Shards

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo opened his eyes, unsure why he had woken up. Everything felt hazy and nebulous, he neither knew what time it was nor did he particularly care to find out.

"Did you sleep well, love?"

Smiling tiredly, Jisoo nodded, still dazed from his slumber. He stretched but made no attempt to get up, prompting the Forcebearer who was resting next to him to prop up his head so they could meet eyes. "Why are you here?" the Wielder asked after a few seconds of comfortable silence.

"Shouldn't I be?" Jeonghan's smile against the backdrop of blurred shapes and muted colours was a magnificent sight, his long hair shimmering golden like honey in the light. Jisoo reached out to run his fingers through it and Jeonghan tilted his head at the pleasant feeling, eyes not leaving his Wielder's face.

"I like having you with me," came the slightly distracted response and the Warrior's smile widened at the satisfying answer. Swiftly, he leaned forward, his upper body snugly draped over Jisoo's and his long hair tickling the cheeks of the other male. The Wielder laughed at the feeling and gently tucked some of the silky strands behind Jeonghan's ears. "Chan will throw a fit if he sees you like this; you know how possessive he is."

"I doubt he'll turn up. Unless you want him to join?" Jeonghan raised an eyebrow, his smile turning into a smirk.

Confusion crossed Jisoo's features and he eyed the other's suggestive grin warily. "What do you mean?"

"Or would you prefer someone else? Hansol? Jun would definitely be up for it. Maybe even Jihoon - but that would be weird since we're basically brothers." Jisoo still wasn't sure what the other was implying but that didn't stop the blood from rushing into his cheeks. His stomach churned in expectation of... he couldn't pinpoint it exactly, but Jeonghan's smooth voice and dark eyes excited him.

"I don't want to share you, but if I have to, I will," the Warrior purred and the breath that hit his cheek struck Jisoo like lightning. By now the temperature seemed to be rising and his flush darkened even further. He froze when he felt something soft touch his ear and Jeonghan's long fingers began to caress his jaw, slowly moving towards the collar of his shirt. His brain seemed to cease all functions when his Warrior's lips caught his earlobe and a warm tongue flicked against it, eliciting various feelings that burned deep down in the pit of his stomach. A loud gasp escaped him when Jeonghan began to and he immediately tried to muffle his heavy breathing with his hands, embarrassed at the thought of any sounds escaping him.

He became acutely aware of Jeonghan's chest on his, only separated by thin layers of clothing. The Warrior seemed to have a similar thought, his fingers dipping into the collar of Jisoo's shirt while his lips wandered down his throat ever so slowly, making the Wielder shiver in anticipation. Just when he had reached Jisoo's collar bone, a loud crash made both of them flinch - the dream shattering into pieces just like the lamp Seungcheol had accidentally pushed from the nightstand.

It was hard to determine who was more frightened at that particular moment: Jisoo because of the sudden loud noise, the abruptness of the situation and the person next to his bed, or Seungcheol because he had gotten caught while creeping around in the room of his crush (by said crush, to make matters worse). Only the slight breathlessness that was the last remainder of his dream prevented Jisoo from screaming bloody murder. "Oh god- wha- who?"

"I'm so sorry! It was an accident! I got stuck and kinda tipped over the nightstand and then the lamp fell and I tried to catch it but I'll buy you a new one, I promise, and I'll clean it up, you can keep sleeping, just ignore-"

By now Jisoo had recognized the voice of his frantic Forcebearer - but even if he hadn't, the panicked feelings flowing freely through their bond gave him away anyway. "Seungcheol? What's going on? Why are you here?" He felt a rather scary sense of déjà vu at the question and Jeonghan's smirk flashed through his thoughts. The dim lighting of the bedroom fortunately hid his burning cheeks.

Seungcheol looked terribly uncomfortable as he scratched the back of his head, still awkwardly standing in a slightly crouched position in front of the bed. "Uhm... I just wanted to check if you're asleep already. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to, you know, creep up on you or something. I'll just clean up the mess I made and go to bed." He straightened up and attempted to move towards the door but he froze at Jisoo's exclamation.

"Stop! Don't walk over there barefooted; my lamp had a glass shade, there'll be shards everywhere."

"And what am I supposed to do? I can't stand here until the sun comes up." Even in this situation, Jisoo's worried expression made him smile softly. "It'll be okay, we have disinfectant in the bathroom."

"Of course you can't stand the whole night, but you c-could sleep with me. You said you w-wanted to earlier, r-right?" While Jisoo was suddenly very busy straightening his blanket, Seungcheol had a few seconds to pull himself together.

It didn't work very well. "Yeah, if you, you know, if you don't mind, I'd like that, yeah." The prospect of walking through glass shards to escape the awkwardness didn't seem so bad at that moment. "Uhm... but is it really okay? Are you sure?"

The Wielder stopped fiddling and instead lifted the blanket for the Warrior to slip. His shy smile immediately melted all of Seungcheol's doubts (and his heart as well - but that was way too cheesy to ever say it out loud).

 

Lying next to Seungcheol was very different from lying next to Chan or Jihoon since he was taller than either of the two. It was also different from Hansol since the younger was extremely cuddly whenever Jisoo visited him at night (a stark

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter