Hopes and Promises

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by Xiuchenlover

I’ve recently seen a couple of interviews where Minseok refers to Jongdae as his wife or refers to their relationship as a marriage and I was hoping you might like to write something about Minseok and Jongdae actually being secretly married and Minseok brazenly referring to Jongdae as his spouse/comparing their relationship to a marriage because he knows fans will just assume it is fan service, but it makes Jongdae flustered and uncomfortable.

I was thinking that maybe Minseok teases Jongdae about their so called “marriage” during an interview and afterward Jongdae yells at him for being so brazen when they are trying to keep their relationship a secret. He’s not really angry though, maybe he even secretly gets off on the idea of Minseok outing their relationship. Basically, I think it would be nice to read a fic where Jongdae pretends to be angry with Minseok for referring to their relationship as a marriage in public and Minseok makes it up to his husband with .

Other members of EXO can know about their marriage or it can just be their little secret. Fluff or angst or both is welcome.

 

Word count: 2167

 

 

 

 

 

The first time Jongdae had just counted it as a slip of the tongue, something that he had just forgotten to sensor and Jongdae had let it slide despite the fact that he may have experienced a few minor heart attacks.

 

The second time he had counted it as coincidence but he still jolted at the mention of it.

 

The third time, well that definitely wasn’t a coincidence. Jongdae looked over to Minseok with wide eyes, shocked at what had just came out of his mouth for the third time in a span of less than ten minutes, in front of all of their members and tens of thousand fans recording the entire thing on camera and he knew that those recordings would end up on the internet for millions more to see.

 

Jongdae glared at Minseok who had the audacity to smirk at him playfully, completing his smug look with a wink and heart made with his fingers, the fans screaming at the interaction. Definitely not a coincidence.

 

Jongdae felt an embarrassed flush work its way up his neck and onto his face and tried to school his expression into a smile, like he was just playing along with what Minseok had said, like it didn’t make him want to run over to the elder and shake him, asking him what on earth he was doing saying things like that. The screaming from the fans did nothing to help him fight off his embarrassed flush, if anything it only made it worse.

 

And still Minseok had that smile on his face, one Jongdae wanted to smack right off. The elder knew what he was doing and it both baffled him and frustrated him that he was doing this with the knowledge that it was something they wanted to keep hidden, something they had both decided to keep hidden. Who knows what would happen if word got out.

 

No one knew.

 

Their members had been kept in the dark just as their families had been. It was safer that way, for both them, their members and their families. They could all loose so much if it their secret was revealed. Only the two of them knew.

 

They were married and had been for the last two years.

 

They had been married at a private service consisting of only them and the priest in a small garden attached to a hall while they were in Mexico. They knew their marriage would not be recognised in the eyes of the law in their home country but that didn’t mean anything to them. The ceremony was short and sweet as they exchanged their vows and slipped on each others rings. They spent the rest of the day and well into the next morning consummating their union with their bodies.

 

They had returned to their members the next day, tired but happy, their rings safely kept in a little bag in their back pockets.

 

It had hurt not being able to tell anyone that they were together, that they were married, but it was for the better. It’s not like they didn’t trust them because they did, it’s just they were scared that someone outside of their circle would find out not that they would do it intentionally but it was easier when kept between just the two of them.

 

There had always been something between them from the first moment they had contact with each other. There was this spark that drew them together like magnets. It was unexplainable. And that unexplainable feeling had lead them where they are today and it was something they were incredibly thankful for.

 

Back to the present Jongdae tried his hardest to keep his gaze from landing on the elder as he was sure that he was bound to yet again turn as red as a tomato in a mixture of embarrassment and slight anger. He made an aggressive mental note to have a discussion with Minseok when this was over.

 

Only that didn’t happen as Minseok had been able to successfully distract him with risky touches and a whispered promise of much more when they were behind the four walls of their shared bedroom, his concerns having been forgotten and pushed to the back of his mind.

 

It wasn’t until a few weeks later when it happened to come up again. To be completely fair Minseok hadn’t been the one to bring it up first as their ‘married-like’ relationship had been one of the questions, so it hadn’t been completely his fault but Jongdae really should have expected Minseok’s answer.

 

Jongdae had tried to steer the question in another direction, one that he had thought would work and would have worked if Minseok hadn’t added onto it, at first with things that they did regularly together, which was fine, until he decided to add something that he thought was quite unnecessary.

 

“Just like a normal married couple.” He said and Jongdae’s eyes widened in surprise. He tried to laugh it off but he didn’t know how convincing it looked. Baekhyun had smiled at Minseok’s words and Jongdae’s reaction. Jongdae knew he found it amusing and teased them for it on many occasions.

 

For the rest of the interview Jongdae felt unsettled and uncomfortable. Minseok’s comment had thrown him off. To make matters worse he could feel the elders leg pressing up against his own and his eyes gazing on his face intently while he was talking. It seemed like hours before the staff called a close to the shoot. Baekhyun had been whisked away immediately to attend one of his solo schedules while Jongdae and Minseok were put in another car to be taken back to the dorms.

 

Jongdae made sure to keep as far away from his husband as he could, taking the front passenger seat so there was no likelihood of Minseok sitting next to him. He saw Minseok frown at the move, the elder proceeding to pout the entire way home. Jongdae wanted to coo at his actions but remembered just in time that he was still annoyed at him, remembering that he deserved it.

 

Ignoring him was difficult.

 

He kept finding his eyes drifting over to the rear view mirror to look at him, though he would quickly advert his gaze back to his phone where he mindlessly scrolled through articles that he wasn’t even particularity interested in, the droning of the car radio filling the unusual silence in the car.

 

They walked up to their dorm with the silence still covering them, Jongdae in front of Minseok leading the way. Minseok had tried to slip his hand into Jongdae’s but the younger had refused, putting his hand in his pocket instead. He could feel Minseok burning holes into the back of his head and it sent shivers down his spine.

 

As soon as they entered their thankfully empty dorm Jongdae turned around and glared at his husband.

 

“What was that?”

 

Minseok stopped. “What was what?”

 

“You bloody well know what.” He snapped, annoyed that Minseok still wanted to play.

 

Minseok looked at his frazzled husband and sighed, deciding that it was best to not act stupid. “I don’t understand why it bothers you so much. So what if I tease at it? The fans all think that it’s just a cute relationship.”

 

“Minseok, it’s supposed to be a secret!”

 

“It is a secret and still is a secret.” He countered calmly. “No one actually thinks that we’re together. What’s the harm in going along with it?” Minseok asked and Jongdae pursed his lips, arms crossing across his chest. “So what’s the real deal, Jongdae?”

 

Jongdae frowned as he looked down at his feet. “Just, stop it please.”

 

“Not until you tell me what’s really bothering you.” He said with an air of authority, though it was still kind and not forceful.

 

Jongdae groans in frustration, running his hands down his face as he begins to pace, finally seating himself down on the couch in the lounge room after Minseok had carefully pushed him in that direction.

 

“Come on babe, tell me what’s wrong.” He says and he looks so worried Jongdae just wants to wipe that look off his face because it just doesn’t belong there.

 

“I hate lying to everyone. I hate that we can’t share this with the people that we love because of people and their closed minded views. And it sort of feels like we’re rubbing it in our members and fans faces every time it comes up in conversation.” He admits.

 

Minseok cups the side of his husbands face and sends him a look that’s so full of knowing. “I know it’s hard and I know it’s unfair. I also feel at times that we’re betraying the ones we love in order to protect them. Sometime I think that we’re being selfish and that we’re protecting nothing but ourselves. But it’s for the better, at least for now.”

 

Jongdae nods because Minseok had just perfectly described everything he had been feeling in words. “I just – I just wish people didn’t view this as wrong because it’s not. We love each other and that’s all that should matter. What does gender have to do with love?”

 

Minseok doesn’t answer but he does hug the younger to his chest. It’s something that’s been brought up in conversations between them more often than they can keep track of. It’s always managed to bring the mood down. But Minseok knows that while what Jongdae was saying earlier was true, he knows that there’s something else, another reason why Jongdae had reacted in the way that he had to his casual teasing of their relationship.

 

“There’s something else though, isn’t there?” He asks, mischief heaving in his voice and Jongdae looks up, a look of caution developing that replaces the sadness. Minseok places a hand on his husbands inner thigh that makes the youngers breath hitch and clueing him in on what Minseok is getting at.

 

“N – No.” he stutters.

 

Minseok hums. “I know you like it. I know it makes you excited. The fact that no one knows, the fact that everyone thinks we’re just joking when in reality it couldn’t be any closer to the truth. You may not admit it but I know you get a rush out of it when our relationship is flaunted in front of everyone’s faces and they don’t even know the truth.” Minseok smirks and Jongdae’s face reddens. “Don’t try to deny it. I saw the way you squirmed when I called you my wife that time. I can see the pride in your eyes when people call us a married couple even if they don’t know that we already are.” By the end of Minseok’s spiel he’s talking huskily in Jongdae’s ear, his hot breath tickling at his neck and Jongdae can feel he hair stand on end.

 

“W – Well maybe I don’t hate it completely.” he confesses, voice shaking and Minseok laughs.

 

“I’m glad you’re being so honest.” Minseok begins to nip at his neck and Jongdae giggles at the ticklish feeling before when his husband palms at his hardening member through his jeans.

 

“Not ahh – not here.” Getting the hint Minseok lifts Jongdae as he stands up so the youngers legs are wrapped firmly around his waist, the elders hands cupping his to keep him supported and from slipping down.

 

Jongdae chuckles. He had always enjoyed the feeling of the elders strong arms supporting him. Jongdae noses at Minseok’s neck and takes pride in the way his husbands muscles tense. When Minseok reaches their shared room he closes the door with his foot, Jongdae’s laughter at the action causing Minseok to smile at the sound he loves so much.

 

While Minseok sleeps peaceful after their activities Jongdae lies in his arms, his back to the elders chest who has his arm resting around his waist. Jongdae stares at his palm, two rings shining even in the darkness of the room. He smiles at what they represent, their love for each other and their promise to stay by each others side.

 

He places the rings carefully back inside their bedside table and burrows back into the familiar comfort of Minseok’s warmth. His husband unconsciously tightens his hold around his body, pulling him even tighter against his own.

 

Jongdae hopes that he’ll be able to enjoy this for the rest of his life, just like had had promised the day they became each others, the day they pledge to stay by each others side through sickness and in health and until death do they part.

 

They only hoped that someday they would be able shared it with the ones they loved, to officiate it on home turf surrounded by their family and friends.

 

Maybe in the future they would adopt, have their own family. A girl and a boy. An older sister to look after her little brother. That was the dream.

 

One they hoped to achieve.

 


Another drabble done and dusted! I thought this one was going to be longer but I was surprised at how short it ended up being. I honestly love Minseok and Jongdae's relationship so much which is no surprise really. They are my EXO OTP after all. It's actually a pretty good coincidence that this chapter turned out to be the next one.

Something arrived in the mail today, something that if you live in Australia would definitely know about it having heard it pretty much everyday on the news. For those of you that don't I'll give you a brief summary. About a week or two ago it was confirmed that a postal survey about whether or not Australian law should be changed to allow same marriage would go ahead. Despite many attempts at multiple parties to put a stop to it it was passed. Mine arrived today and I'm not going to hesitate to admit that I ticked yes. Really, it should have happened years ago. I hope with this we can finally take a step forward in giving all Australian's equal rights to marry who ever they choose irrespective of gender in the county they live in. I'll always be one for marriage equality.

The track list for 'Her' has been released and it's not a mini album at all. There's 9 tracks (8 if you don't count the skit) and I don't really consider that a mini album. Kcon is coming in quick, less then two weeks. I seriously can't wait.

Oh and guys, I did a thing. It would mean a lot to me if you checked it out here