Golden Light

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request from fadingdarkness

Totally random shipping, but how about you try writing Jungkook and Baekhyun? Lol I really liked watching them dance to Rainism. Too bad there wasn’t more interaction between the two. In general I don’t think Jungkook has interacted with EXO that much if at all.

 

Word count: 1699

 

 

 

 

 

If you had asked Jungkook how it had happened he wouldn’t be able to tell you because even he didn’t really know.

 

Jungkook wasn’t someone that could just walk up to a stranger and start talking to them. He wasn’t a social person, never had been and his unwillingness to interact with people socially had been his downfall especially during his school days. He was quiet and was content to blend into the background and watch the people around him which is why he didn’t have any friends.

 

Baekhyun was the exact opposite. He was loud and brash, jumping from person to person like an excited puppy. He revelled in the attention, always being in the centre. He was someone who made everyone laugh with his quick thinking and witty comebacks, his personality earning him the title of beagle which suited him to a ‘T’. He didn’t seem afraid of social interactions. Something which he didn’t have.

 

Jungkook often found himself becoming jealous of people like that.

 

They hadn’t interacted much before. Jungkook tended to stay away from those he didn’t know, using s as shields to keep others away. It had worked with outstanding accuracy until one day it didn’t.

 

He had managed to somehow get separated from s, leaving him on his own and looking around almost frantically for them when he had bumped into a smaller body, yelping slightly as a head collided with his chin. He had looked down to see Baekhyun who had a hand on his head, the warmth from his hand soothing the bump. Jungkook had blinked owlishly at the elder, eyes widening in panic and he had registered what had just happened, scared that the singer was going to tell him off.

 

Instead, Baekhyun had just smiled at him, lips forming into a rectangle showing pearly white teeth. “Wow, that chin of yours could kill someone!” he laughed, eyes shining with what Jungkook identified as mischief.

 

“Ah, oh my god I’m so sorry!” Jungkook had apologised but Baekhyun had simply waved him off.

 

“It’s okay, I wasn’t looking where I was going anyway.”

 

“I didn’t even see you.” He had said, freezing when he had realised the implications behind his words. “No! I didn’t mean it like that!” he blurted out worried that he had offended the older man but he only gazed at Jungkook with a look that said he was clearly amused by how flustered he had made the younger.

 

“You’re cute.” Baekhyun said, smiling. “We should hang out some time.”

 

Jungkook stood stunned as Baekhyun walked away, trying to process what had just happened. He’s forced out of his musing when someone collides into his back, arms wrapping around his chest and squeezing him tight.

 

“Kookie, there you are! I’ve been looking everywhere for you.” The familiar voice of Taehyung came blaring into his ear. “What are you doing standing around like you’ve just discovered the meaning of life?”

 

“Oh, ahh… nothing.” He said dumbly, allowing Taehyung to pull him back over to their members, chatting his ears off along the way.

 

Hours later his phone had dinged, an unknown number flashing on the screen. His brows furrowed and confusion. He started at in for a while, thumb hovering over the home bottom in apprehension, wondering if it was some crazy fangirl who had somehow gotten a hold of his number. After a moment of deliberation he finally clicks on the message.

 

From: Unknown

Hey, it’s Baekhyun! I got your number off of Tae, I hope you don’t mind

 

‘No, it’s fine sunbaenim’ he had replied, cringing as the reply as soon as he had hit sent but inwardly panicking.

 

From: Unknown

Hey, none of that ‘sunbaenim’ nonsense. Baekhyun or hyung is fine. Sunbaenim makes me feel old

 

Jungkook had to laugh at Baekhyun’s reply, practically hearing the whine in his words. ‘Okay Baekhyun hyung’ he typed.

 

From: Unknown

Better :3

Do you want to hang out tomorrow?

 

Jungkook had dropped his phone at the question, scrambling to pick it up from where it had fallen on the ground. ‘Okay’ he typed simply and he received an immediate reply.

 

From: Unknown

Great! See you tomorrow~ o(>ω<)o

 

He rested his phone against his chest, staring blankly up at the ceiling. ‘What just happened?’ he thought. That night as he lies in bed he can’t help but smile.

 

Baekhyun hyung added to contacts list

 

 

~X~

 

 

From that day onwards they met up quite often. The members were happy with that change. Their maknae had finally made a friend that wasn’t them, Seokjin being the mother that he is and nearly tearing up in pride, sniffing ‘My little boy is growing up’ as he wiped imaginary tears from his eyes.

 

Baekhyun would drag him out of the house and take him anywhere and Jungkook would return back to the dorm exhausted and cheeks hurting from laughing and smiling too much. Everyone had noticed the change in their youngest, how much happier had had become and that made them happy, seeing the often recluse Jungkook open up to someone who wasn’t them. They weren’t jealous, though Taehyung often teased that Baekhyun was trying to steal him away and that he would fight for him, waving his mighty sword – a bangtan bomb light stick – in the air, Jungkook shoving him playfully which resulted in them wrestling each other to the floor.

 

December found Jungkook busy in the dance studio practicing the dance for Rainism for the KBS Song Music Festival. He was sweaty and tired, having been at it for hours. He wanted, needed to get it perfect. Rain was one of his idols and he couldn’t do a half assed job of it. It needed to be perfect. Deciding to give himself a break he laid flat on the floor and closed his eyes. He must have drifted off as his eyes felt heavy. Opening his eyes he lets out a startled yelp when he sees a face just centimetres from his own. Baekhyun laughs at his reaction but there’s worry in those eyes as well.

 

“Hyung! What are you doing here?”

 

“You weren’t answering your phone. I called Taehyung and he said you should be at the studio so I decided to pay you a visit.” He answered. Jungkook checks his phone and low and behold there are multiple messages and missed calls from Baekhyun.

 

“Sorry.” Jungkook mumbles running his hands down his face, feeling the sleep that had crusted in the corner of his eyes and wiping it away.

 

“It’s fine.” Baekhyun says, smiling at him kindly though there’s something in that smile that Jungkook can’t quite place. “You’ve been working hard, you need the rest.”

 

“I’ve rested, now I need to get back to practicing.” Jungkook says, standing up.

 

“Why don’t you teach me the dance?” says Baekhyun. Jungkook is about to say no but the expectant expression the elder is giving him completely changes his mind.

 

“Sure.” In the back of his mind Jungkook knows that Baekhyun is trying to make him take a break but he can’t bring himself to care all that much.

 

They laugh as Jungkook teaches Baekhyun the steps which soon turns into them just fooling around. Song long forgotten Baekhyun plugs his phone into the stereo, his own music coming out of the speakers. They have no idea how much time had gone by when they finally stop dancing they’re panting, lying spread eagle beside each other on the dance room floor. Despite their bodies feeling exhausted they’re smiling brightly.

 

Jungkook lolls his head to the side to see Baekhyun gazing at him warmly. His heart speeds up and butterflies flutter in his gut at the look. Suddenly his mouth feels dry so trying to wet his lips with his tongue is futile. He doesn’t realise that their faces are getting closer and closer together until their lips meet. Jungkook doesn’t know what to do. He never been kissed before, never experienced the feeling so he lets Baekhyun take the lead as by the others actions he seems to know what he’s doing.

 

Their lips move together, Jungkook picking up quickly what he’s supposed to do. It’s wet and sloppy and usually Jungkook could cringe away from something like that but at this moment it doesn’t bother him. He’s never felt anything like that but he finds himself enjoying it.

 

They part to catch their breaths, lips close but no longer locked together. Jungkook can’t believe what they had just done, can’t believe that Baekhyun had kissed him and that he had kissed back. He had never thought about kissing anyone before, let alone a guy but for some reason it doesn’t faze him. It had felt right and if it had felt right than there couldn’t possibly be anything wrong with it, could there?

 

“What are we?” Jungkook breathes, his quiet voice appearing louder than it is actually is in the quiet room.

 

“We’re us.” Baekhyun answers straight away and Jungkook likes the sound of that.

 

“Us has a nice ring to it.” He says.

 

“It does.” Baekhyun agrees, leaning forwards for their lips to meet again.

 

 

~X~

 

 

They dance to Rainism together at the Golden Disk Awards, bodies knowing every move as if it’s second nature. Jungkook doesn’t think that he could ever forget, not after the memories that had been made when they had learnt it. It something that he wants to hold onto for as long as he can.

 

Baekhyun stands to the left of Taehyung while he comes to stand on the right, strategically placing Taehyung between them so he wouldn’t be tempted to touch the older man. Jungkook doesn’t miss the looks the other passes him and he’s sure Baekhyun doesn’t miss the ones he gives in return. They’re the only two that know and their content for it to stay like that for the time being. They don’t want to put a label on it. They’re ‘them’ and they’re content to stay like that. They’ll take everyone one day at a time. It’ll be their little secret.

 

He couldn’t tell you how it had happened but he doesn’t care.

 

He’s just glad it did.

 


Now this was an unusual pairing but I love it! I'm pretty sure this is the first Baekhyun/Jungkook fic in existence and I'm pretty proud of it (at least I haven't come across any). Baekhyun, Jungkook and Taehyung dancing passionately to Rainism is now my new aesthetic.

I was going through my list of requests and noticed that there are a lot of hidden Omega fics. You guys sure love them don't you haha.

And guys have you heard? CBX IS DEBUTING IN JAPAN IN MAY!! ARGHH I'M SO EXCITED XD Their live line was so adorable :3 Jongdae like always takes the cake for me. Him imitating Gudetama and a cat was just purfect~ ;) My 'You Never Walk Alone' albums arrived the other day, now I just have to wait for Taemin's 'Press it' and Jonghyun's 'She Is'

Vietnamese translation: https://www.wattpad.com/story/118556996-golden-light-exo-bts