Untied

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo couldn't decide what to do first. To choose between taking care of Yongguk's wounds, severing Minghao's bond, and putting distance between them and the unconscious gang members was so difficult that he felt like his brain had completely ceased to function.

He sat motionlessly between Yongguk and Minghao, surrounded by his Forcebearers and felt the panic rising steadily inside of him until Seungcheol finally took action, still leaning against his Wielder, his face tired but his voice sharp. "Yongguk, do you think you need to go to the hospital? Or can you call someone to take care of you?"

Yongguk straightened up slightly and frowned while palpating his side. "The bleeding has gotten less so I think it's enough to call my Wielder. I try to avoid hospitals if possible."

"Alright, do you have your phone? Or should we get you a taxi?"

The injured Warrior shook his head with a little smile at Seungcheol's stern tone. "I'll text him, no need for a taxi. But let's at least get out of here before those guys wake up again."

"Hyung, can you get up? I can support you if you need me to," Chan asked but Jisoo only shook his head and climbed to his feet while Jeonghan and Minghao helped Yongguk.

After Jihoon had decided in which direction they would go, Chan caught up to his Wielder and touched his arm, not getting any reaction in return. "What's wrong? Are you upset?"

Jisoo, shaken out of his deep thoughts, noticed the younger's troubled face and finally broke his silence. "Yongguk got injured because I asked him to help. And Jihoon almost got killed because of me, for the second time. Also it seems like we're in even more trouble with this terrible gang now - and I don't know how to properly sever bonds, what if I hurt Minghao?" he whispered, his heart squeezing painfully at the thought.

He jumped in surprise when Jihoon's palm struck his back, not having noticed the small Warrior behind him. "Seriously, stop worrying. You can't change the past, that's just how it is; it doesn't matter how much you think about it. I don't regret being your Warrior and I'm sure Yongguk doesn't regret helping you out either. Also Minghao would probably much rather get accidentally hurt than stay in a contract with those s," he said gruffly, his hand still comfortingly warm on Jisoo's shoulder, nimble fingers rubbing small circles into the tense muscles.

The Wielder sighed and then ruffled Jihoon's hair, smiling at his Warrior's grumpy face. "Thanks, Jihoon. I'll try to think less about the past and more about the future."

"I'm not sure if that's much better, dear," Jeonghan happily interrupted by squeezing in between them, "you'll just worry more. And there's a Warrior who wants to get rid of his bond, so if you two lovebirds could stop flirting..." He ended with a suggestive wiggle of his eyebrows which brought him Jihoon's wrath in the form of a sneaker to his shin.

Jisoo flushed and hastily jogged over to Minghao who was leaning against a wall next to Seungcheol and Yongguk, both seated on the pavement of the street they had deemed their designated hiding spot for now. "Did you contact your Wielder?" he asked Yongguk who answered him with his usual gummy smile.

"He'll be here in a few minutes. Don't beat yourself up about this situation, attacks can happen to everyone and I'm not blaming you for anything."

Jisoo's smile faltered slightly but he nodded nonetheless before turning towards the waiting redhead. "Um... Honestly, it's my first time doing this, so if anything feels weird please tell me, I really don't want to hurt you."

Minghao examined him for a few seconds before he grinned, seemingly happy with what he had found. "Sure. Just get me out of this darn contract, I feel like it's suffocating me. And your friends are right, don't worry too much about it. You're a Wielder so everything will come to you naturally."

Jisoo only sent him a doubtful look before they sat down across from each other, legs crossed and knees almost touching - not unlike how Jisoo and Jun had sat when he was redoing their bond - while the rest of the Forcebearers watched them quietly.

The Wielder took Minghao's hands in his and he immediately felt the foreign bond coiling around the other's fingers. An unpleasant stinging sensation caused him to scrunch up his face, the unfamiliar contract defending itself against the potential threat. But Jisoo could also feel that it was weakened due to the unconsciousness of the Wielder who had formed it, the whole bond fragile as if made out of glass. He closed his eyes and tried to ignore the pain that slowly started to creep up his arms, a small voice in the back of his mind worrying whether Minghao felt it as well - but the other had given no indication of discomfort so far.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter