Lose Control

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request by lee_kyungmoon

Alpha Jongdae. He’s not a super obvious Alpha and perhaps doesn’t even come across that way to his friends. He goes all BAMF Alpha when someone threatens a friend and wont back off or get nasty after a rejection.

 

Word count: 2334

 

 

 

 

 

Alpha’s were supposed to be tall and muscular. They were supposed to exude dominance from their every core. Well, maybe fifty years ago that would have been true (lets be real, it wasn’t even that true back then) but in this day in age it simply wasn’t like that and Jongdae would be the first to attest to that for he didn’t fit into the mould of a typical Alpha. He was small but he was fine with that. He wasn’t jacked but he was decently muscled. His scent wasn’t even particularly strong or potent. It mainly simmered at the surface, content to remain largely hidden.

 

It had been a complete surprise to his parents and brother when he had presented as an Alpha. All signs indicated that he would be a Beta like his mother but that hadn’t been the case. He hadn’t felt like anything had changed. His brother had described the feeling of somehow feeling stronger but Jongdae felt the same as he always had. Plain old Jongdae who loved the rain, rescued homeless kittens from dingy alleyways and helped the old lady across the street with her groceries every Saturday morning. Yes, he was still plain old Jongdae.

 

He and his brother were complete opposites. Always have been and always will be, nothing will ever change that. Don’t get him wrong, he loves his brother but they were just so different. They may share a physical resemblance but their personalities did not match what so ever. His brother is what you would call a typical Alpha. He liked to make it known that he was an Alpha, letting his scent stink up the place, not even bothering to control it and while Jongdae didn’t hide that fact that he was an Alpha he didn’t exactly advertise it either.

 

He hadn’t really come across any problems in his time as being an Alpha. There had been times where Alpha’s had come up to him expecting him to be an Omega only to turn away in disappointment when they were close enough to get a whiff of his scent – which, let’s be real is pretty close which had left him in some interesting situations. It didn’t bother him. If anything he found it kind of flattering that an Alpha would find him attractive enough to approach him in the first place. Something which made him smirk every time the though crossed him mind.

 

He had asked people out before and he could see the way that some had hesitated to reject him in fear that he would lash out but he always made sure to tell them to make their own decision. The ones who had rejected him would smile sympathetically at him, saying they were sorry but Jongdae would just wave them off. It’s not like he would want to date someone who felt forced to go out with him. He had been in relationships before. Some didn’t last long and others did but when they eventually came to an end they had all parted amicably. He was still in contact with most of them. He honestly didn’t understand how a large majority on Alpha’s would get offended when they would get rejected.

 

His hidden scent is probably what’s to blame for the pretty large amount of Omega friends he has, something which had perplexed him at first.

 

“It’s comforting.” Luhan had told him one day. “You make us feel safe. Your scent is definitely Alpha but it’s not too overwhelming that we can be around you and not feel like we should drop to the ground and obey your every command.”

 

“You know I would never make you do that.” Jongdae had told him and Luhan had smiled kindly at him.

 

“I know. You’re to kind to ever do something like that.”

 

Jongdae’s heart had felt full at Luhan’s explanation. Never before had he thanked god more for inheriting his mother’s kind and caring nature.

 

There had never really been a chance where he’s had to go all ‘Alpha’ on someone. He usually left that up to Chanyeol or Yifan or even Baekhyun. Now he was one feisty Beta, someone you didn’t want to get on the wrong side of if you wanted your being to remain intact. There had never really been a reason. A few times he would let his scent slip at the club when an Alpha had been making unwanted advances towards one of his Omega friends. More often than not Yixing being on the receiving end of those unwanted advances. Yixing didn’t have a bad bone is his body. He was to kind to tell someone he wasn’t interested and Jongdae had no qualms about doing it himself. Most got the message pretty quick, backing off when they realised that their catch has already been taken in some weird show of respect. Not that Yixing and him ever had a thing, however it’s not like the Alpha’s wouldn’t know that.

 

Yes, so far he hadn’t encountered a situation where he would have to use it and he hoped that he would never need to. Though it seemed like world liked to go against his wishes.

 

Everything had been going fine. They had gone to a club that they frequent enough that the bouncer and bartenders knew them by both name and face. Jongdae had been casually sipping his drink and conversing with an already tipsy Sehun and a getting there Jongin when something in the corner of his eye had caught his attention. Kyungsoo was over by the stairs, a tall man standing in front of him.

 

Normally he would have thought nothing of it, Kyungsoo can take care of himself but the look of nervousness and agitation on his face made him stop. Turning fully to face them Jongdae lowers his drink, eyes narrowing in suspicion. His change was blatantly obvious for even an inebriated Sehun had taken notice of it. The two Beta’s eyed Jongdae and then followed his line of sight but not before taking into account the tight hold Jongdae has on his drink, knuckles turning white. Wordlessly Jongin slips off of his chair and disappears. To focused on Kyungsoo and the unfamiliar man Jongdae doesn’t even notice the younger leaving.

 

Kyungsoo makes eye contact with Jongdae across the room, eyes practically pleading at Jongdae to come and save him and he doesn’t hesitate. He practically jumps off the bar stool. Not even halfway to his friend the unfamiliar male grabs Kyungsoo by the shoulders and pushes him into the wall, the Omega yelping in both pain and fear. Jongdae snarls, picking up speed. Reaching them he rips the male off of his friend and moves to stand with his back to Kyungsoo acting as a human shield.

 

Kyungsoo looks at Jongdae with wides eyes, nostrils flaring at the powerful scent invading his sinuses, anger being the scent that’s the strongest coming off of his usually composed friend.

 

“Hey man, what’s your problem?” the other Alpha yells, his own snarl on his face.

 

“What’s my problem? How about the way you were treating my friend just moments ago.” He growls, glaring at the Alpha.

 

“What do you mean? We were just talking.”

 

Just talking doesn’t include shoving someone into a wall.” He hissed. By now a small crowd had formed around them, all keen to see what the argument is about and witness the action.

 

“What does it matter to you? He’s just an Omega and it’s not like he belongs to you. I can do whatever I want to him and you can’t do .” He taunts and his words have Jongdae’s hackles rising. The crowd around them start to take a few steps back at the scent of pure murder coming off of Jongdae but the other Alpha doesn’t seem to notice it, continuing to smile smugly at him. Jongdae knows that it’s not going to take much for him to finally snap.

 

“They’re all just . Warm places to stick a in. Don’t worry, when I finish with him I’ll be sure to give you a turn as well. I’m sure his screams will by music to your ears.” He says and it’s then that he finally snaps.

 

Teeth bared Jongdae leaps forward and lunges for him. The Alpha can’t even move as Jongdae takes grip of his hair and slams his face into his knee before slamming him to the ground face first, one arm trapped under him and the other twisted behind his back painfully, Jongdae straddling him and keeping the Alpha flush against the floor.

 

“You want to say that to me again .” Jongdae snarls into the Alpha’s ear, pulling the arm further behind him, making him gasp in pain. Jongdae’s sure he hears a pop followed by a scream but he’s too preoccupied with keeping the Alpha on the ground.

 

One minute he’s growling into the Alpha’s ear and the next he’s being pulled up and dragged out of the club. Blinded by the anger his thrashes against the person holding him but it’s soon apparent that who over has a grip on his is much strong than what he his. The freezing cold air from outside hits his face, slowly knocking him out of his anger filled haze, mind starting to clear enough that he recognises the hands on him. Yifan.

 

Sensing that Jongdae had calmed down enough Yifan lets him go, the smaller Alpha stumbling for a second before sitting down on a bench. Holding his hands out in front of him he can see that they’re still shaking, the adrenaline still running strong through his veins and making his head pulse. He brings his shaking hands up and pushes his face into them, groaning.

 

Never in his life had he lost control like that. Never if his life had he ever felt that angry, that gone that he would resort to violence. He just can’t believe it.

 

Yifan watches the small Alpha in concern as he rubs his hands down his face, distress evident from both his face and his scent. He’s about to say something when the sound of running footsteps catches his attention. He looks and sees their friends running over to them, worry lacing their faces. Those who hadn’t witnessed the incident looking at Jongdae’s form, stunned by what they had heard.

 

Jongdae can’t bring himself to take his face out of his hands, to ashamed at himself to even bare to look at them, can’t bare to see their faces for he is afraid for what he might see. Still shaken up by what had occurred, Kyungsoo hesitantly comes forward, making sure to make his footsteps easily heard as to not startle the Alpha. Kyungsoo kneels in front of Jongdae, moving his hands aside and bringing the Alpha’s head to rest in the crock of his neck.

 

Tense at first, Jongdae soon relaxes as if all of the energy had been out of his body as he breathes in the comforting and calming scent of his friend. Kyungsoo the Alpha’s back, humming a tune that Jongdae doesn’t recognise.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jongdae whispers and Kyungsoo hushes him.

 

“You have nothing to be sorry for.”

 

“I just…I was so angry at what he was saying about you, about what he called you and I just lost it.”

 

“Hey, none of that.” Kyungsoo scolds him lightly. “You know that if it was Chanyeol or Yifan, or god forbid Baekhyun, they would have done a lot worse.”

 

“Yeah, from what Kyungsoo was telling us you showed quite a lot of restraint so it’s not something you should be ashamed about.” Junmyeon the all-knowing says.

 

“You could go all Alpha on me anytime.” Minseok winks, a seductive smirk on his face that makes them all laugh, even if Jongdae can feel his cheeks turn a little red.

 

“Eww hyung, no~” Zitao whines in disgust, earning another round of laughter from them all.

 

Jongdae feels so much lighter. His friends sure know how to cheer him up and brighten the mood. He wonders what he had ever done to have friends as good as these.

 

“Dude, you dislocated someone’s arm. That’s awesome.” Sehun comments, an awed lift to his voice which earns him a disapproving head slap from Junmyeon.

 

“Come on, let’s go back to Baekhyun’s place. He has a whole fridge full of alcohol.” Chanyeol announces and a betrayed sound makes its way out of Baekhyun’s throat.

 

“You weren’t supposed to tell anyone!”

 

“Sorry Baek.” Chanyeol says, not sounding the least bit sorry. In fact, he seems quite pleased with himself.

 

“Well what are we waiting for?” Yifan asks, already walking off in the direction of Baekhyun’s house.

 

“Hey, wait up!” Zitao calls out, running over to catch up to the tall Alpha.

 

“Come on, let’s go.” Kyungsoo says to Jongdae who stands up and begins to walk beside the Omega.

 

An hour later they all find themselves sitting on the floor in Baekhyun’s living room, all drinking out of their own cans, Baekhyun’s concern about them drinking all of his alcohol completely gone. They’re all laughing and smiling, chatting with each other. Jongdae smiles, bringing up his can to take a sip only to realise it’s completely empty.

 

Getting up he walks over to the fridge, grabbing another can and cracking it open. Out of the corner of his eyes he sees Minseok coming towards him, his own empty can in hand. Without a word Jongdae passes his can over to Minseok, receiving a nod in thanks and getting a new one out of the fridge. Jongdae brings his can up to his lips.

 

“You know, I wasn’t joking.” Whispers Minseok right beside his ear, hot air hitting his neck. Jongdae chokes on his drink, having to cough to dislodge the liquid from his throat. He swings around only to see Minseok walking back towards the living room, hips swinging more then they usually would.

 

Jongdae swallows.

 


It's about time I wrote an alpha/dominant Jongdae fic. I had a lot of fun writing this. It's something I've wanted to do for a while but keep getting sidetracked by my obvious addiction for omega/submissive Jongdae. Sorry this had taken a little bit to get posted. I keep getting held up by Uni and my inability to keep track of when I post these chapters. And I just couldn't help but put a little bit of Xiuchen in there. My OTP is once again making an unplanned but necessary appearance.

On another note I've booked both my flights and accommodation for the BTS WINGS Sydney Concert. It's feeling a whole lot more real now. Less than 2 weeks until I get to see them I'm so excited!! I've also planned to go and see my great grandparents while I'm there. They don't know I'm coming so it's going to be a great surprise for them :3 Haven't seem them in 6-7 years.