Woes of a Leader

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request from Bobpaullee

What about some leader/leader action? Junmyeon and Namjoon ing about the woes and hardships of being a leader. You know burning off some tension. The leads to them burning off some tension in another way

 

Word count: 1842

 

 

 

 

Leader: noun; the person who leads or commands a group, organisation, or country

 

They were both well aware of what the word meant, of what the job description entails. They had known what they had to do, how much they would have to sacrifice to lead a group of seven to twelve members. While one group had dropped down to nine, it hadn’t made it any easier. They had to put their own needs behind those of the members they were supposed to take care of, nudge in the right direction.

 

Don’t take it the wrong way, they loved their members, but sometimes it was all too much, too much for them to handle.

 

Junmyeon had trained for seven years. Seven long years where the hope he had to debut was getting smaller and smaller every year as his friends got their time in the spot light, as new trainees – all eager to succeed with bright eyes and hopes of making it big – replaced the ones who had lost it. He was soon to join them but his last efforts had paid off. Looking at Jongdae and Baekhyun who had trained for less than a year, he had felt something stir inside of him. Why did they get to debut when he had struggled for longer than their dreams of becoming a singer had been realised. As soon as those thoughts had come to mind he had been crushed by guilt. It wasn’t their fault, why should he take it out on them? So instead, he focused his efforts on helping them get up to speed. He was the most experienced so it was his duty, wasn’t it?

 

It was only natural that he was named the leader. He had accepted the position proudly, but with burdensome thoughts. What if he wasn’t good enough? He represented not only the group, but the company as well, what if he screwed up?

 

Namjoon was just a man passionate about music who wanted to share his own interpretations of it with the world. He had grown up in a strict household, his father pushing him to achieve well in school. He parents hadn’t agreed with his love of music and performing from the start, even going to the extremes of throwing out his equipment and hiding his lyric books. That hadn’t deterred him, in actual fact it had only made him try harder. He had struggled for a long time. The underground crowds were far from inviting. No, they were vicious and mean. No one pulled any punches, something which he had learnt quickly.

 

It was by chance that Bang Sihyuk found him, a youth who rapped and wanted to spread the influence of hip hop. Thus, the idea of creating a hip hop group was born. Rappers came and rappers left, the first to stay was Yoongi, a rapper/producer from the underground of Daegu, Hoseok, a dancer from Gwangju coming soon after. Soon, their rap group was filled with a mixture or rappers, dancers and singers, much different from what it had originally been. Namjoon had known from the start that he would eventually become the leader, as the founding member it only made sense.

 

Neither of them had been prepared for the amount of support they had received, EXO hitting it big with Growl and BTS doing the same with I Need U. With their rising fame came the added pressure. Longer practices, more television appearances, less sleep, became the new norm. With their growing fan-bases came bigger fan wars and criticism. However, that had only helped in bringing the two groups closer together.

 

Junmyeon, after appearing as a guest on the show Namjoon was on, the two had gained a connection through sharing their own woes and hardships of each leading widely successful groups. They had exchanged numbers after the recording, keeping in touch ever since. Junmyeon, while closer to Hoseok and Taehyung, found it easy to talk to Namjoon, to tell him about his worries and stresses. Namjoon feeling the same. They could understand each other.

 

Their groups had become so intermingled, members catching up with each other, interacting during award shows as they tried not to pay attention to the feuds brewing. They were stupid, couldn’t they tell that the groups had nothing but respect for each other?

 

The end of year awards were coming up and as a result, their stress levels were amped to the max. Preparations, concerts and comebacks had taken up all of their time. There was no time for rest or relaxation, which is why Junmyeon was startled to receive a text not long before bed time.

 

“Need to get away?” It said, eyes flashing to the messenger’s name. Junmyeon worries his lip, wanting to but knowing he shouldn’t. Too caught up in his thought’s he doesn’t notice someone reading over his shoulder until that person speaks.

 

“You should go.” Yixing’s voice startles him, nearly causing him to drop his phone. “Go and spend some time to relax. You need it the most.”

 

“But-“ he’s cut off.

 

“I’ll look after everything here. Don’t worry, hyung.”

 

Jumnyeon furrows his brows. “Okay.” He says finally, Yixing smiling at him, pleased that he had given in.

 

“Where?” He types. He doesn’t need to wait long before there’s a reply.

 

“Room 1601.” Is what it says.

 

Gathering his wallet, phone and shoes Junmyeon makes his way over but not before checking that Yixing will be okay, only leaving after he’s reassured that “Yes hyung. I have everything sorted.”

 

As he knocks on the door, he doesn’t know why he’s starting to feel nervous. ‘Maybe I’m just scared that someone would see’ but he knows that is couldn’t be that as the floors ten and up had been restricted from civilian access. Namjoon opens the door, a tired smile on his face, bags under his eyes and Junmyeon knows that what he sees on the youngers face is reflected on his.

 

“Hey hyung.” Namjoon greets the elder, voice sounding just as exhausted as his face suggests.

 

“Hey.” Junmyeon smiles at him, walking into the room when Namjoon gestures for him to come inside.

 

They sit on a three seater lounge, each leaning back against an arm rest, facing each other. Namjoon is the one that breaks the silence first.

 

“So, how are you hyung?”

 

Junmyeon knows he doesn’t need to lie, knows even if he did Namjoon would see right through him. “I’ve been better.” He admits, sighing deeply.

 

Namjoon nods in understanding. “I know the feeling. It’s been… stressful, to say the least.”

 

“Do you…” Junmyeon pauses. “Do you ever, do you sometimes wish that you were somewhere different, somewhere else. Somewhere you didn’t have to worry about anything, what the world thinks of you, some place where no one can pick you apart and bring all of your weaknesses to the surface to be laughed at and ridiculed because of them.”

 

“Sometimes. But then I remember how many people are counting on me, how many people I’ve helped, even if it means that I’ll continue to suffer to bring them happiness.” He says, looking at him so openly.

 

“It’s just, it’s hard. It’s so hard to be someone that has people who rely on them. It’s so hard I sometimes find myself wanting to give up.” His voice starts to turn frustrated. “I’m not good enough.” He says sadly and Namjoon is worried by how sincere he had sounded, almost like he believes the four words he had just uttered.

 

“You are! Hyung, you’re more than enough!” he said, voice coming out louder than he had intended. “Don’t think that about yourself. Junmyeon, you’re perfect the way you are.” His words and the way he had said it creating a new tension in the air, one that was so palpable it could practically be tasted.

 

They stare at each other, both stock still. A pin could drop and they would be able to hear it clearly. Junmyeon swallows hard, breaking eye contact with the younger leader.

 

The next thing he knows he’s being pressed into the lounge, warm lips up against his own. He doesn’t know what makes him but he’s kissing back, hands bunching the front of Namjoon’s shirt. Their tongues play, battling for dominance before Junmyeon surrenders, letting the younger man take full control.

 

Namjoon breaks the contact but is soon moving down Junmyeon’s neck, pressing open mouthed kisses and light nips to the skin. Junmyeon gasps, head falling back which fully exposes the column to Namjoon’s actions.

 

Namjoon bathes in the noises that are coming out of the older mans mouth. He may not be a main vocalist but his voice is melodic, music to his ears. At just the sound he can envision hundreds of melodies to describe it. He itching to write them down, work never ending but for Junmyeon he would make an exception. Right now, Junmyeon is what he needed to focus on, who he needed to take care of.

 

“Let me show you just how perfect you are.” He whispers into the shell of his ear, causing shivers to crawl across his entire body.

 

He knows he should stop, knows he shouldn’t let it get any further but he can’t bring himself to pull away. Instead he pulls Namjoon impossibly closer, grinding up against him, eliciting a hiss from his lips.

 

He doesn’t know how they do it but they stumble to the bed, collapsing onto it, Namjoon’s body hovering over Junmyeon’s, taking in his red lips and eyes full of lust, need and want. He doesn’t know if his he’s ever seen anything as beautiful as Junmyeon is in this very moment. Before long, clothes are being shed, leaving them completely bare and open for them to explore.

 

Their bodies line up with one another’s, moving together like waves in the ocean, advancing and reseeding like the tide. In the aftermath of pleasure they lie beside each other, chest heaving almost violently, their sweat slicked skin shinning even in the dimness of the room. As they calm down, hearts no longer threatening to burst out of their chests, the reality of the situation comes to them.

 

Junmyeon is surprised that panic isn’t what he feels, instead all he can feel is an overwhelming feeling of content. Something which causes him to smile. Seeing the expression cross the elders face, Namjoon smiles as well. Wordlessly he brings and arm to wrap around Junmyeon’s waist, pulling him towards him so his back is pressed up against his chest, hand settling on the older mans belly.

 

Namjoon feels as Junmyeon sighs, brings his hand to rest atop of his, lacing their fingers together. Nothing has ever felt so right. They both hope that this won’t be a one-time occurrence.

 

If anyone notices that Namjoon and Junmyeon are in a better mood the next day, no one questions it. Sometimes, somethings are best left unanswered.

 


I can't believe how fast I got this done. 3 hours is probably a new record for me. I wanted this to be happy but it ended up being angsty as hell. Today has been a really good day, finished writing this, finding out that BTS IS COMING TO AUSTRALIA HELLZ YEAH and Jongdae releasing an OST for Missing 9 tonight. The only thing that wasn't good it Maccas running out of sweet and sour sauce but that was okay because I have like a stock pile at home.