Chapter 7 - "Do you want to date me ?" 3rd flashback

Time will tell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in the days, Kim Taeyeon was Baekhyun’s dream girl. She was one of the most popular girls in high-school, and of course, one of the most beautiful. Her angelic face and bright smile made her fanclub (because yes, she had die-hard supporters who would do anything for her) squeal.

The girl wanted to get into the entertainment industry by becoming a trainee. She had a heavenly voice and everyone was convinced she would make it big when she would debut. Her dream was the most important thing to her, and nobody could get in her way to success. She was confident, not afraid of the choices she made, and never had any regrets. She always gave her everything in order to succeed, to fulfill her goals. If she wanted something, she would do everything to make it hers.

Before, Baekhyun wasn’t the same person that he is now ; he was full of insecurities and had a low-self esteem, so he admired people like Taeyeon, who had such a strong will and a determined personality. But, his admiration changed into another feeling, that he thought was love. So, when she asked him to go out with her as her boyfriend, he couldn’t even believe it. He got so carried away that he didn’t even notice that their relationship was unhealthy. Baekhyun would never tell Taeyeon about his dreams and the future that he planned for himself, because all that mattered was what she wanted, what she pursued. And it never occurred in the puppy-eyed guy’s mind that his oh-so perfect girlfriend was only using him like a nice distraction, as a shiny trophee meant to be showcased.

So he fell in love, hard, too hard. But he didn’t realize his love was a one-sided love, and that they were not soulmates in any way. He was the one who loved her unconditionally. When Baekhyun reflected on it, it always felt kind of weird to be uneasy telling what you had on your mind to the person you love and thus who should be the most understanding.

And then, at the beginning of their senior year, she broke up with him. That’s when he had to suddenly wake up from his dream and was reminded to the cruel reality.

« What have I done wrong ? Please, don’t. Don’t do this to me. I… I love you. »

« Hyun-ah… you make it harder for both of us, just let go. Let me go. »

« Tae… »

« Aish… can’t you see you’re being a hindrance ? »

After that event that depicted his first-ever heartbreak and became the entire school’s issue, Park Chanyeol started acting weird. He sort of gained interest in Baekhyun. The latter didn’t even see it ; it’s not like he paid attention to the tall and popular guy, nor was he interested in him. He had more important things to take care of. Truly, he wasn’t aware of that fact until Kyungsoo told him about it, even though he wasn’t even in the same class as his friend. Therefore, Baekhyun became over-conscious of Chanyeol’s intimidating presence, because he trusted his best-friend’s instinct, and the doe-eyed male told him to be careful around the « hunk ».

« It’s okay, maybe he is having a… ‘passing infatuation’, no need to stress myself over something as insignificant as this. It doesn’t look like he has a crush on me or something » he liked to reassur himself inwardly. Turns out he was terribly wrong.

 

 

Baekhyun’s head was resting in the crook of his arms, his face against the cold surface of his desk. He pretended to be asleep, for him not to hear the other students’ whispers. They were glancing at him, thinking that he couldn’t hear them nor see the judgmental looks smeared on their faces. « If only… »

At that moment, Baekhyun wanted desperatly to go, far, far away. Somewhere where no one would pity him. He wished to be alone, to let his tears fall freely, without a single soul around him to care enough about his private matters being such a controversial subject.

« Byun Baekhyun ? »

Lost in his thoughts, the brunette lifted reluctantly his head to look up at the one who spoke, and he froze at the sight of the one who stood before him.

« Umm…yes ? »

« Do you want to date me ? » asked Park Chanyeol.

Everyone near them went quiet, and an incredibly tense silence fell in the classroom.

 

 

« And your answer is ? »

« I don’t know why you’re suddenly saying that to me… »

« You really don’t know ? »

« No. Are you pulling a prank on me or something ‘cause I… »

« I don’t have time to waste in pulling pranks on people. But what ? You don’t like me ? »

« Well it’s not that I don’t like you. It’s just… » « That I feel really uncomfortable around you » Baekhyun wanted to say.

« Then let’s date. I don’t see why we can’t. Let’s do it, okay ? » he said, smiling gently and grabbed Baekhyun’s hand. The latter swiftly removed his hand from the other’s, slightly uncomfortable. « I don’t know why but his smile looks… forced ? Why though ? » he thought, intrigued.

A flash of surprise passed on Chanyeol’s face, so quickly that Baekhyun thought that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter