Unwelcome Encounters

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by Faith+Benton

Jungkook has a run in with a sasaeng fan and gets hurt and is scared. And how the others react and handle it. It could be that he got separated from the rest but I’ll leave that up to you if you want to do that or have him coming back to the dorm alone because he stayed out late at the studio.

 

Word count: 2380

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook had a bad habit of disappearing from his hyungs sights. It wasn’t like he did it on purpose it just sort of happened…all of the time. He tended to get distracted easily, his curiosity needing to be fulfilled when he had seen something that had caught his attention. Usually one of the members would keep an eye on him to make sure he didn’t wander off to far, or someone would accompany him so he wasn’t alone, so no one would get overly worried.

 

They didn’t tend to go out that often anymore. It had become too hard. They would usually get bombarded with fans and get to a point where it was unsafe for everyone in the vicinity. There were times when they are able to successfully sneak out but they were few and far between.

 

What they had found was that it was safer while they were overseas. They still wore face masks and tried to act as inconspicuous as possible but they were not recognised as frequently as they were when they were in Korea. This gave them the opportunity to explore the countries that they visited even though they never had long to do so.

 

They had just finished one of their concerts overseas when Taehyung had suggested they go out and explore the city. They had all agreed. It would be nice to go and stretch their legs while enjoying the city of a night time. Their manager had also given them the all clear, something which they were usually hesitant about.

 

“You boys deserve to have a little fun.” They had said. “We’ll stay here but make sure to call us if anything happens.”

 

They had smiled widely at their manager, thanking him over and over again for letting them do this. However they all knew that even if he hadn’t given them his permission they would have found a way to get out, something they had done on many occasions before. Where there was a will, there was a way and weren’t they damn good at finding it.

 

With their faces completely void of makeup and masks covering their mouths they set off into the night, a buzz of excitement surrounding them.

 

“Make sure to keep close to one another.” Yoongi reminded them, all nodding at the eldest rappers words.

 

“Let’s go then!” Said Hoseok, doing a little dance to show how happy he was. They all smiled at the dancers actions fondly.

 

As a group they walked the streets, pointing out things that caught there attention as well as stopping to take pictures, some that were bound to end up on their twitter page to document their travels and experiences. The fans loved it when they did stuff like that.

 

They had done a great job of remaining unnoticed. People would look at them as they passed by but that had a huge deal to do with how noisy and rambunctious they were being. If they were one thing it definitely wasn’t quiet. Even Yoongi who was often silent – even though he had his moments where he was just as loud as everyone else – was getting into the mix.

 

Jungkook, out of the corner of his eyes spotted something that look unusual. Wanting to get a better look he walked over to it without a word, s not even noticing him breaking off from the group. By the time that he had walked over to the object s were already out of his eyesight, something which he had yet to realise.

 

As it turned out the object was simply a silver can that had been reflected by the light of the moon, something which left him feeling disappointed. He pouted.

 

He turned around in the direction that he and s had been and blinked when he didn’t see them. He was sure they were there just a few seconds ago and that one of them would have seen him leave. ‘Not again’ he sighed. He sort of felt guilty. It’s not like he did it on purpose but it still happened often enough that he should pay more attention to whether or not s had noticed he was gone.

 

Completely forgetting about the can he walked to where he had last seen everyone then he preceded to walk in the direction that he knew they were heading. After walking a couple of hundred metres he stopped when he still could not see everyone.

 

He took his phone out of his pocket with the intention of calling one of his hyungs when he heard a shrill scream that made him jump out of his skin. The next thing he knows his arm is being grabbed and pulled, his phone falling out of his hand and clattering to the pavement.

 

“Oh my god Jungkook is that you!” the voice of a girl screamed. Jungkook’s whole body jerked, his heart beating faster that he had thought it ever had before.

 

He tried to dislodge the girls hand only for his efforts to be in vail as the girl was gripping his arms way to tight, so tight that his hissed in pain. He was sure that the skin would bruise.

 

“G-get – get off!” he yelled in stuttered and heavily accented English, once again trying to pull his arms from the girls grip. Suddenly the girls hand on his arms disappeared which put him off balance. He crashed the ground, palms on his hands and knees taking the brunt of the damage. He scrambled for his phone before taking off in a spirt. In the background he could hear the girl screaming for him, her own footsteps resounding in his head as she chased after him.

 

He didn’t even risk to turn his head to look back. He kept on running. He didn’t know where he was going and he didn’t really care, he just wanted to get as far away from the area as possible. He runs until his legs grow tired and his chest burns. He plops down in a secluded area of a building, making sure that if anyone was on the streets they wouldn’t be able to see him easily of clearly. With how scared he was he’s surprised that he had taken that into account.

 

He leans back against the building, his head tilted up as he tries to calm his breathing. Jungkook stretches out his legs and winces at the sting. The knees of his pants had been ripped open from the fall. They’re bleeding and he can feel and see bits of gravel from the pavement imbedded in them. His palms are also pretty much in the same state as his knees though not as bad. At least the bleeding on his hands had stopped.

 

He turns over his phone and signs when he sees the smashed screen. He had only just gotten it a few weeks ago. He only hopes the phone still works. With shaky hands he presses the home button, his hopes rising when the phone unlocks. Next he presses the contact icon and is relieved when it opens. He’ll need to get a new phone but at that moment the only thing he focuses on is calling for help.

 

He doesn’t even look at who he’s calling as he had just pressed the number that was at the top of the list. He doubts he would have been able to read it very well if he had even tried, the screen being too cracked to see anything that clearly.

 

“Jungkook?” comes the confused voice of Hoseok.

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Jungkook where are you? Why do you sound like that? Are you hurt?” the dancer questions worriedly. He doesn’t like the shake in the youngers voice and the fact that he isn’t with them.

 

“I-I don’t know where I am.” He nearly cries with a weak voice.

 

“Kookie what happened?” he asks and Jungkook can hear the others trying to ask Hoseok what’s going on only to be shushed by him.

 

“I got hurt. Can you please come and find me?” he pleads. He just doesn’t want to be on the streets and alone for any longer.

 

“Hurt? How?”

 

“Just…please.” he begs and Hoseok must sense the desperation in his words and he voices his confirmation.

 

“Okay, tell us what you can see.” Hoseok prompts and Jungkook doesn’t hesitate to relay what he can see. There isn’t a lot that he can see but he tries his best to describe it anyway however it takes twenty five minutes for them to finally find him.

 

When they do they rush to him and Jungkook feels so much relief at seeing them. Jimin reaches him first, immediately dropping to his side to fret over him, the others following just after him.

 

“Jesus Kookie.” Seokjin hisses when his eyes lay upon the youngers knees. They’ve stopped bleeding but the still look bad.

 

“Kook what happened? Did you fall?” Taehyung asks him.

 

“Let’s just head back to the hotel before we interrogate him. We need to clean his hands and knees first.” Namjoon interrupts.

 

Namjoon and Taehyung haul Jungkook up, both supporting his weight as Jungkook puts his arms around their shoulders. It hurts to make any sort of movement. He would ask one of them to carry him but he doesn’t want to burden them anymore then he already has. He also knows it would be faster this way, and faster is what he wants.

 

The entire walk back to the hotel Jungkook is paranoid that the girl that had attacked him was still lurking around the area. Thankfully, due to the time of night they didn’t come across anyone but that still didn’t quell his fears. When they enter their hotel they take the elevator up to their room. Their manager is nowhere to be seen. It’s likely that he had already gone to bed.

 

“Set him down on the couch.” Yoongi tells them, Namjoon and Taehyung doing as he had told them. Jungkook still has his phone in his hand and when Jimin sees it he whistles.

 

“Damn Kook, you’re gonna need to get a new phone.”

 

“Yeah.” Jungkook says plainly.

 

“Take your pants off so I can clean your knees.” Seokjin tells Jungkook. When Jungkook had managed to get them off with the help of Taehyung Seokjin comes and begins to dab his legs with a damp cloth that he had run under warm water. It stings but he bares with it, Seokjin apologising every time he hisses.

 

When he finishes with Jungkook’s knees he moves over to his palms and this hurts more than what his knees had, the skin on his hands being more sensitive. It didn’t take Seokjin to clean them to an acceptable degree and Jungkook is happy when he does. He doesn’t like feeling pain.

 

“I’m sorry…for wandering off again.” he mumbles.

 

“It’s okay.” Namjoon smiles.

 

“How did you hurt yourself?” Jimin asks.

 

“…I tripped.” He said but had hesitated before answering, something which hadn’t been lost on everyone.

 

“Jeon Jungkook.” Namjoon says sternly and Jungkook drops his head in guilt, like a child who had been caught read handed stealing out of the cookie jar. He had been found out. “What aren’t you telling us? You didn’t just trip, did you?”

 

Jungkook gulped hard, his adams apple bobbing. He his lips as he stared at his marked hands. “I – I um…encountered a fan that gripped onto my arm and wouldn’t let me go. She was screaming at me and I kept trying to get her off. When I got her off me I lost my balance and fell over and then I just ran.” He admitted.

 

“Jungkook whoever that was they weren’t a fan.” Stated Hoseok, face completely serious.

 

“Pull up your sleave and show me your arm.” Yoongi orders Jungkook who does it without complaint. Honestly, Jungkook isn’t surprised when a hand shaped bruise can be seen and he also is not surprised by how angry s looked.

 

“In the morning you’re going to tell Manager hyung exactly what happened. I don’t know what the company will want to do but something has to be done. People have to realise that we’re human to so ‘fans’ can’t treat us that they own and can do anything to us without consequence.” The leader preaches and Jungkook can see everyone nodding in their own acceptance of Namjoon’s words.

 

“We’ll talk more in the morning. For now let’s just sleep. We’re flying out in the afternoon.” Said Seokjin.

 

“Why don’t we all sleep in mine and Jungkook’s room, like a sleepover.” Jimin suggests and Taehyung releases a happy yip at the suggestion.

 

“It has been a while since we’ve done something like that.” Hoseok hums.

 

“We’ll I guess it’s been decided then.” Namjoon say, ignoring the mumbling from Yoongi about his snoring because he totally doesn’t snore.

 

“Who’s going to sleep where?” Seokjin asks.

 

“I dibs the bed!” Yelled Jimin, already racing off towards the room.

 

“So do I!” screamed Taehyung as he raced after Jimin.

 

“Wait! Jungkook gets one of the beds.” Namjoon called out.

 

“Me and Kookie can share! I’m small enough.”

 

“I think that’s the only time I’ve ever heard Jimin admit he’s small.” Yoongi comments.

 

“Like you can say anything.” Jimin fires back.

 

Yoongi’s face blanks before turning to one of outrage. “Come here you little brat!” he yelled.

 

“I’m not the only who’s little.” Jimin taunted.

 

The rest of them laughed at the scene, highly amused at what was transpiring in front of them. It wasn’t often that one of them managed to rile Yoongi up.

 

However as amusing as the scene was, it was early in the morning and people were sleeping. Namjoon and Seokjin had to tell the two now turned four as Taehyung and Hoseok had decided to join in, to break it up.

 

It was a tight fit, but they all managed to find a place to lay down and sleep. When the manager had come in to wake everyone up in the morning what he found was the seven boys all squished into one room, most tangled and lying on one another. Before waking them up he made sure to snap a picture of the cute sight.

 


I'm not ready for Uni to start again! Do you know what else I'm not ready for? BTS's comeback in September. Eager to hear what they have in store for us this time. I feel like they've been away for far to long but I hope that they've had some time to rest. I'm still not over EXO's comeback. I've listening to the album pretty much everyday, both the Chinese and Korean version. The performance of 'The Eve' oh my lord...I've watched so many fancams of this performance and the Jongdae ones have officially killed me. Whoever said this boy can't dance can go take a hike and never return. He's so good!

I'm gonna go and have my dinner now so I'll see ya next week~