Chaeyoung X You

TWICE X READER

It was supposed to be me,the one who will get buried under the ground,alone. But you saved me,I hate you for being so daring and save my life. I hate you because you are the protector in our friendship. I hate you for sacrificing your life and leave me alone at this cruel world. Now, who will be my light when I walked through the darkness? Who will makes my day better when I'm down?

Dear friend, did you see the way your parents mourned over your death? Did you see how your little sister cried out loud? And did you see how down and depressed I am while you sleeping peacefully in that coffin? Don't you love us? I pushed away my parents' comfort and I'm still waiting for you to come back,comfort me just like usual. You weren't here. You are in there,in the ground while I'm on it. Did you notice how big is the difference between us now?

--------------------

Flashback..

"Hey ___, I'm going back late. If you are tired you could go back to our apartment first. I'll be back in an hour or so.."

"Okay,please be safe." I said and turned around from my locker. You carried a few books in your hand which seems for your incoming assignment. You patted my back.

"You are the one who need to be safe.. I wanted to escourt you to the front gate,making sure you cross the road safely." you winked. I fake a vomit and you laughed.

"Let's go shall we?" We walked side by side and talked about a few things.

As we reached the front gate, I feel like my bag isn't closed. I crossed the road without observing the cars. I was struggling for the bag while I'm not aware that a car is speeding towards me. You shouted from behind. I thought I'm the one who will die today,but I was wrong when you pushed me from behind and took the hit for me.

I saw everything with my own eyes. I swear that karma will hit the driver one day. He deserved it..

---------------------

Our apartment which is always noisy now became quiet. Even the neighnours would complain to us for being too noisy if we celebrated something such as after exam or one of our birthdays. It was fun and lively eventhough it's just the both of us.

I took off the clothes that I've been wearing for your funeral,not accepting the fact that you are gone. I changed into a comfortable one but in black colour.

Maybe drinking could make me forget for a while

-----------------

The bar that I went,used to be our favourite hangout place. Everything that I do,or I see must be related to you. Without wasting my time, I approached the bartender and ordered something strong. (I don't know what kind of drinks is strong though)

I sat down at one of the benches and waited for the drink. I observed the place,people in here came to have fun while I'm here,feeling down and felt like drinking until I die. I paid the drink at the bartender and sipped it slowly,the alcohol burns my throat. When the glass is half full,I feel myself getting dizzy but not much. I could speak like normal and hear too,just feeling a bit dizzy.

My head on the counter,the drink in my hand. Can I just die? I feel like there's no reason I need to live. I don't care if people stared at me thinking I'm a drunkard,it's not like they could bring back my bestfriend.

"Are you okay miss? You seems depressed. I'm sorry if I'm being busy body. I'm just worried about you." A voice beside me made me to look up.

It's a girl around my age,her haircut is just like the main hero in Goblin. I never really watched drama,not a fan of it. Her muscle is a bit obvious for a girl and she has a mole under her lips,making her looks y but I'm not in the mood to flatter people right now.

"Nothing,it's just today is my bad day and even the worst in my life."

She nodded and silence engulfed us for a few minutes.

"You can talk to me if you want. I'm not forcing you. Just saying that I'm available for a talk. By the way, I'm Chaeyoung." She offered a smile and I replied back with a small one.

"Maybe a talk won't hurt me. But I hope you don't mind if I borrow your shoulder."

She chuckled and we headed outside to the park opposite the bar. While we are walking, I told her about today from A to Z. Chaeyoung listened to it attentively. As soon as I finished she hugged me and put my head on her shoulder.

"See, I let you to use my shoulder.." I chuckled at her attempt to make me laugh.

"Thank you Chaeyoung,for lending me your shoulder and listened my story. I'm really grateful." Chaeyoung smiled saying it's nothing and she suggested us to changed numbers in case I need someone to talk. I agreed and we saved each other's contact.

"___..."

I hummed and looked at her. We decided to sit under a tree at the park and stargazing. A thing that I always do when I'm down with my bestfriend.

"A friend who dies,it's something of you dies. I can't replace your bestfriend but I'll try doing what she did by being by your side."

-----------------

Requested! I maybe not update tomorrow as I need to go to Singapore visiting my relatives. There's no connection unless I use their wifi. That's why I update today.. Author-nim out!