Family ties

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol was definitely the more athletic one out of the two males - his body steeled by years of soccer and basketball practice - while Jisoo had the stamina of cooked spaghetti and was lagging behind, breathing hard. The only things that kept the Wielder going were his concern about Kangin and Seokmin (well, more about the latter to be completely honest) and Seungcheol's gentle hand around his, pulling him along.

While describing a location not too far from the university grounds, the Guardian had explained that Kangin was currently engaged in a fight against three Forcebearers and a Wielder determined to take him down. He had hung up on Jisoo immediately afterwards without giving him the chance to ask how a powerless Wielder could possibly survive an attack by multiple Forcebearers.

Seungcheol had been rather sceptical regarding the trustworthiness of Seokmin's claims - it all sounded quite fishy to him - but Jisoo's worried expression had made him give in anyway, although not before calling his brothers and informing them of the situation.

Jisoo's phone rang once again while he tried to keep up with Seungcheol, and he had a bit of trouble reading the message he had received without falling flat on his face. "Jun... is on his way... but he's not sure... if he can use... your ability well," Jisoo informed Seungcheol, who couldn't fully hide his grin at the breathlessness of his Wielder's voice.

"He's a pretty good fighter even without an ability; he'll be helpful."

"How... oh god... how do you know?"

Avoiding Jisoo's judging eyes, the Warrior made sure to focus on the street in front of them. "We might have tested the two a little when they moved in? But nothing serious - anyways, we're close now," he said quickly and slowed down, much to Jisoo's relief. Seungcheol let go of his hand and approached the closest corner while the Wielder desperately tried to catch his breath. "It should be around here somewh- oh. Guess we found them. Hm, they're rank one and two; that explains how Kangin is still standing."

The Wielder snuck over to his Bonded to peek around the corner as well, his stomach immediately contracting at the sight of a sickening amount of fresh blood covering Kangin's sturdy body as well as multiple cuts and tears in his clothes. It seemed impossible that the other Wielder was still conscious while enduring the pain and blood loss of that many wounds - but just when Jisoo had opened his mouth to ask his Bonded, the answer came in the form of a lanky guy with unusually quick movements who used a pocket knife to slash at Kangin's arm. Without any attempt to avoid the cut, the bulky Wielder returned a straight punch, hitting his target right in the face. Jisoo's gaze wandered from Kangin's wound, that shimmered and vanished in an instant, to the figure crouching next to Kangin's legs. His eyes widened in horror: Seokmin was clinging to his Wielder's hand, healing his injuries as soon as he received them. Pain and exhaustion contorted his usually smiling face.

"That little... I knew he was one of those Wielders, but still," Seungcheol whispered, suppressed anger making his voice tremble.

"What should we do?" Jisoo asked anxiously, holding his breath when a male with weirdly bluish skin attacked, leaving frostbites on Kangin's skin when he fought him off. Once again, the wounds vanished only seconds later. The Guardian looked like he was close to tears by now, his face overly pale.

The last Forcebearer, a rather small girl with a cute, round face who sported the mark of a two star Guardian on her cheek, stayed with her Wielder, a gorgeous but angry woman who was busy cussing at her Bonded for being unable to get rid of Kangin.

"Well, they're not that intimidating, compared to who we've fought before, but I'm still not letting you go out there alone. So, until Jun comes, we either stay here..." Jisoo immediately started to protest, "... or we go together and I won't be able to use my ability," Seungcheol finished and the Wielder closed his mouth to weigh the options. Staying meant that Seokmin would have to keep healing Kangin and he already looked as if he would pass out any minute. But it also meant that Seungcheol could try to use his ability which would make a possible fight much easier - or, if he was able to get into the female Wielder's head, would resolve the situation at once.

Seokmin's anguished scream cut his musing short and he immediately tried to run to the Guardian - only to be held back by his Warrior. After a few seconds of fruitless, silent struggle, Jisoo gave up and leaned forward to peek around the corner once again, Seungcheol's arms still firmly wrapped around his waist. Seokmin was laying curled up on the dirty ground, cradling his stomach, while Kangin checked a new cut in his shirt, just below his ribs. The two hostile Warriors looked battered and almost as tired as Seokmin after their last unsuccessful attack. "How long are you gonna keep this up, Chaerin? Your Warriors are exhausted and I'm stronger than you anyway," Kangin asked non

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter