Masked

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took the Wielder a while to find Chan in the dimly lit coffee shop, especially since the younger was sleeping soundly with his face buried in a book he had gotten from the library. Jisoo caressed his shoulder until he had found his way back into reality and was looking at his Wielder with bleary eyes. "Why are you..." a massive yawn followed, quickly hidden behind his hand after noticing Jisoo's disapproving look, "...already here? Doesn't your class end at 5?"

The Wielder sighed and sat down across from Chan, stealing a sip from his cup of by now cold caramel macchiato. "Jihoon was in a really bad mood, so he stopped the meeting and told us to come to his house tomorrow instead. It was weird though, his Warrior pretty much forced him to invite us."

The Guardian looked much more alert after hearing these news. "He wants you to come over? To him and his Forcebearers? Are you sure it's a good idea?"

Jisoo groaned and buried his head in his arms. "I don't think so but he's the group leader. I really can't say no; he hates me already anyway," he said, his voice muffled by his jacket.

Chan could feel the sadness radiating from his Wielder and bit his lip in thought. "Do you think I can join?"

Jisoo lifted his head slightly. "That would be nice. I don't want to be the only one without a Forcebearer." He sighed again. "But he and Kangin are both Wielders and I don't think it would be a good idea for you to get close to them. Especially not to Kangin," he finished somewhat bitterly, his chin now resting on his arm.

"Eh, I can just lie about my rank; as long as I don't take off my socks, it won't be a problem. Please ask them, hyung? I don't want you to be alone with them again, it always makes you so sad..." Chan pouted to emphasize his point and Jisoo couldn't help but smile at the concerned look in the younger's eyes.

"Thanks Channie, I'll ask Jihoon when I get his email. Let's go home now, I'm tired too."

 

Although they had been warned through the letter earlier, the attack still came as a surprise.

Since neither of them knew exactly what would await them on their way home, they had tried to stay vigilant, but Chan was still drowsy from his nap at the coffee shop after the exhausting exam and Jisoo was tired after several hours of classes - therefore neither of them noticed the two shadows that followed them on their way through the side streets. In hindsight, Jisoo thought that it would have been intelligent to simply walk on the crowded main street instead, but well, people learn from their mistakes.

The only thing Jisoo felt was someone harshly pushing him before he found himself sprawled on the dirty road - his hands and knees scratched and bloody while Chan screamed his name in shock. He hastily turned around, ignoring the sting in his palms when they once again came in contact with the wet asphalt, to find his Guardian grabbed by two men in dark hoodies, the lower half of their faces obscured by black face masks. His stomach plummeted when he noticed the knife. It was neither a very big nor a very impressive knife, but the close proximity of the gleaming blade to Chan's face made it look at least three times as threatening.

"W-what do you want?" Jisoo dared to ask after a moment of standstill, his voice constricted by fear.

"Give me your stuff. Money, cards, phone, whatever you have," the one with the knife said, "and no bull. If one of you is bonded and uses his ability, you're both dead."

Jisoo was shaking by now while Chan stayed eerily calm - but the Wielder could feel his anger raging through their bond. "I-It's in my backpack. Please take it and let him go. He's my Guardian, p-please don't hurt him."

The two robbers shared a look of obvious disbelief over Chan's head. "If you think you can get me to come closer to pull a stunt, forget it," the one threatening the Guardian said with a nervous laugh. "Uh... Just throw it over here or something." He waved his knife in the general direction of the other thug and almost stabbed himself in the process.

Both Chan and Jisoo raised their brows in unison. This robber seemed to be much less experienced than h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter