GRIM REAPER: personification of death |UPDATE 1

grim reaper: personification of death

 

It’s been a month since the hostage incident and hyukjae was very happy with his decision, the old guy is a very good guy, he’s been taking care of hyukjae and making sure that he’s in good hand. Siwon as well was feeling good towards the man; he’s letting hyukjae to go anywhere he wants as long as the guy is his driver. But then,

“ajjushi what took you so long?” hyukjae asked because this is the first time that his driver Is late for work. “im sorry kid, there’s just a small problem in the house.” The old guy sighed. “you won’t be sighing that hard if it’s really small.” Hyukjae said as he notice the big bags under the man’s eyes.

“you never fail to notice kid. Ok as much as I don’t want to tell you I know how stubborn you are.” Hyukjae pouts but smile as he saw a bit of change at the man’s expression. “you know you can’t resist me ajjushi.” Hyukjae teases hoping that the change would continue but he failed as the guy sighed again. “kid, we are kick out from our house.”

“huh? Why? Aren’t you paying rent?”

“of course im paying, with the salary you’re giving? Of course I would pay.”

“then why?”

“the owner sell the lot to a company and… you know, it’s ok because we have money to rent another the problem is they kick us out without even notifying us, we’re in shock. And we don’t have a place yet, im late because im trying to find a new place, I don’t want my princess to sleep at the street even for a night.”

“ajjushi, that’s not a problem, you know that I want you to move here right? This is the right time.”

“but you’re help is too much and to think we meet in a very unpleasant way. You know, I just can’t tell if you’re kind or just pure stupid.” The old guy laughs and put his palm on top of hyukjae’s head. The other just smile, “come on ajjushi, im doing this for your daughter, she’s a family to me as well and if you live here there would be no worry that you’ll be late for work.” It’s now hyukjae’s turn to tease the old guy.

“ok we will. I’ll get her and our things once I drop you to the office, Now come on before your employees get sad for not seeing their pretty boss on time.” hyukjae blush and silently entered the car.

While driving.

“hyukjae, I’ve notice that you’re a little pale today. Are you sick?” the driver asks worriedly. “no, just suffered from headache last night. The new project is a bit complicated.” Hyukjae explained. “for you to say it’s complicated it must be really tough.”

“why’d you say ajjushi?”

“because you’re a genius when it comes to business and I’ve never seen you in a bad condition before. You should consult a doctor kid. Oh and timing, dr. lee is always visiting my princess to check on her condition every day and today since we’re living at your house he could check on you too.” the old guy smiled differently as if suggesting more than a doctor-patient relationship but hyukjae shrugged it off.

“you’re right ajjushi. Oh im here. Thank you.” Hyukjae get off and waves the guy goodbye.

>“eunhyuk, I’ll pick you up before dr. lee comes to visit. You need to see him.” hyukjae smile hearing the nickname that the old guy gave him and the concern gives him a warm feeling. He waves and nod as sign of approval. It’s been weeks since the old guy started to call him eunhyuk, the guy told him that he’s like a beautiful jewel, so precious yet not as boastful as gold.. He’s just like silver, unique and precious but never be boastful.

>He went inside his office and starts his normal routine. By lunch time, his secretary told him that siwon is waiting for him; he almost forgot that they will have lunch today because of the project he is holding. Like the old guy said hyukjae is a genius and truly hard working and a job will always be easy especially if hyukjae handles it but this time it’s different, the new business is really big and for the passed few days his been suffering from continues headaches and it’s not really helping. He really must see a doctor, by then he remember what the old guy said, dr. lee donghae would be checking on him and somehow he feels giddy, it’s been a long time since he last saw the guy. he can’t wait to talk to him again, he has a very good sense of humor and hyukjae like humorous guys.

“hyukkie~ you’re spacing out. What are you thinking?” siwon place his hand on top of hyukjae’s. “you seemed happy. Care to tell me?”

“yeah, ajjushi decided to move in with his daughter. Im happy because I will have new housemates.” Hyukjae said everything except for the fact that he’s having headaches and he will see a doctor because for sure siwon would be exaggerating and would be worried to death. After the lunch siwon bring hyukjae back to the office only to see the old guy waiting for them already.

“yah, eunhyuk where have you been? I told you I would fetch you early.”

“I ate with siwon.”

“oh that’s good. Come on, you need to go home now. The doctor would be there in no time.” He opens the door for hyukjae.

“my things are still in my office I will just—“

“I will bring it home for you. Go now, you didn’t tell me you have an appointment to a doctor. I could see you’re pale today. Go ahead. I’ll be there soon.” Hyukjae sees the worry in siwon’s eyes he smiled and kisses the tall guy on the cheeks. “thank you, don’t forget to bring my favorite, ok?” hyukjae reminded and jumps in to the car. Siwon waves good bye and soon hyukjae is comfortably sitting at the living room waiting for his turn to be check.

“you’re recovering really fast. Continue drinking you medicines ok? And here.” Donghae hands a cute plushie to the girl then he turns to hyukjae. “nice to see you again mr. lee, now you’re pale. And I see you become thinner. Are you eating well?” donghae ask. Hyukjae stills silent, he can’t lie he’s not quite eating and if not for siwon he won’t be eating at all, his work is making him busy. “I see, you need some rest and healthy foods mr. lee.” Donghae said as he continues the check up. “you should drink vitamins too.” hyukjae just nod he don’t know what to say, he can’t promise that he would be resting because his of his work.

“hyukkie?” there comes a surveying voice from the door.” Hyukjae stood up and waves at siwon. “he runs to guy excitedly and pulls him. “siwon I want you to meet dr. lee donghae.” he said. Siwon smiled. “oh hyukkie, I know who dr. lee is. Right hae?” donghae smiled as he sees the confused look on hyukjae’s face. “yeah we know each other mr. lee. Im a doctor and he’s a police and we’ve been working together for sometime now.” Hyukjae was enlightened. “oh I see.” He blushed. “now mr. lee would you sit down so we could continue our check up?”

After the check up hyukjae invited donghae and siwon for dinner, they both agree and the dinner turns out to be the welcome party of hyukjae’s driver and his daughter. After that they shared the cake that siwon brought, he never forget hyukjae’s favorite-strawberry cake. They’ve talked about lots of things and discover lots of things with each other. And for the first time hyukjae forgets the project.

00000

It was the day of presentation, the day hyukjae has been preparing for. He dressed in his best suit and dashed out to the car. He is very excited and at the same time nervous this is the first time his dad lets him handle a big project so he’s very proud that he was able to finish it. on the way, the old guy notice that there’s someone following them. He reminded hyukjae to be careful and hyukjae just nod, the old guy told hyukjae to call siwon and hyukjae did just to make his ajjushi a bit calmer.

Everything is fine, until it’s time to go home. Hyukjae is about to get in to his car when- BANG!- a gun shot was heard, siwon immediately pull his gun out and look for the source of the noise. He asked hyukjae to hide inside the car but then another shot was heard which sends hyukjae’s driver to the ground panting death with blood pooling out of his chest. Hyukjae rushed to him and held him in his arms.

“siwon! We got to call an ambulance.” Hyukjae shouted hysterically. “siwon! He’s bleeding! Siwon!!” by then security guards came and run after the guy who shot hyukjae’s driver, and ambulance came and carries the half dead guy.

“ajjushi im sorry. Those bullets are for me. im really sorry.” Hyukjae cried as he holds the old man’s hand on their way to the operating room. “don’t be sorry. Eunhyuk, don’t cry. Don’t cry my precious silver. Take care and take care of my princess as well.”—“what are you saying? Don’t talk as if you’re gonna die. Ajjushi please be strong.” Then he let’s go of hyukjae’s hand.

Hyukjae saw donghae went passed him. “he’ll die.” He heard donghae whisper and went inside the operating room. He feels the sudden changes of donghae’s attitude as if he’s not the smiling doctor he first met.

“sir, im sorry.” One of the nurses said. Hyukjae doesn’t understand. “dr. lee said it. he’ll die and … im sorry but expect it sir, dr. lee was never wrong.”

“but the operation’s not yet over. He will survive, he’s strong I know it. And donghae is not a god! He can be wrong.” Hyukjae cried, shaking and falling on his knees, part of him doesn’t’ want to believe donghae but part of him is saying that donghae could not be wrong.

The next thing he new he was lying on a hospital bed with siwon holding tight in his right hand. He opened his eyes slowly and blinks several times to make the sleepiness go away. Then he remembered what happen. He burst into tears and siwon can’t do anything but hug him and make comforting circles at his back.

“why? The girl still needs him. Why’d he left?” Eunhyuk said between sobs. “it’s his time.” hyukjae heard a familiar voice and look up only to see donghae’s face. It was as serious as last nights, he was frightening. “you could have save him. you let him die. You let him die because… you’re mean, you’re an impostor! You’re not god’s messenger! you’re not! How could you let a good man die? How?” hyukjae shouted hysterically as he throws fist to donghae’s chest. “Such a girl.” Donghae hissed and grab hyukjae’s wrist up to his head. “siwon, hold your girlfriend and I’ll give her something to make him calm.” Hyukjae looks at donghae’s eyes, he was different, he’s not the real donghae, he’s different, he’s not the caring doctor, the smiling and trustworthy guy. “you’re not a doctor! You’re not the donghae I knew!” and before hyukjae sees black he hears donghae’s response. “you’re right.”