Chapter 6 - "Crazy stalker" 2nd flashback

Time will tell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do Kyungsoo always had some kind on seventh sense. He could tell if people told him the truth or not, and he was practically infaillible. He could even clearly draw a line between authentic people and fake ones, solely based on his gut feeling. Whenever he made new friends, he knew he would be committed to them, so he would always chose them very carefully ; for him, friendship was a very important thing exclusively established on trust. If that trust happened to be betrayed, he would automatically cut all ties with the person he used to call his friend. They were only two people in the whole entire world who passed the « test » and met his expectations : Luhan and Baekhyun.

These two individuals were his best-friends since God knows when, and they never failed him, not even once. He knew he could count on them at anytime, and they were also aware that the feeling was mutual. Kyungsoo knew Luhan and Baekhyun like the palm of his hand. Even though he never really showed his emotions to his childhood friends, he cared for them more than anyone. They accepted him for who he was, with his flaws and qualities, and that’s all that mattered.

Also, Kyungsoo was able to notice some small details in people, like his fellow high-school classmates he came accross everyday, that nobody would ever pay attention to. Even if he met someone for the first time, he could point out different aspects of the personnality of that complete stranger just by looking at him. He would use this ability at his advantage, to prevent anything bad from happening to him or the ones he holds dear. According to a specific point of view, he may seem like a cold and manipulative guy, but he was just very perceptive and observation was his manner of getting to know an unknown person. Moreover, in the process, he noted similar behaviours, that were even worse than his own ; he then decided he didn’t want to deal with those kind of questionable demeanors.

So, when Baekhyun, one of the most significant person in his life, started going out with Kim Taeyeon, he was deeply concerned.

First of all, he never liked Taeyeon. He could see her deceitful nature through all the bright smiles she kept having. He could truly see it all. Even Luhan, who was the most gullible person on earth, thought she was shady. But they put up with it since Baekhyun was so blinded in love with her. Kyungsoo knew that even if he told him to be careful, his advice would not be taken into account, since the latter idolized the bleached-blonde haired girl so much. The doe-eyed male knew his friend would be heartbroken at the end of the day, but he was also aware that he couldn’t do anything about it.

That’s why he wasn’t shocked nor surprised when one day, news broke that the Baekyeon couple was not a thing anymore. It occurred during senior year ; summer break had ended and school just started. This time, Kyungsoo and Luhan were not in the same class as Baekhyun. Nevertheless, the best-friends still managed to see each other at lunch break or whenever they had some spare time.

« Gossips sure travel fast » he thought, disinterested. By the time he reached his locker, he had already heard all of the craziest rumors about Baekhyun and Taeyeon. « It became such a hot topic and less than 24 hours have passed… » Some students he didn’t even know kept giving him persistent stares, but he just ignored them. Taking a deep breath, he tried to calm his temper. « What the do they want ? Bloody hell, I wasn’t there, how could I know what happened ? And if I did, do they really think I would tell them about it ?! Those tards ! » he muttered for himself. He then saw Luhan trying desperatly to make his way to him in the excited crowd of high-schoolers.

« Geez… such a mess » the deer-like guy sighed when he arrived at the other’s level. « Kyung’, I think you should already have heard about the talk of the town by now. Where is Baekhyun so we could go and pick up his remainings ? »

« I think he went home. His classes finished earlier than ours and with all this madness, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t want to be the center of attention… »

« So what can we do now ? »

« I’m not sure if we could do anything about it. We can only wait and let things die. »

However, one week later, nothing had changed. The entire high school’s attention was still focused on what happened and the ones who were involved. As the days passed, Kyungsoo got even more annoyed than he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter