Ice cream

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weeks flew by and before Jisoo could really comprehend it, he had already spent over a month with all his Forcebearers. Although he had to play mediator almost daily, he could not have been happier about life as it was.

He still lived with Chan in his little flat - decidedly ignoring Jeonghan's nagging about moving in with him - which housed at least two visitors every day. Jun and Hansol had tacitly become permanent tenants in one of Jeonghan's guestrooms and worked hard to not destroy any more property (after a stern talking to from Jisoo). Minghao still lived in his own flat but visited from time to time to get to know his Wielder (always accompanied by at least one other Bonded to 'prevent him from overstepping his boundaries', as Chan had put it so nicely). He also had become rather close with Jun who he spoke to exclusively in Chinese - much to Hansol's annoyance who had 'borrowed' a Chinese-for-dummies book after a few days of futile complaints.

The group project had ended with a good grade (Jihoon wasn't satisfied), but Jisoo still kept close contact to Seokmin, who had turned out to be a great listener and especially good at relaxing the Wielder after a stressful day full of squabbling Forcebearers. Therefore they tried to meet up whenever Kangin was occupied with his family's business, one of the rare moments of freedom he granted his Guardian - although only because he didn't acknowledge Jisoo as a potential threat.

Apart from Seokmin, Soonyoung had also become a constant in Jisoo's everyday university life and consequently in the lives of Chan, Jihoon, Seungcheol and Jeonghan as well. But while Jisoo enjoyed his random bursts of energy and bright mood, the others weren't as happy about it. Especially Jihoon had a hard time not exploding into Soonyoung's face whenever he opened his mouth for another round of happy prattling, and neither Chan nor Jeonghan were thrilled about Soonyoung's obvious attempts of befriending the youngest of the group each time they had a class together.

Jisoo also kept contact with Yongguk, Daehyun and - to everyone's surprise - Zelo. The lively maknae (who was only a few months older than Chan but very much enjoyed rubbing it in his face whenever they met) had secured his spot in Jisoo's heart when he had introduced his puppy during a dinner the groups had shared. Jisoo couldn't hide the fact that he was a total dog person and Zelo couldn't hide his excitement about it, which had led to exchanged numbers and a multitude of shared puppy pictures. It only took Zelo three days to allow Jisoo to call him by his real name, Junhong – a feat that evoked the displeasure of Himchan, who had taken over a year to finally get the younger's permission.


The Organisation had remained quiet so far. In the first two weeks, everyone had tried to stay inside as much as possible, keeping an eye out for potential danger and a close watch on Jisoo, who wasn't even allowed to go to the toilet alone at university.

Yugyeom had almost gotten himself knocked out by the Forcebearers when Jisoo had screamed in surprise after getting attacked with an unannounced back-hug. In the end it had been Jisoo who had comforted the young Warrior after he had received very throughout scoldings from Jihoon, Jeonghan and Jackson.

The Wielder also was the only one not worrying as much about the gang that was presumably after them, since he had gotten a letter from the Clairvoyance-Guardian who had promised to call if something were to happen. While Jisoo trusted his capability, the others were much less trusting in someone they didn't know in person, therefore they didn't let their guard down in the slightest. But after the third week of constant vigilance (and building annoyance from their Wielder, who was tired of having his Bonded monitor every step he took), they eased up a little.

 

On a glorious Thursday afternoon with blossoming flowers and a gentle spring breeze, Jisoo's last class got cancelled, which gave him and Seungcheol the rare opportunity to enjoy the sunshine while Jihoon and Jeonghan grudgingly had to stay in the library for another project. Initially, Seokmin had wanted to tag along as well but Kangin didn't seem to like spring as much as the rest of the group, therefore Jisoo had promised the Guardian to go for a walk with him the next time they met up, which seemed to cheer him up a little.

Before Seungcheol and he left the building, they visited their lockers to get rid of their heavy bags. Jisoo was looking forward to finding letters by now; he had even started answering them by writing on another sheet and carefully placing it in the same spot in his locker. The anonymous Guardian seemed to be a nice person, most of their conversations were about mundane everyday stuff with little snippets of "it'll rain tomorrow evening; don't forget your umbrella" and "I can't believe they're going to lose again; I don't even want to watch the match any more" (Jisoo wasn't a big fan of sports so he didn't mind knowing the results beforehand; he carefully kept it from Hansol and Seungcheol though, who both watched soccer with the intensit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter