES

A Billionaire's Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A Billionaire's Confession: Chapter 7

 

THE TWINS AND THE FLYING SHOES

“Fany?”

 

“TaeTae, I’m bleeding.” Tiffany uttered in a shiver.

 

Her hold on her wife’s sleeves is the only way Taeyeon could feel the urgency of the current predicament. More so to the fact that the mall has just been bombed and the entire are is in a commotion. But that is none of Taeyeon’s problem at the moment.

 

“Just hold on. I will get help, okay?”

 

“No. Stay here with me.” Tiffany stopped her from releasing the grip all in all.

 

“Yul..Yuri..Yul!” Helpless and vulnerable. That is the summary of the great Taeyeon as she held her wife closer, shouting the name of her twin’s wife. Yuri’s head immediately bobbed in reaction, her eyes widened at the sight of Tiffany’s cream dress stained with blood. Her hold on Jessica loosened, kissing her wife on the top of the head before running towards the head of the guards.

 

“Ready the chopper. You hear me! ASAP!”

 

Jessica blinked, she zoned out for a moment. The image of Yunho and Hyuk Jun passing through her to cradle Tiffany in their arms to the awaiting chopper became blurry. The first thing she saw is her twin, sitting helplessly in the ground while her eyes are empty. Staring at nothing in particular, Taeyeon’s gray business attire is dark but the darkened part of the blood is visible. Mr. Jung and Mr. Kwon are controlling the media along with Sooyoung and Yoona. This should be enclosed in the public. It is a very private matter, family business. Yuri is gone along with her brother and brother in law, aiding Tiffany in the chopper. Jessica let a tear out, Taeyeon is left with only with her.  And so she ran. Her white ensemble is ruined by dirt.

 

“Twinnie….Twinnie? Come on you have to get up we need to go after them. Tiffany needs you.” It is the first time she saw how helpless Taeyeon had become. She is the happiest wife a while ago, the trauma of the possibility of losing her child came right after an event which is enough to be transpired in history. She pried all the lose strands of Taeyeon’s blonde hair from her face, cupping the face so that the latter can look into her eyes directly.

 

“Taeyeon? Please.”

 

Taeyeon stood up running, her face is still blank and emotionless.

 

“Taeyeon! Where the are you going?! Yah!” Jessica regained her footing, following Taeyeon in a worry.

 

The photographers are all in the direction of the twins spurting into unknown direction. Sooyoung and Yoona turned around, getting a hurry nod from the two chairmen to follow the both of them. In the midst of the current situation, half of the photographers are already towards Jessica’s tail.

 

“Stop right there! I’m warning you!” Sooyoung echoed, her voice is heard. A momentary halt came but it resumed afterwards only to be left disappointed when they saw no sign of the twins they are following earlier. Sooyoung and Yoona stopped. Panting while leaning on the stop lights. The photographers’ curses are echoing in the area, a hint of disappointment but the two heed no notice.

 

“If there is one single article involving Taeyeon and Jessica, I know where to find you.” Yoona eyed each of the papparazi thoroughly. Unsatisfied with her intense eye contact, she fished out her phone from her pockets, snapping a picture of the bewildered photographers.

 

“Are they really going to run all the way to hospital?” Yoona returned to where Sooyoung is standing.

 

“Most definitely not. Let’s just wait for a report regarding a stolen car.”

 

“What?” Yoona’s voice shot up through her lungs, and Sooyoung had to cover her ears.

 

~~

 

Taeyeon ran as fast as she could, the gaze of the commoners following her trail like an eagle. The sound of the bomb seemed to have reached the area, an obvious reason why several cars are in the middle of the road with its driver’s head peeking out to gain access on what is happening. The traffic jam is definitely the main problem and hindrance as to why she can’t reach her wife. It is her fault on being too afraid, she is not ready.

A soft pant came right behind her. Taeyeon turned around only to witness Jessica in her barefoot goodness, with her hand firmly holding the designer heels. Taeyeon gawked at the sight of her twin, the blonde hair is disheveled, and in addition her white piece of clothing is now covered with uneven colorization of dirty and clean. She is lucky she is wearing a leather all gray business attire.

 

“Twinnie..how….why…how..why did you follow me?” Taeyeon mumbled. Her index finger and her bulging eyes going up and down at Jessica Kwon’s new image. When her gaze reached the top floor, she met Jessica’s glare.

 

“I will not let you go on a rampage Taeyeon! Where the actual are you going?!”

 

“My wife.” Taeyeon replied in which Jessica sighed.

 

“The hospital is that way.” Jessica pointed at the other direction, Taeyeon briefly peeked at the other side of the road. Pouting at her obvious embarrassing sprint of adrenaline, Taeyeon smiled, a sad one.

 

“I’m sorry but….”

 

“I know. Tiff’s is going to be okay.” Jessica approached her twin, patted her in the shoulder while giving off a tired smile.

 

“Now, let’s go find a way on how to get there. Reporters are in the site and they will surely interview us, not with me looking like an albino kangaroo.” Despite in her all too serious voice and her genuine concern, it still ended up with Taeyeon laughing out loud.

                                                                                                                                         

“Why are you laughing! Your wife and your child and my niece or nephew is in danger and you are laughing?!” Jessica smacked the heels towards Taeyeon’s direction, specks of dirt flying across.

 

“Albino kangaroo?”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Okay, I’m sorry. I’m just frustrated and I know Tiffany’s going to be okay. Wait here.” Taeyeon replied, back to her original seriousness. She grabbed Jessica’s shoulder, dragged her on the sidewalk because technically they are arguing at the center of the road.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?!” Jessica instantly blurted out. Taeyeon is currently grabbing a man by his collar, extracting him from the car he is belted on. The driver slightly stumbling.

 

“Get in!” Taeyeon shouted before entering the stolen car. The driver, too stunned to react only gaped at Jessica’s figure running towards him.  Jessica has always been the saner one, the considerate one, and she lived up to that attitude by simply bowing multiple times to the man probably in his early thirties or so.

 

“I’m really really sorry. We will return the car to you immediately we are in a rush and my twin is..” Jessica explained when a low voice, velvety as it is came into hearing.  Causing her to stop at her apologizing monologue.

 

“Its fine Jessica~ssi. I know you are in a hurry. Here is my card, just call me where to pick my car.” He smiled.

 

“Are you not getting in?! Hurry before I bomb everything around here.” Taeyeon’s voice hollered. Jessica bowed again, settling beside her twin.

 

~~

 

“Pops! What exactly happened here?”

 

Sooyoung opened the car door revealing Mr. Kwon and Mr. Jung inside. Immediately the SUV came into life, making a wide human path for it to pass. After the bombing of the mall, everyone seems to find answers. The authorities are in the area finding evidences and clues, and it is up to them for the culprit to be ousted. There is nothing else the chairmen could do but to wait. The opening of the mall would have to be postponed for at least another 6 months or so, they need to gain back the trust of the investors and repair the damage that has been dealt.

 

“They will figure it out.” Mr. Jung answered seriously. His face, dejected and the expressions in his face seemed to mirror the problems that is boiling inside. Mr. Kwon however looked tired, Yoona made a seat towards her father. Feeling apologetic that she is the reason why the opening has been moved. But the investigation is still going on and it is not the time to point fingers. People needs someone to blame and right at the proper moment they could only blame the possibilities.

 

They are on the way to the hospital and Yuri just informed them that Tiffany is stable. The shock of the sudden bombing and the stress that she accumulated due to the kidnapping is probably the reason of the bleeding. Bringing her by chopper is a big help. Considering that if help came a little late, then the worst might have happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter