Drunk

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by Jungkooks_bae

Could you possibly make one (OT7) where Jungkook gets drunk and he passes out in an alleyway and the hyungs are panicking and are like ting themselves and they somehow find him. If it’s not too much trouble could you only make it strictly platonic?

 

Word count: 2830

 

 

 

 

 

He hated the taste of alcohol. Absolutely hated it.

 

He hated the way it burned his throat, the way it settled heavily in his stomach, the way his body disagreed with it and he hated it when it would eventually come back up in an effort to purge the poison from his body.

 

He hadn’t been of age for long, only a couple of months and he could count the amount of times he had drank something alcoholic on one hand. He wasn’t fond of the stuff and everyone around him knew that due to the event surrounding his birthday celebration. He had had one to many, wanting to celebrate the fact that he was now of legal drinking age rather than the fact he actually liked it. Each drink was hard to get down but he threw them back like no tomorrow. He hadn’t even made it to twelve in the morning before he was puking his guts out in the bathroom.

 

Which is why he didn’t know how he found himself in this situation, drunk and stumbling down the footpath with no idea where he is or where he’s headed, not able to think straight. He had lost all of his inhibitions hours ago with each concoction of god knows what alcohol that he chugged down, ignoring the burn and unsettling feeling in his stomach.

 

He should have been cut off after the first few drinks but they just kept on coming, the bartender seemingly not caring about his condition. What could he say? He wasn’t in the nicest part of town but a business was a business and he was providing it with what kept a business afloat. By the time he had finally left he was barely able to stand, the bartender not even sparing a glace as he stumbled out of the bar. He didn’t care for his welfare.

 

He felt a vibration in his pocket, one that had become a constant over the hours but he hadn’t the energy nor the conscious thought to check where it was coming from and why. The sickening feeling in his stomach suddenly magnifies and he nearly kneels over at it. He doesn’t know what happens but he’s falling forward in what seems like slow motion. When he finally hits the ground he barely feels the pain as the feeling in his stomach overpowers it. He crawls to his hands and knees, bleary eyes staring it his own hands as if they don’t belong to him. His stomach lurches as the liquid that he had forced into his body rushes out of his mouth and onto the gritty pavement of the alleyway.

 

The act of expelling the alcohol out of his stomach had taken the last once of energy he had left. With his head spinning he falls to the side, thankfully managing to land just out of the reach of his own vomit before he closes his eyes, the insistent buzzing continuing.

 

 

~X~

 

 

At first they hadn’t worried. There were times that Jungkook would disappear for a few hours only to reappear and apologise for his phone going flat and it wasn’t like they needed to know where he was every second of the day. He was an adult after all. They just couldn’t help it. He was the maknae, the youngest in their friend group and they still felt responsible for his state of being. Jungkook would always reply to their messages even though he sometimes complained that they babied him (though they were sure that he enjoyed the attention).

 

So it hadn’t seemed odd until a few hours later when there had still been zero response with no one having seem him all day.

 

“Guys, I’m really starting to get really worried.” Seokjin voiced to them after another thirty minutes of failed attempts to get in contact with him. “His phone hasn’t been going to voicemail so that means it’s still charged and not turned off.”

 

“He’s glued to his phone. This isn’t like him at all.” Taehyung commented, bottom lip caught between his teeth and frown on his face.

 

“Something has to be wrong.” Said Hoseok, his usual sunny self having been diminished in his own worry.

 

“Should we go out and look for him?” Jimin suggested. There was really nothing else he could think of doing.

 

Namjoon sighed, rubbing his face with his hands. “I think it’s the only thing we can do.” Yoongi nodded.

 

“We’ll look in groups of two and each group will look in a certain area. I’ll go with Jimin, Taehyung and Seokjin, and Namjoon and Hoseok.” They all nodded in acceptance.

 

“Make sure to keep in contact with each other and try to call Jungkook as much as you can. He still a chance he might answer.” Said Seokjin and with those parting words they all set off on the prowl for their brother hoping and praying that he was okay.

 

They searched and searched but still hadn’t found any signs of him. The longer they looked the more frantic they became. They were now positive that something must have happened. This was totally out of the ordinary and not at all something that Jungkook would do.

 

“Where could he be? We’ve searched for ages and we still haven’t found him!” said Jimin as he rubbed his hands together, the air starting to grow colder as the night went on.

 

“I don’t know.” Yoongi said, voice showing his concern. “Try calling him again.”

 

“What’s the point? He hasn’t answered any of the other times that we’ve called.” He said frustrated.

 

“Just do it, you never know.” Yoongi tried to sound hopeful but he was sure that it didn’t sound genuine at all.

 

Digging into his pocket Jimin takes out his phone and calls Jungkook’s phone for the billionth time, it only taking seconds as he has Jungkook’s number on speed dial. They’re both completely silent as it rings, eyes glued to the red call symbol. When they hear something in the distance.

 

“Wait…do you hear that?” Yoongi asks. Jimin tilts his head before shaking it.

 

“No. I didn’t hear anything.”

 

“Quick, call him again.” Yoongi orders. Confused, Jimin does what he says, yet again pressing the call button. They hold their breaths in an effort to make sure they’re completely silent and that’s been they hear it. The buzz of a phone a short distance away. They look at each other in surprise before darting off in the direction of the sound which leads them to a nearby alleyway.

 

Jimin is the first to make it there and when he does he freezes and gasps at what he sees. Jungkook lying on the cold group seemingly unconscious next to a pile of his own vomit. Yoongi is there seconds later and he to pauses at the sight but is knocked out of it much faster than Jimin, rushing over to the out of commission Jungkook and kneeling beside his prone body. His hand immediately goes towards the pulse point on his next, sighing in relief when he finds it beating steadily and thankfully normally. It’s then that he smells it. The strong and pungent smell of alcohol. He wrinkles his nose.

 

“Is – is he okay?” Jimin asks timidly, finally coming to crouch down near the two.

 

“He’s okay, just passed out.”

 

“I smell alcohol. Has he been drinking?”

 

“Yeah and by the looks of if more then he rightly should have.” If Jungkook was awake and coherent he would surely be scolding him but all Yoongi is concerned with at the moment is getting him home.

 

“But he doesn’t even like alcohol.” Jimin comments weakly. It something they all know well.

 

“I know.” Yoongi says simply. “Call the others and say we’ve found him. Tell them to meet us back at mine, Namjoon’s and Seokjin’s place. Oh…and make sure they buy some aspirin. He’s going to need it when he wakes up.”

 

The walk back is long, especially with Yoongi supporting Jungkook’s weight on his back. When they enter the apartment Yoongi dumps Jungkook on his bed, talking off the youngers shoes before tucking him under the covers, turning the light off and closing the door.

 

They had some questions to ask in the morning.

 

 

~X~

 

 

The first thing he was aware of was the throbbing pain in his head. The second was the dryness of his mouth and the queasy feeling in his stomach and it didn’t take a genius to figure out why he felt like that.

 

He opens his eyes and groans, squeezing them shut when the light coming through the curtains piercing into his eyes, amplifying the throb in his head. He turns on his side and slowing opens his eyes again, a glass of water and two white pills catching his attention immediately. He’s washes the pills down with the water mentally thanking whoever had left them for him. He doesn’t remember a whole lot from the night before but he knows that he regrets everything that had happened.

 

He just wants to curl up and never leave the room to face the music that is ultimately waiting for him outside. He recognises the room he’s in as being Yoongi’s which means he’s at his three oldest hyung’s shared apartment. It’s also safe to assume that the others are also waiting for him. He sighs and sits up, lethargically moving to the door, the movement making his head ache and body scream at him to cease all activity.

 

Opening the door gives him the worst feeling in his stomach, this time one of extreme nervousness. He doesn’t think he’s ever been this nervous to see his friends since the first time Taehyung and Jimin had introduced him to the rest of them.

 

Seokjin is the first one he sees. He’s in the kitchen at the stove and cooking pancakes by the smell. He turns when he hears Jungkook approaching him and instead of greeting the younger with him usual smile his face his blank. He nods to acknowledge his presence and then turns his attention back to the stove. Jungkook lowers his head, feeling ashamed. A voice startles him so bad that he jumps.

 

“Don’t stand in the doorway where people need to walk. Go sit down or something.” Yoongi grumbles, words lathered with his usual blunt nature and it makes him breathe a little easier. He sends Yoongi a grateful smile though he’s unsure if he sees it, what with his eyes still half lidded with lingering sleep and hair a complete and utter mess.

 

Jungkook takes a seat at the table, eyes watching Seokjin as he mans the stove. He’s really the only one out of them that can cook. A cup of steaming coffee is placed into front of him. He looks up and sees Yoongi with his own. Yoongi only really becomes part of the living after he has his morning caffeinated beverage. His takes a sip and nearly moans at the taste.

 

“Thankyou hyung.” He mumbles gratefully and only receiving a grunt in reply.

 

By the time he had finished his coffee the rest of the gang had migrated their way to the kitchen, their stomachs rumbling at the enticing smell of Seokjin’s pancakes.

 

“God those smell so good.” Moans Taehyung, mouth practically watering.

 

“They’ll be done soon.” Seokjin replies to Taehyung’s whining plainly, his cheer absent. The mood is felt by everyone around the table.

 

Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung try to lighten the mood by starting a conversation, occasionally getting the others to join in but the tension is still blatantly present. With the pancakes finished Seokjin places the pile in the middle, everyone immediately reaches out and grabs one but Jungkook is the only one who hesitates when he sees Seokjin looking at him with an unreadable expression on his face. Unable to look at him for too long without wanting to melt into the back of his chair Jungkook directs his full attention to his breakfast.

 

They eat silently, something which never happens when they’re all together. It’s almost eerie. It feels unnatural.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jungkook suddenly says, unable to handle the stiff atmosphere any longer. Everything stops like someone had pressed the pause button on the remote. “I’m really, really sorry.” He apologises again.

 

“You’re damn right you better be sorry.” Hisses Seokjin. “Jesus christ Jeon Jungkook do you have any idea how ing worried we were about you?” he yelled and Jungkook looked down in guilt. It wasn’t often that Seokjin swore and when he did it was because someone had done something wrong, either angering or upsetting him.

 

Jungkook risks a look around at the others who all seem like they’re leaving it up to Seokjin to scold him. Taehyung seems like he wants to come to his defence but is kept quiet by Hoseok’s hand on his shoulder. As much as he would like someone to defend him he knows that he deserves it. He had worried them to the point of panic.

 

“How could you be so stupid and irresponsible?! Do you want to know how we found you? Passed out in some alleyway next your own vomit! You were so unresponsive Yoongi had to carry you back!” he glares at the younger with all of his might. “You’re lucky nothing else happened to you! You could have – “ he pauses, trying to fight down the tears that suddenly tried to fight their way out. “ – what if none of us found you? You could have died alone in some scummy alley and none of us would have known. Why would you do something like that to yourself?” he says.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jungkook says quietly, voice full of regret and with tears falling down his face. “I’m sorry.” He says again, hands coming up to cover his eyes. He wants to hide away from the world.

 

Arms come to wrap in in a hug. He opens his eyes to see who it is and what he doesn’t expect is for it to be Seokjin who was hugging him, not after the lashing he had just given him.

 

“ Kookie, I’m sorry but – look at me – you scared the out of all of us.”

 

“Seriously man, we were all worried as hell about you.” Said Namjoon.

 

“When me and Yoongi saw you on the floor I literally couldn’t move. I didn’t even know if you were alive, you weren’t moving at all.” Jimin’s voice shook at the end.

 

“Why would you do that to yourself? You don’t even like alcohol.” Asked Hoseok. They were all wondering the same thing.

 

“I-I don’t really know. I felt a little depressed and somehow found myself at a bar. I wasn’t going to drink anything but the bartender suddenly put a drink down in front of me and I thought it would be rude if I refused so I drank it and then more kept coming and then I don’t know, I don’t remember a whole lot.” He admits.

 

“Kid, you gotta learn that it’s okay to say no. I’ll tell you this now but I ain’t gonna be carrying your limp anywhere anytime soon.” Yoongi says as blunt as ever, something which startles a laugh out of the group.

 

Jungkook wipes away his tears, his eyes stinging from crying.

 

“If you feel like that you can come to us for help, you know that right? What are friends for?” Seokjin hugs Jungkook to his side, smiling at him for the first time that day and he’s relieved to see his hyung looking at him like he usually does. Jungkook nods. He’s learnt from his bad choices. The terrible feelings of a hangover also teaching him a lesson as the throbbing in his head once again makes itself known. He grimaces which only prompts Yoongi to laugh.

 

“It’s not a pleasant feeling, is it?” he smirks.

 

“Well, I don’t know about you guys but Overwatch is calling so if you’ll excuse me.” Taehyung’s runs off, Jimin and Hoseok running off behind him. Seconds later they can hear a commotion as the three fight over the controller.

 

“Children. They’re all children.” Namjoon mumbles. He then looks at Jungkook. “Well, are you going to join them?” he asks, eyebrow raised. Jungkook thinks about it for a moment before getting up and darting to the battle for the controller.

 

Seokjin, Yoongi and Namjoon smile at their antics, a smile which turns to a frown when a series of loud thumps are heard.

 

“Hey, keep it down in there! This is our house not yours!” yells Yoongi, a chorus of ‘yes hyung’ being heard. “Jesus I’m too young to be a parent.” He sighs.

 

“Wait until you actually have kids then.” Seokjin laughs.

 

“Hell no.”

 

“You say that now.” Points out Namjoon.

 

“I say that from here until I’m cold and in a coffin and I expect you all to attend my funeral.”

 

“Sure, whatever you say.”

 


First let me start off by saying I've never been drunk and have no plan to do so any time soon so I don't know how it feels to be drunk. I myself don't really enjoy alcohol all that much and as you can see I've sort of projected that into this drabble. And before some of ya'll jump to conclusions I am of legal drinking age (it's 18 in Australia).

My albums arrived the other day and I was so happy! For version A I got Baekhyun's card, version B I got Sehun's and for the Private version I got Junmyeon's card. I always manage to pull Sehun and Junmyeon. I ad already ordered Jongdae's card in advance so I was happy that I didn't actually pull him. I also ordered Chanyeol's version A card because it has Jongdae on the back. I may actually collect all of the comic cards as I really like them. Poster wise I got Sehun, Minseok and Jongin along with a few freebies. I got their XOXO poster, their Miracles in December poster as well as their Lucky One poster which I already have. I ordered mine from Kpoptown and noticed when I was watching unboxing videos that depending on where you ordered them from the freebies that you got were different. I'm going to need to buy new bookcase to store my albums as I've nearly finished the one where I'm currently storing them in especially when I plan on getting EXO and BTS's earlier albums (my BTS collection starts at HYYH Part 1 and EXO at EXODUS).

Speaking of BTS I'm eagerly awaiting their comeback. It feels like it's been way to long since they've put something out when it actually hasn't been all that long.

The dates for Kcon Australia have been released as well as most of the acts which include Monsta X, SF9, Girls Day, Up10ntion, Victon, Pentagon, Wanna One and WJSN with I think one more yet to be announced. I want to go so bad but seeing as I went to BTS I'm not going to be able to afford to fly over to Sydney again to go. I'm super bummed about it but there's not a lot I can do. Hopefully if they hold here again next year I'll be able to go then but we'll see.

Well, I'm going to end my little talk here and finish the last of my notes for Uni tomorrow. Have a nice day or night depending on what time zone you're in :)

[EDIT] EXO HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED FOR KCON AUSTRALIA I'M ING CRYING! TT