Chapter 2

Time will tell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thursday

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Incheon International Airport. Local time is 10 p.m and the temperature is …”

The flight attendant’s last announcement stirred Baekhyun from his deep slumber. He briefly glanced out the window of the airplane : it was pitch black outside but he could still see the beautiful city lights of Seoul shining in the darkness. While suppressing a massive yawn, he put on his dark Gentle Monster shades to make sure no one recognized him.

« It feels good to be back » he thought as he jumped into a taxi bound to Luhan’s and Kyungsoo’s flat. He sent a quick text to the Chinese man « Just hopped in a taxi, I’m heading home now. See you very soon. »

During the car ride, Baekhyun recalled all of the happy and blissful times he spent with Luhan and Kyungsoo in the apartment they once shared together.

He really missed Luhan a lot. He remembered that back in New York, he was still hurting, so he focused his entire attention on his studies and didn’t really spent time with his deer-like friend.

And he missed Kyungsoo even more. When he left for America, he didn’t say properly goodbye to the latter, nor did he kept in touch with him. The two were his best-friends since as long as he could remember and he felt guilty towards them.

When he finally arrived, he hesitantly unlocked the front door, feeling nervous all of a sudden. « Luhan ? Kyungsoo ? » he asked, unsure, before entering. But only silence and total darkness answered him.

He furrowed his brows slightly and looked at his watch. 11 p.m. Still standing in the entrance with his huge suitcase, he texted Luhan once again « I’m already here, where are you ? » However, a few seconds after he sent his message, he heard the door behind him reopening and someone asking « Luhan ? What are you doing in the dark ? »

 

 

Do Kyungsoo was having a really, really bad day. To make it short, he got fired. He had to admit that it was for the better. To be honest, his boss was an who thought that Kyungsoo’s unique task was bringing him lunch or coffee. He was a secretary for God’s sake, not an intern ! He couldn't even talk about his ty life with Luhan, because the Chinese stylist was always out doing god knows what until late at night.

He let out an exasperated sigh, opened the door to his apartment and spotted a figure in the obscure entrance. « Luhan ? What are you doing in the dark ? » he called out. The man turned around and Kyungsoo immediately realized his mistake. This person couldn’t possibly be Luhan. When Luhan headed to the office this morning, he wasn’t wearing an all-black outfit like the stranger that was standing in his hallway. « Could it be the Grim Reaper ? Is he coming for me ? » he thought for a brief moment. « What the heck Do Kyungsoo ? Pull yourself together ! »

« Who the hell are you ? » he asked with a calm tone, while turning on the lights. « Get the outta here while I’m asking nicely »

« Aah, it feels so good to be home ! I missed you, you know ? » the other replied with an overdramatic tone.

Caught off guard, Kyungsoo exclaimed a vibrant « What ? »

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter