Smiles

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On Friday morning, the day after forming the contracts with Hansol and Jun, Chan and Jisoo were spending 'quality time' (that was what Chan called it at least). The other bonded Forcebearers had grudgingly agreed to spend the night at Jeonghan's apartment since it was pretty obvious that the one-person flat simply wasn't big enough for five people to sleep comfortably. And although the Wielder felt his bonds pulling him towards his Warriors he also enjoyed being alone with Chan for once (who had adamantly refused to sleep anywhere else on grounds of being the first Forcebearer and the official owner of one half of Jisoo's bed).

Fortunately classes started late on Fridays, therefore Chan and Jisoo were seated at the small table in the kitchen, eating fluffy pancakes. Chan happily chatted away about yesterday's events at university, while Jisoo listened with a smile, nodding from time to time and placing some more food on the younger's plate.

"I can't believe Yugyeom would actually ask me about you. Urgh, he's so annoying. I don't think Jeonghan likes him either, he probably wanted to hypnotize him again but Yugyeom was too hyper to look in his direction for long. At least he left us alone after I told him that you're sick. Oh and Jeonghan said that he would get his doctor to write you a sick note so you don't have to worry about yesterday's classes, isn't that awesome? Maybe we can skip from time to ti- just kidding hyung, stop looking like that. By the way, there was no letter yesterday either, I checked our locker twice. I think the writer gave up on us. Too bad, I really want to know who it is. Have I told you already that I hate that class I'm in? The one I take instead of your group project class? It really , the professor is sooo boring and there is this guy who keeps looking at me and-"

"A guy?" Now Jisoo actually saw the need to interrupt his Guardian. "Who is he? Do you know his name?"

Chan took a bite of his pancake and chewed thoughtfully before responding. "I have no idea, that was my first time seeing him. But he wouldn't stop staring, it made me uncomfortable."

"Maybe he's attracted to you?" Jisoo teased with a grin and Chan choked on his pancakes.

"Then he can move right on," he said determinedly after finishing his orange juice in two big gulps.

"Do you want more?" Jisoo was already reaching for the bottle to refill Chan's glass. "What's so bad about him being interested in you though? Is it because he's a guy?"

Chan blushed multiple shades of red and shook his head. "No... I'm just not interested in him. He's not my type," he grumbled and pushed a piece of pancake around with his fork.

Alhough he usually was one to leave others alone when they got flustered, Jisoo couldn't keep his curiosity at bay this time (This is probably what parents feel like when their child hits puberty, he mused). "So, what's your ideal type then?" He was pretty sure the younger's head would explode if it got any redder.

"Uhm... I like nice people," Chan replied, decidedly not looking in his direction.

Jisoo smiled at his obvious embarrassment. "How do you know that he's not nice? You didn't even talk to him yet."

"I just know it," the Guardian said stubbornly, "also he's not pretty enough to be my type and he doesn't have a cute smile. And his eyes don't crinkle when he laughs. And his voice-"

"Okay, he's not good enough, I see," Jisoo interrupted him with a laugh and patted Chan's hot cheek.

"What about you, hyung?" the younger asked after he had cooled down a little.

Now it was Jisoo's turn to blush and he cursed himself for even starting the topic. "I don't really have a certain type I like," he answered slowly.

"Eh come on, everyone has certain stuff they like in a partner, hyung. What were your former relationships like then?"

"Uhm... I d-don't really- you know..." Chan raised a disbelieving eyebrow, making Jisoo flush even redder. "T- there was this one guy in middle school. We were f-friends and I liked him a lot, but after I confessed to him he wouldn't talk to me anymore..." Jisoo admitted and Chan immediately abandoned his food to rub his Wielder's shoulders. "I'm shy and I haven't had much friends to begin with. So I've never really tried dating someone else afterwards."

The sadness seeped through their bond and Chan hugged him close until he could feel it lessen a little. "You have us now, hyung. Jeonghan, Jun, Hansol and me; we all care about you a lot, you know? Even Jihoon and Seungcheol."

Jisoo hugged him back and felt a lot better at the thought of not being alone anymore.

 

The pair met Jeonghan, Jihoon and Seungcheol at the entrance of the cafeteria, waiting for them to eat lunch together, but it was obvious that the mood in the group was bad.

"What's wrong with you?" Chan asked after a few minutes of silent walking towards a free table.

"Those two new guys," Jeonghan spat while one-handedly setting down his tray and simultaneously slamming down his bag on a chair, "where the hell did they come from?"

Jisoo eyed the grumpy faces of the Warriors cautiously. "Why are you asking?"

"They have no manners. That Hansol guy completely flooded the bathroom while taking a shower and just left it that way for me to clean up and Jun somehow broke the dishwasher. Also he stormed into my room this morning and demanded to use my phone so he could call you, but he wouldn't tell me why. When I told him that I don't have your number he nearly walked out of the a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter