Misunderstandings

B.E.long drabbles

 

 

Request from endingday

Hey I was wondering if you could do a drabble for Jimin and Chanyeol? Something like where to two like each other and try to secretly date. Some of their members are supportive (Taehyung, Suga, Baekhyun, Kai, Suho, basically everyone that interacted with a member of the other group), but some of their members don’t like it and it causes tension between the groups. But of course love prevails and the two groups learn to get along and accept the relationship.

 

Word count: 2381

 

 

 

 

 

Neither of them had expected it to happen. It just sort of…did. They had just been hanging out when Chanyeol’s face had come closer, his lips pressing up against Jimin’s. Chanyeol hadn’t known what had driven him to kiss the younger singer but when the other had responded he didn’t really care. Jimin didn’t know why he gave into the kiss but he did and when they had pulled away he couldn’t find it in himself to regret it. His face had been red in embarrassment at his lack of experience but that was it.

 

Chanyeol had been afraid of the youngers reaction, afraid that he had ruined their buddying friendship but was relieved when Jimin had only smiled shyly at him. Chanyeol has linked his hands with Jimin’s, completely dwarfing the dancer’s small hands in his larger ones, smiling fondly at the difference.

 

“What does this mean?” Jimin asked. He wasn’t sure what this meant. He had never thought of himself as being gay. He’s never had a problem with people being gay but up until this point he had seen himself as straight. The discovery that he might just like guys was less startling than the stories he had heard.

 

“I don’t know.” Chanyeol answered. “But we have time to figure it out.” He said hopefully, rubbing his thumb on the back of Jimin’s hand, heart soaring when he smiles up at him, glad that he hadn’t ruined his chance from his impulsive action.

 

They had decided to keep it a secret, wanting to first explore their new feelings before making anything official, to see where things went and what they wanted to do. Keeping it from their members had been hard, both being absolutely atrocious at lying but they had somehow managed it. There were times where they knew some of them had suspected something but no questions had been asked.

 

It wasn’t until a couple of months later that they finally decided it was time to reveal it all to their members. They had talked extensively and came to the decision that it was best to do it on their own, each of them telling their own members. It would have been an understatement to say that they were nervous. They were absolutely terrified. Neither of them could predict to reactions to their news, something which they were sure none of them were expecting.

 

It had gone better than they had expected. There were no outbursts of anger or disgust. There had been expressions of surprise, more on Jimin’s side as none of s hand know that he was gay, something which was a well-known fact about Chanyeol with his own members. Everything had gone well but there were a few who had their reservations.

 

Jungkook had remained silent throughout the entire conversation, something which made Jimin nervous. Jungkook was one of his closet friends and his opinion mattered a lot to him. He had told Chanyeol of this, the rapper smiling sadly at him, telling him that two of his band mates, Yixing and Sehun, had had the same reaction. It worried them. They hadn’t thought that any of their members were homophobic, but maybe they had been wrong. Maybe they had read the signs wrong. Maybe they should have kept quiet.

 

“What should we do?” Jimin asked in a voice so small it was nearly inaudible, ear pressed up against the tallers chest.

 

“I don’t know.” Chanyeol answered honestly. They had thought that telling their members, their brothers, was the right thing to do but now they were questioning their decision. That night they slept restlessly, bad thoughts plaguing their dreams.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Jimin didn’t know what to do. In front of the cameras everything seemed fine, like everything was normal but behind them was another story. It would have been impossible not to miss the awkward air between the two. It seemed that Jungkook had made it his mission to avoid Jimin. Jimin would attempt to talk to the younger only to have him walk around like he hadn’t seen him in the first place. Jimin’s face would fall, tears threatening to escape. Seeing that look on his face just wasn’t right. They had all missed the young dancers smile.

 

They only hoped that the two would sort everything out soon.

 

Chanyeol was facing the same situation with Sehun, however it was a bit different with Yixing. The Chinese man was back and forth between China and Korea, Chanyeol never really having enough time to properly talk to the dancer. It was frustrating. He just wanted to know why his bothers had acted the way that they did.

 

There was tension in the air, something that both groups could both see and feel and it was effecting them. Something needed to be done before it got out of hand.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Jimin was confused when he and Jungkook were led to one of the companys meeting rooms by Namjoon. Were they in trouble? What did they do? Those thoughts flew through his head. When Namjoon opened the door he was shocked by to see Chanyeol, Yixing, Sehun and Junmyeon in there as well. He froze at the door and Namjoon had to push him into the room. Jungkook seemed hesitant to enter however one look from his leader had him scurrying inside.

 

They sat down, Jimin taking the seat next to Chanyeol, wanting to be close to his lover. There was silence for a while, no one looking each other in the eyes. It was awkward to say the least.

 

Junmyeon cleared his throat. “We’re going to sort this out today. I don’t need to tell you what because I’m pretty sure you’re all smart enough to figure it out on you own.” He says, eyes piercing the five in question.

 

“And no one is leaving until everything is sorted out.” Namjoon added, voice holding as much authority that Junmyeon’s had.

 

No one speaks. Namjoon and Junmyeon stand with their arms crossed, looking the every bit of a leader standing over their people. None of them knew what to say or where to start.

 

Chanyeol sighed and all attention was brought to him. By the looks of things no one else was going to say something so he might as well start.

 

“Do you really not like that me and Jimin are seeing each other?” he asks the three, looking at them sadly. Yixing opens his mouth to answer but closing it when nothing comes out. He doesn’t know what to say and that makes Chanyeol feel worse than he already does. The others remain silent.

 

“Is it because I like a guy?” Jimin asks instead, question directed at Jungkook more than the others. Jungkook widens his eyes.

 

“N-no hyung, that’s not it!” he says in a hurry, voice raised.

 

“Than what is it Kookie? If it’s not that why have you been avoiding my very presence since I told everyone? It hurt, Jungkook. It really hurt. Out of everyone I wouldn’t have expected you to behave like that. We’re best friends, aren’t we?” Jimin says, tears shinning in his eyes ready to fall at any moment. Jungkook himself looks like he’s close to tears as well.

 

“It’s just,” Jungkook starts but stops as if he’s trying to gather his thoughts. All the while Chanyeol is rubbing comforting circles on the back of his hand. “I was angry and upset. You hadn’t been spending as much time with me for a while. I thought I had done something wrong. Then you tell us that you’re dating and I…” he looks up at the ceiling. “I felt betrayed. I thought you would have told me, me of all people and it felt like I was being replaced. You starting spending all of your free time with him and…” he trailed off, voice becoming smaller and smaller as he went on until it faded.

 

“Kookie I, I could never replace you.” He tells the younger. His explanation may have sounded selfish and petty to most but Jimin knows of the youngers fear. His fear of losing those closest to him. After all, Jungkook was still a kid, a kid who is on the brink of adulthood but still a kid none the less. “You’re special to me, just like how Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Taehyung and Seokjin are special to me. You’re my best friend and I love you. The love I feel for Chanyeol is different from the way I love you but it’s still love and nothing could ever change that.” He tells Jungkook. “I’m sorry for making you feel that way. I never meant to do that.” He says, his sincerity showing throughout his entire being.

 

Jungkook wipes his eyes with his sleeve. “No hyung, you shouldn’t apologise. I’m the one who should say sorry. If I hadn’t acted like a spoiled child you wouldn’t be hurting.”

 

“Oh Kookie, come here.” Jimin holds his arms out and the younger immediately falls into them, head buried in the crook of his neck. Jungkook may be tall but in this position he looks so small being cradled by Jimin who his hair. Jimin flicks his gaze over to Chanyeol and smiles at him. Chanyeol tries his best to do the same but at the moment he’s strung high. Now it’s Jimin’s turn to do the comforting.

 

“Why?” Chanyeol says simply, knowing that after Jungkook’s confession that’s all the provocation that he’s going to need to get them to talk. Surprisingly, it’s Sehun who talks first.

 

“I don’t know. At first I was confused. We all knew that you were gay but you’ve never really showed any interest in dating before. I guess I was surprised but then I got worried. What if someone other than us found out? But then I guess I just sort of felt jealous that you had someone other than us that was so important to you and I don’t know. I knew that it was wrong if me to feel like that and then take it out on you but I didn’t know how to talk to you about it. I’m not really that good at admitting that I’m wrong. But for what it’s worth I’m really sorry. I understand if you can’t forgive me. I know I wouldn’t.” he says, looking down at his hands guiltily, frowning with his lips pressed in a flat line.

 

Jimin can’t help but see the similarities between the two maknae’s. Sehun may be three years older than Jungkook but they’re both still sensitive, still children at heart.

 

“I forgive you Sehun. I really wish you would have come to me though. You know you can talk to me about anything, right?”

 

“I know and I’m deeply sorry hyung.”

 

Chanyeol smiles, patting Sehun on the knee. Now it’s Yixing’s turn. Yixing is older and wiser than what he is, someone he looks up to. Jimin knew that Yixing’s reaction to the news had hurt him the most and he only hoped that Chanyeol would have his fears laid to rest.

 

It takes a little while for Yixing to speak and when he does his words are tinged with hesitation, slowly pronounced as if he’s unsure of what’s coming out of his mouth.

 

“I want you to know that I don’t have a problem with you dating a guy. We’ve always known what your preferences were and none of us have a problem with that. It’s just, I’m worried…um…” he pauses, gathering his thoughts. Chanyeol is looking at him intently, hanging off every single word. In fact, everyone is. “Dammit, you know I’m not good at explaining my feelings, especially in Korean, uh…” he sighs. “You know how people reacted when it was revealed Baekhyun was dating Taeyeon, and then Jongin and Soojung. I honestly don’t care what they fans think but you know more than anyone what it did to them all. It was something that should have been celebrated but they were all unhappy. It was hard on all of them and I don’t want that to happen to you!” Chanyeol’s eyes soften at his words. “I know you’re not fragile Chanyeol but you’re extremely sensitive. Who knows what would happen to you if it was revealed to the world. And then what happens if you two break up? How will you take it?”

 

“Hyung…” he swallows. “I understand your concerns hyung and I mean no disrespect about what I’m about to say but if that happens, if we’re discovered or we break up it’s something that is for me to deal with. You should have told me about this sooner.”

 

“I know, but there was never really a right time. I was never really here and when I was it wasn’t for long. I shouldn’t have let this sit for so long. Wǒ hěn bàoqiàn Cànliè.”* he bows his head.

 

“I know you are hyung.”

 

All if a sudden the sound of a clap resounds in the air startling all five of them. They turn their heads and see Junmyeon with his hands together.

 

“We’ll now that’s all sorted let us just say a few words. You know that it wouldn’t have come to this if you had been upfront about everything to begin with, don’t you?”

 

“I’m pretty sure we’re all well aware of it now hyung.” Sehun says.

 

“Now don’t get smart with me brat.” Junmyeon hisses but he can’t hide the amusement in his face.

 

“I think it’s about time we leave. We organised a get together for both groups. You guys can get to know each other there.” Namjoon explains, pushing off the wall and walking out of the room, Junmyeon following close behind. They five of them look at each other before getting up to follow all smiling. Their leaders had put an awful lot a faith in them making up which just proved how much they know each other.

 

Jimin and Chanyeol hang back, hands intertwined with each other. They’re glad that everyone had opened out and sorted out the misunderstandings that had plagued them. They know not everything is perfect, that there are still some things they need to work through but things are looking good for the first time in what seems like an eternity.


 

*I'm so sorry Chanyeol (Cànliè is his Chinese name)

I'm seriously running out of things to say in the notes now haha. The only thing that has really happened it that I'm going to the BTS concert in Sydney. I've booked my hotel now I just need to book my flights and then I'm all set :) And have you guys seen the videos of Yixing and Luhan? I'm actually squealing. First that Luhan and Tao interaction the other day and now Luhan and Yixing...I somehow feel complete. I wonder if Tao and Yifan contact each other?

 

Anyway that's all from me. Oh and for those who watch attack on titan I'm super pumped for episode 6 tomorrow XD