Comfort

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request from Hana

Can you maybe do something with omega Chanyeol or Jongdae and comfort from the whole pack because of hate

 

Word count: 783

 

 

 

Chanyeol knew he didn’t fit in. He never had. Ever since he was a child he had been labelled as different. He had always been taller than the other kids his age, had ears that were bigger than theirs. He was often picked on but despite that he was a happy child, always smiling and laughing, teeth on full display. He had loving parents, a protective older sister and overall an ideal home life.

 

Chanyeol had always been someone who was eager to please, something which became more apparent as he grew older. It was clear to him and his family that when he finally presented, there was a high chance he was going to be an Omega, something which proved to be true shortly after he had turned fourteen. He wasn’t surprised at the result nor was he thrilled about it but there was nothing he could do. It wasn’t something that you could change.

 

Luckily he had friends, a pack, that helped him through things. There was Baekhyun and Jongdae, his best friends who were both Omega’s with innocent looks but words which could sting. There was Kyungsoo, a beta who claimed he hated the world and everyone in it yet would be the first to listen to your troubles. There was Yifan and Sehun, Alpha twins who were just as tall as Chanyeol and just as awkward. Yixing and Luhan, both Beta’s were always attached at the hip. There was Minseok, a small but sturdy Alpha and Jongin, a perpetually sleepy Beta. And lastly there was Junmyeon, a motherly Beta and ZItao, a bratty Omega.

 

They had all formed an unlikely bond, one of brotherhood forged through tough times. They had all had their fair share of hate directed towards them. Baekhyun and Jongdae being too loud, to ‘disobedient’ to be Omega’s. Minseok, who was ‘too small’ to actually be an Alpha. Yifan, Sehun, Yixing, Zitao and Luhan for being in the wrong county, words like ‘Go back to where you came from’ being shouted left and right.

 

Not matter what had been said, what had been done, they were always there to comfort each other, heal the hurts that had been into them. Most of the time everything was fine. They were sting, they could take it. But sometimes, sometimes it was just too much. Today was one of those days.

 

Chanyeol was absolutely atrocious at hiding his emotions. He was a massive open book, so when he arrived at Yifan and Sehun’s house, they all knew that something was wrong immediately. If the red eyes weren’t an indication of how upset he was, then the furrow in his brow and downturned lips certainly did. Chanyeol could try and put up a façade but it was useless as the eleven of them could see through it without any trouble.

 

Wordlessly Yifan led Chanyeol inside, a comforting arm around his shoulders. Leading him towards the common area they were met with ten pairs of eyes. With one look at the Omega in near distress, they knew what they needed to do. Baekhyun and Jongdae took over for Yifan, hugging their tall best friend between them.

 

In the background the others were moving around. They had a protocol for when something like this would happen. They would all disappear, soon returning with mattresses, pillows and blankets. Pushing the table in the middle if the room off to the side, the mattresses were lain out on the floor, blankets and pillows piled on top of them.

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae shuffle Chanyeol towards the pit, carefully helping him crawl to the middle. When he’s situated on his side, Baekhyun lays with his chest lined up with the taller Omega’s back, hugging him from behind, Jongdae doing the same from the front, sandwiching him between their own bodies. The others look at the scene with grim fondness. They soon join the three Omega’s, lying on the mattresses in a circle, as if forming a protective barrier around him and his faithful companions.

 

Like a dam forced open by torrential rain, Chanyeol’s walls finally break, sobs bursting from his throat and hands the material of Jongdae’s shirt in a punishing grip, knuckles turning white at the force applied. Baekhyun only hugs him tighter, the others moving in closer.

 

They don’t say anything, instead letting him cry it all out. Words would mean nothing in this situation, they know from experience. It’s their presence that matters, it’s enough to heal the hurts inflicted upon them by others.

 

The world was cruel, especially to those who were different. But they had found each other and everything would be alright. They would make sure of it.

 


Here's the first request done and dusted. To be honest. I'm actually quite surprised with how quick I finished this. I love Jongdae (he is my EXO bias) but I have a thing for Omega Chanyeol. There's just something about him being an Omega that draws me in. 

*I'm still trying to recover from BTS's comeback. 'Spring Day' is such an amazing song. Once again, Namjoon has proved how amazing his lyrical talent is. 'Not Today' is such a jam. I can't wait for the music video and the choreography to come out.

Oh, and Happy Valentines Day everyone. If you're like me and don't have anyone, I'll be your Valentine *gives you a big hug*