Chapter 4

Time will tell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One month later…

« Hmm excuse me ? I just heard that you are the one who planned all this, is that true ? Because this place is to die for ! A real masterpiece. I mean, it’s so beautiful and exquisite ! I can’t believe I never heard of it before, how did you find it ? » asked excitedly the stunning woman facing Baekhyun. The latter was actually appreciative that someone had such great interest in his work. However, he was really embarassed because he had literally no idea who on earth he was talking to. Hopefully, the complete stranger wearing a fancy high-end champagne colored cocktail dress seemed to perceive his discomfort.

« I’m so sorry ! I didn’t introduce myself though. I’m Mabel Yuan. I’m an actress in case you didn’t know. I’m from China » she said with a blinding smile.

« Ooh, I see… » exclaimed a flustered Baekhyun. « I’m very thankful that you like my ‘masterpiece’, but I have to admit that it was really nervewracking to find the perfect venue. Nevertheless, I only want the best for my clients and this place also holds a special meaning in my heart. »

« Wow, you are really passionate about your job ! But are you close to the bride and the groom ? I’ve seen you talking with the other guests so I thought that you shared a link… » she continued, genuinely intrigued.

« Ah, you mean Junmyeon and Yixing ? Yeah, I’ve known them since our high school days » he explained.

« Really ? My fiance is the same ! What a coincidence… But would you mind telling me who I have the honnor to speak to ? »

« Excuse me, where are my manners ? » He made a quick bow « Anyohaseyo, I’m wedding planner Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you… »

« Omo, really ? You are the one and only Byun Baekhyun ? The celebrities’ favorite wedding planner Byun Baekhyun ? »

He smiled humbly, while she carried on, looking like the ultimate fangirl « I heard that you organized Song Hye Kyo’s and Song Joong Ki’s secret marriage in Europe, is that true ? »

« I’m sorry, I’m not allowed to reveal anything on my clients’ identities based on professionnal secrecy » he answered, trying hard not to chuckle.

Nevertheless, she gave him a knowing look. « Anyways, can I have your business card ? You see, I’m getting married very soon… » she showed the huge diamond on her ring finger « … and I might need your help to prepare for my D-day ! »

« Ss…sure ! It would be my pleasure. » The woman had such a bubbly and optimistic personality, it was hard to resist her.

« Thank you so much, I really enjoyed your company but I got to go, my fiance must be looking for me. I hope to see you very very soon !»

Baekhyun smiled, while she disappeared in the crowd of guests.

 

 

« Long time no see Baekhyun-ah... » uttered a sultry voice he knew all too well.

His dazzling smile quickly faltered when he recognized the person who just spoke. Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon.

« You don’t seem really happy to see me though » she said, with a sly smirk on her red lips.

« Why would I ? It’s not like I still care about you. » And he knew, at the exact moment the words came out of his mouth, that it was true.

« It’s not what you said when you begged me not to break up with you, back in our days. »

He tried to ignore her and turned his back on his former lover, but she swiftly wrapped her arms around his torso. « Like a snake » Baekhyun thought, disgusted. « Such a low blow, even from her. I should have known she would be here. »

For someone from the outside, they could look like lovers, who were sharing a very intimate back-hug. But it was far from being a reality.

« I really, really missed you Hyun-ah » she whispered in his ear, which made him quiver with disgust. « Do I look like I give a damn ? » he responded, and tried desperatly to get her hands off him, but she wouldn’t let go. « I want you back. »

He freezed. In the past, he would have been so thrilled by her words. However, that was before. Before he realized how you really treat someone when you are in a relationship. Before he met Chanyeol. So he spoke with a cold yet composed tone. « But don’t you remember ? It was you, who wanted to break up with me. I was just a pawn in your game, nothing more, nothing less. »

« It was you, who said that I was a hindrance to your dream, Taeyeon-ah… » Baekhyun added with an arrogant smile, while gently removing her hands from his body. The singer suddenly lifted her head, her soft features altered by anger. « So do you believe that Chanyeol wants you back ? You think that he is going to come back to you, isn’t it ? But, sweetheart, he has alrea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter