GRIM REAPER: personification of death|UPDATE 8

grim reaper: personification of death

He pecks on the lips and pulls the other for another hug. “let me protect you.” And hyukjae nods.

Siwon clutch the front of his shirt, creating crease and making his fist lost blood at the tightness. His heart was soon to breaking when he saw how intimate donghae and hyukjae were. He tried to shrug the thought away but it was no use, tears of hurt and rejection started to flow down his eyes, it was unbearable, his was dying piece by piece and he doesn’t know who to ask for help. He was drowning with all the emotions building up his chest. With silent sobs and overflowing tears he tried to push away all the jealousy and heart break, now all he need is someone to hang on. And God answered his prayers, a small hand taps his shoulder he turns around and saw a pretty angelic face pure of sympathy and care.

“oppa.” Soft angelic voice moving to him closely. “oppa.” And he feels the soft hands again against his wet cheeks. he grabs it and push it closer. “yuki.” Siwon said and tears run down more. It was yuki, but the other form. It was sun kyu, eunhyuk’s new adapted daughter, and she was yuki’s new form after being forgiven by the highest. After she contemplates and regrets on her sins she was forgiven. Given a new life and a new task yuki was once again similar with Siwon, a guardian angel.

She shook her head, “sun kyu.” She said as if introducing her self to the crying guy. “how many time do I have to tell you yuki is bad, she’s gone. Im sun kyu now oppa.” And he feels big arms grab her and pulls her to a warm hug. “what donghae wants with him?” Siwon ask not letting go of sun kyu. Sun kyu sigh, “I don’t know either, but all I know is he needs to get a soul of someone close to hyukjae. Someone special to the other guy.” she answered.

“yuki, no, sunkyu tell me all you know about donghae, and what happen up there while im down here protecting hyukjae. Please.” Siwon plead and dry his wet cheeks, now what is more important is hyukjae’s safety, he must know if donghae will have to take the soul.

“ok, It started when you go down to guard hyukjae, I repent on my sins and asked for forgiveness and donghae helps me with that he asked the highest to make him a reaper and the highest grants his wish. He works hard and the highest saw his dedication and then he keeps asking the highest to forgive me and one day he did and assigned me to guard the old man as an abandon little girl. I went down and was happy guarding such a good guy, and then few weeks after staying in this world I got sick, Im still not adapting to my environment, appa, brought me to the hospital then, I meet him there. I know you’ve been working together for a long time because of your human jobs and his angelic job so I figure that everything is fine between you.” Long breath.

“no, scratch that I could assure that every thing between you is ok, donghae doesn’t have any hatred to you, I think you’re just over thinking and he’s not in to some thing bad to hyukjae.” sun kyu breath again. Long story telling makes her breathless. “ and just as he told you, he’s here for me. to see if im doing good in this body now, but I guess it would be long until I adapt. It was then a coincidence he told me he needs to get a soul of someone close to hyukjae.” she stops.

“who?” Siwon asked with a force anticipating an answer. 

“he didn’t tell me. it’s part of his job.” And then the front door swings open revealing a smiling hyukjae. he saw sunkyu on the couch and talking with Siwon and he fakes a frown. “baby, I thought you’re asleep? Go back to your room it’s pretty late, and its cold here.” He said and lifts sunkyu. “appa, where did donghae oppa go?” sun kyu asked innocently faking it and acting to her age.

“he went home baby. But he’ll be here tomorrow morning.” Then hyukjae pecks on sunkyu’s cheek. Siwon quirk an eyebrow at the statement. “morning?”

“he said he’ll drive me to work.” Hyukjae explained and started to walk towards the stairs “but im the one who’s supposed to do that.” Siwon stood up and follow hyukjae. hyukjae shook his head and turns to Siwon with conviction. “you have to work, and you told me you’re going to investigate about my case. I don’t want the head of police kicked out because he becomes my driver.” Hyukjae giggles, he seems very happy. His gums are showing, it means he was way too happy. And part of Siwon feels satisfied. “ok, im going to my room now.” Siwon said and went up immediately leaving hyukjae and sunkyu in the middle of the staircase. The two exchange glance and giggle. “I think he’s jealous.” Sun kyu said. And hyukjae laughs louder.

00000

Siwon stared at his ceiling; he has too many questions left unanswered. Who is that someone closes to hyukjae that will die, If sunkyu was the old man’s guardian then why is she still here? The old man is dead she must be transferred to a new person to guard, and what if she is? But the person must be near her, Is it hyukjae? But hyukjae got me. Siwon sighed, he can’t understand anything. He needs to get back to heaven any day to ask the highest, he is confused. But more is, is donghae really falling or hyukjae, or is this all part of the play? And he closed his eyes to contemplate only to fall asleep.

00000

After taking sun kyu in her room hyukjae immediately go to his respective one and gets ready to bed. He changes in to his favorite pair of pajamas and jump to his soft bed. He rests his tired body and feel the soreness go away. He feels good and an image of the earlier appear to him. He touches his lips with his fingers and traces it. He feels warm. I feel light. He thought as image of donghae keeps on appearing. 
He blushes, he really feels so nice and hyukjae shook his head. He promised to protect me. And he giggled. Do i… do I love him? But he is my angel. Hyukjae made a thought about donghae being his angel and he keeps it. He believes it so well; he convinces himself that donghae is his angel. Should I love him? And he saw the image of their kissing again. That night hyukjae feel so light but part of him can’t sleep he is very excited to meet his angel tomorrow.

00000

Donghae silently drive his car back to his human house. He was looking straight ahead when the memories of him kissing hyukjae’s soft plump lips come to him. He stop, he was confused why does he need to say those things? He was a reaper and a reaper never protects, but when he saw hyukjae’s crying face he can’t help but give in and make an assurance that he would never want to see that form ever gain. All he wants is hyukjae’s smiling face. And he sees a close up image of hyukjae smiling, those pretty eyes, his perfect nose, his chubby cheeks and those soft, plump and red lips that feel so warm to kiss. Do I love him? But I can’t im a reaper and it will just get in my job. But he feels the hard beating of his heart again like the first time he saw the other in the hospital, hyukjae makes him breathless, his knowledge makes him more exciting and his vulnerable looks makes him more edible. Eunhyuk, you’re one of a kind. And donghae starts the engine again and continue his drive home.

00000

Morning came and hyukjae happily gets up and get ready, in an hour he hears a car driving in front of his house. He excitedly went down and saw donghae step out of the car. He invites the guy in and the other happily complies. Together with Siwon and sun kyu they eat breakfast and later on leave with their own task. 

“donghae, take care of him.” Siwon remind donghae though he knows that donghae won’t promise it. he’s a reaper after all. But he was glad as he saw the other nods. And with a tug on hyukjae’s arm donghae opens the door of his car and asked hyukjae to go inside. Hyukjae smiled and oblige. He waits or donghae to go inside as well and starts the engine. He looks outside the car window as soon at it starts to move and he saw sun kyu looking at them, he feels a sudden tug in his chest, his son looks problematic as if she was in pain. He wants to tell donghae to stop the car but he was late as donghae already step on the accelerator.
The whole ride he was thinking of what could have made sun kyu upset. His face continues to form unidentifiable expression which is not
left unnoticeable to donghae.

“anything wrong?” donghae ask when he stops at the red lights. Hyukjae turns his attention to donghae and ask the other bravely. “is sun kyu still sick?” his hearts started to thump hard against his chest as he anticipate the answer. Donghae sighed.

“her body is falling. She won’t last long.” And before hyukjae know it he was crying. “but I thought she would be fine after the operation?” hyukjae asked again.

“yes, but … it’s her time.” hyukjae felt something hard hit him at donghae’s final words. He heard it before coming from the same lips. He heard it, so cold and unrelenting. “stop! You’re saying it again as I you’re a god. Stop it!” hyukjae said and tried to take the seat belt of him, he wants to get out of the car, he had a feeling he doesn’t want to see donghae. so when the lights turn red again he finally pulls the safety belt off and run out to the street with teary eyes and wobbly legs. “what’s wrong with donghae? why is he cold to me today? I though he… he loves me.” hyukjae asked him self a loud. He was confuse, last night donghae kissed him, and asked him to be by his side and now he gives him a cold scary aura.

He continues to run and run, he was dashing at the streets as fast as he could, escaping the world like a lost child. Until he heard a loud horn, he turns his head and saw a big truck going to his way. He’s going to die, he knows it. there is no way he could be safe, but before he closed his eyes he saw a bright light coming his way blinding him to the reality of being hurt and the next thing he knew he was lying on donghae’s lap with the other hugging him tight against his chest. He sobs and donghae hears him. “eunhyukkie~” he sounds so worried. “don’t do that again.” And he could feel how donghae pulls him to his body and enveloped him to a bone crashing hug. Hyukjae could feel donghae’s body trembling with fear as he held him, “hae … im sorry.” He said and circles his hands on donghae’s neck.

00000

Why did I save him? im a reaper, yes, but it’s not his time yet, I saw his life span so is it ok for me to do the saving? But why me? This is getting me confused; I don’t know what to do. What If he… what if it was his time and I save him again, I would die. I would make a mistake. Ok, donghae. This is the first and last time you’ll save him. Just wait for what will happen to him. Just wait and If it’s his time i'll take his soul. Donghae said to himself as he drives to hyukjae’s building. He suddenly stole a glance to the other and saw him looking at him. 
“what? is there a dirt on my face?” donghae asked him and looks straight on the road again. He saw hyukjae shook his head in the mirror. “I was just wondering. You’re always saving me. are you, are you an angel?” and eunhyuk laughs at his silly question realizing how stupid he was to ask donghae. “why are you laughing?”

“sorry, don’t mind me. I feel stupid.” Donghae stops his car in front of hyukjae’s office and rest his arm on the other’s shoulder asking him to stay for a while. “don’t worry about sun kyu, god wants to be with her any time soon. Accept it eunhyuk. Let her go if it’s time.” hyukjae can’t help but feel sad at donghae’s words but he know the other got a point but it was hard, why does every one he loves needs to go and leave him. Unknown tears start to fall again. He could feel donghae’s slender fingers tracing the wet line created by his tears. He then looks up and was welcomed by donghae’s mouth. It was a simple peck reminding him that the other is by his side. 

“thank you.” And hyukjae opens the door and went down. Donghae followed him and held his hand while they go inside the building. Once in the office, hyukjae’s secretary welcomes him with a teasing look and nodding his head towards donghae. Hyukjae blush and donghae tighten the grip on his hand.

“by the way, sir your uncle is here.” And hyukjae feels nervous, his uncle is here, the one suspected by Siwon, donghae feels hyukjae stiffen and he let go of the other’s hand only to wrap his arm on hyukjae’s waist and hold hyukjae’s hand with his free hand. “I’ll protect you.” He whispered against hyukjae’s ears and the other relaxed.

“hyukkie~” his uncle said when he saw him and donghae comes in. “long time no see. Im glad you’re safe I’ve heard you’ve been hospitalized. How are you? I feel worried.” He continues to talk. Hyukjae smile, “Im ok, by the way uncle I want you to meet doctor lee donghae.” and donghae let go of hyukjae extending his hands to the old man in front but never losing the brave and strong aura.
“oh I see, dr. lee, the god’s messenger? So it’s true that you’re dating.” He said and hyukjae can’t feel any bad vibes from the old guy, this guy his uncle is the only one who cares for him when his parents died of the accident, he can’t see why Siwon suspects him of being the master mind in his assassination. He was so closed to this guy; he was his only blood related family. Hyukjae then thought that Siwon was just mistaken, he smiled. “good catch hyukkie.” The old guy continues to tease hyukjae.

“stop it, it’s embarrassing ajjushi. By the way, what took you here?” hyukjae asked. “it’s about the papers I asked you to sign hyukkie, did you finish it already?” his uncle said and sit back on the couch. Hyukjae followed him and frown as he remembers the large file of paper presented to him before. “I can’t sign it uncle, it’s … it’s illegal. I can’t do it.” he remembers the contents of it, it was a disgusting business plan and he would rather get bankrupt than to sign such an evil plan. “but hyukkie, it’s or the business.” Hyukjae shook his head. “I won’t uncle and it’s final.” The old guy stood up, so he’s being a good guy again, he’s too weak as much as I don’t want to do it I have to continue my plan. Im sorry hyukkie. “ok I that’s what you want. I won’t push you. Forget about it.” and hyukjae feels happy how the older guy agrees on him, and now he was really sure Siwon is just mistaken. 

The old guy leaves hyukjae and donghae alone, hyukjae looks at donghae with a pleased look on his face but soon fade as he saw donghae’s expression. “hae?”

“don’t get near him.” donghae could read the old guy’s thoughts earlier he saw how the other plans for hyukjae’s death as if hyukjae is not related to him, he was angry, he was furious at the thought of a human being so selish. “why?” he hear hyukjae said. “please, don’t go near him.” and hyukjae could feel again donghae’s body against him. “hyukkie, don’t be hurt If someone bad to you die ok?” donghae whispered making hyukjae confused. “don’t cry for some one who betray you.” Donghae continue but part of him regrets saying it because he knows he was tricking hyukjae when he took his memories about him and his real identity. But he feels hyukjae nod, and it was too late to take his words back.

Must read because I have to apologize:
im sorry the story is getting confusing for me as well. Let me take time to think and contemplate with my story. I have lots of ideas for the fic but as it keeps coming the plot is making me confused and more, im losing the fic’s storyline so if you see some date flaws ignore it. Just think that angels and humans’ time runs differently, ok? Im really sorry, forgive me ok? And im losing my sense of english, every time I start to write im lacking of the correct words that I need. Sorry for the poor grammar. I hope you will still be with me until I got these things better, and I accidentally deleted my chapter one post but luckily got a copy o it in my laptop but all your comments are gone. Im sad.:(