Pain

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by Faith+Benton

If you could do one about when Jungkook injured his leg during the awards show when he was hanging from the harness and still performed even though it hurts and the groups reaction to it. And the pov from Jungkook and the pairing would for it would be Jungkook/everyone.

 

Word count: 1042

 

 

 

 

 

He immediately knew something was wrong. As he hung there, the MAMA crowd cheering away, the only thing he could think about was the shooting pain in his left leg. When he was lowered to the ground and the support from the harness gone he wanted to collapse to the floor. The pain was intense! It felt like he had been stabbed. Through his haze of pain he heard the call for standby. It was nearly time to go on stage.

 

Composing himself he walked to the stage, hiding his pain under the face of extreme concentration and determination. He couldn’t let anyone see. Couldn’t let anything impact this performance. Everything was riding on his ability to work through the pain.

 

When the opening bars of ‘Blood, Sweat and Tears’ began to play his leg was already yelling at him to stop. He didn’t know if he could do it. Multiple times he could feel his leg wanting to give out. He had started to sweat and this time not from dancing but from the shock he was giving his system, pushing his body past its physical limits.

 

The break between ‘Blood, Sweat and Tears’ and ‘Fire’ was like a god send, no matter how short it was. He spent that time massaging his leg. He knew that at this stage it wouldn’t do any good but he could pretend and maybe then it would somehow make it easier for him to get through the next four minutes.

 

It was perhaps the worst four minutes of his life. His leg was shaking so badly it was practically vibrating. All the while he made sure to keep a smile on his face, no matter how fake it was. He – they – had an image he needed to uphold.

 

When the music stopped and the lights dimmed Jungkook didn’t remember himself ever feeling this happy that a performance had ended. Usually he would be slightly upset, wanting to perform for longer but right now he just wanted the pain to stop. He managed to make it off stage and behind before he collapsed, his left leg completely giving out, him hitting the ground hard and yelping.

 

He can hear the surprise and shocked cries of his band members through the haze of pain. The adrenaline he gets from performing had started to wear off making it unbearable and his dancing sure hadn’t made it any better.

 

“Jungkook! Kookie, what’s wrong?” Taehyung says frantically, cupping the youngers face to reveal one stained with tears and pain filled eyes.

 

“My, my leg.” He strains out, holding the appendage in his hands as if squeezing it would make the pain go away.

 

“Quick, get him up. We need to take him to medical.” Said an unfamiliar voice. Suddenly he’s lifted off the ground and into the arms of someone muscular bridal style. When he opens his eyes just enough to see what’s happening he sees that it’s one of the security guards who is carrying him through the halls with s trailing just steps behind them, all sporting looks of pure worry.

 

It doesn’t take long for them to reach the temporary medical wing that had been set up for the event. He’s placed on the bed and the security guard walks away, probably to go and get one of the nurses. He closes his eye and readies himself for the interrogation.

 

“When did you get hurt?” Namjoon questioned him. Neither of them had noticed Jungkook showing any sign of pain during the performance.

 

He hesitates. “When I was in the harness.” He confesses earing him gasps of shock.

 

“But that was at the beginning of the performance!” Seokjin said in disbelief.

 

“Kookie why didn’t you tell anyone?” asked Jimin astounded that he hadn’t.

 

“Because - because this is MAMA! Because we’ve all worked so hard to stand on this stage, to practice for this performance and I didn’t want all of that hard work to go for nothing. I didn’t want to take this away from you…I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself. I would rather suffer through the pain then do that to you guys!” he yelled as his stunned members. Yoongi was the first to break out of it, giving the younger a disapproving look that Jungkook knew that it meant he was about to be scolded.

 

“Jungkook none of us care about that. It doesn’t matter how hard all of us worked, your welfare is more important to us than any stage.” The older rapper scolded him.

 

“You know how bad it is to perform with an injury. What if you made it worse? What if it doesn’t heal properly?” added Hoseok. Aggravating old injuries and worsening current injuries was something that could end an idol’s career. It happened all of the time with athletes and they were no different. Injuries needed proper time to heal.

 

“Kook, you need to tell us these things.” Taehyung looked at Jungkook with so much hurt in his eyes he could practically fell it, those puppy dog eyes pleading at him to never do anything like that again.

 

“I-I promise.” Jungkook said with his eyes down, the guilt eating at him. He just wanted to do what he thought was best he now realised that what was best was for him to be healthy.

 

“Now when the doctor comes in your going to abide by everything she says and I don’t care what you think but you are banned from dance practice until that leg is one hundred percent recovered, do you hear me?” Namjoon said strongly, finger pointed at the youngest and voive and eyes holding no room for argument.

 

“Yes sir!” Jungkook responded receiving a shove from the leader.

 

“Brat.” He quipped.

 

“Okay, group hug time!” Hoseok announced and immediately everyone piled over to Jungkook on the bed, even a usually reluctant Yoongi had no qualms.

 

They all laughed with each other, being mindful of Jungkook’s injured leg. They probably would have stayed in that position for longer if it wasn’t for the appearance of the doctor who looked quite surprised to be greeted with a pile of seven young men balanced on a narrow hospital bed.

 

It definitely makes as an interesting first impression.

 


I'm great a titles aren't I? *I say sarcastically* Honestly titles have always been my achilles heel.

Now something I'm sure all of us have been waiting for for a very long time, EXO's long awaited comeback! And can I just say that they killed it! The visuals for the MV were amazing, I loved the colours. And can we just bless the gods because I don't think Jongdae has ever gotten this much screen time in an EXO MV then what he did with KoKoBop. Everything for this song was actually pretty even/fair in terms of screen time and lines. Sehun's rap line was soooo good!! He's improved so much! ^^

As much as I liked KoKoBop it's definitely not one of my favourite songs on the album, that would have to be between 'Going Crazy', 'The Eve' and 'Forever'. I haven't actually been able to choose which one I like better. The other songs I love so much. Now I'm going to talk about my least favourite song and please, don't have me for this. I know that this song is actually a lot of people's favourite song from the album. I mean, I don't hate the song (there's isn't a song in EXO's history that I don't like and yes that includes Wolf as well because let's be real, it's not a bad song at all). You're all probably wondering what song I'm talking about, and that song would have to be Chill. The arrangement was a little messy. The song it pretty much split up in two different sections. The beginning and then the part before the ending which showed in Chanyeol's teaser. Now don't get me wrong, the parts are great (and can we just take a second to appreciate rapper Kyungsoo :3 Tao would be so proud *wipes tears*) but it felt like the end bit was just added for the hell of it. It sound like it was a completely different song (here I'm mainly only talking about the parts that we heard in Chanyeol's teaser). It only lasts for like 15-20 seconds and then goes back to how it started but it sort of throws the whole song off, if you know what I mean? Doesn't mean I won't be playing it nonstop bobbing to it. Like I am right now as a matter of fact.

Overall this is a great album that I'll be blasting 24/7 for many days to come. My family will just have to deal with it XD I've seen the photocards and my god I wan't Jongdae's so bad!! If I don't pull his I'll probably buy it online or something, that is if I can find it at a reasonable price.