Blood

The Others
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my god, what happened?!" Jisoo's first (and not very intelligent) reaction was to let go of the empty wine bottle to help Hansol support Jun's weight, but fortunately Jeonghan was fast enough to catch it before it could burst into pieces and cut up their bare feet.

Hansol flinched at the Warrior's sudden movement and stared at him with something akin to raw fear. "Who're you?" His voice was quiet and hoarse, an eerie contrast to his usual harsh and confident tone.

"He's my new Warrior, don't worry. What's going on? Please tell me so I can help you," Jisoo asked desperately, still holding onto the unconscious Jun, whose head was lolling from one side to the other at their movement.

"He got ing shot. Those bastards shot him and now-" Hansol's voice broke and he couldn't suppress his sobs any longer. "I didn't know what to do. Your place was the first I could think of." He took a shuddering breath. "I can't live without him."

Jisoo's heart squeezed painfully at the sight of fresh tears that ran down Hansol's face and dripped on his worn out hoodie. He also took a deep breath and tried to suppress the panic that was brewing in the back of his mind. "Okay. Let's get him inside first. Jeonghan, can you grab some towels and spread them on the couch? And get some extra too, he's probably bleeding pretty badly."

The Warrior nodded and left after a last cautious glance at the clearly homeless boy and his half-dead friend. It went against all of his instincts to leave Jisoo alone with them, but the Wielder seemed calm and in control, so he quickly did as he was told. Meanwhile Jisoo had slung Jun's arm around his shoulders to get better leverage and began to drag him into the flat together with Hansol, who looked very close to a complete mental breakdown - something Jisoo definitely wanted to avoid. "Hansol, take a deep breath and talk to me. Where exactly is the wound?"

"Th- the chest, he got shot in the chest. Oh god."

Jisoo bit back a curse. The light in his hallway was too dim to actually make out much of Jun's black shirt, but he prayed that the wound was not located too close to his heart. He could feel Jun's pulse in his wrist while holding onto him, but it was weak and seemed frighteningly fast.

They managed to manoeuvre through the living room and to lay him down on the sofa without Hansol losing his head, but as soon as he wasn't carrying his brother anymore he crumbled to the floor and hid his face, while desperate sobs shook his whole body.

Jeonghan had left towards the kitchen and wordlessly handed Jisoo a pair of scissors upon his return, which the Wielder used to cut open Jun's shirt to take a look at the damage done. It was sticky with half dried blood and clinging to the pale skin, but after a few seconds of careful pulling and plucking it revealed the still oozing wound.

Jeonghan spoke up at the bloody sight, looking slightly sick. "So, can someone enlighten me why we're not calling an ambulance, like, right now?"

Hansol immediately exploded in his face. "We can't! They'll get him there, they know he got shot! They're just waiting for us to turn up at a damn hospital and I know he'd rather die than go back to those ers!"

Jeonghan took a wary step back at his ferocious response and raised his hands. "Woah, easy, it was just a question. No need to get so angry." He eyed the other Warrior as if he had lost his mind and sent his Wielder a worried look but Jisoo was busy pressing one of the towels onto the wound, completely ignoring the duo behind him.

The bullet wound was located high enough to not endanger Jun's heart and it didn't seem like it had shattered a bone either, he noted with relief. There was actually a high possibility that it had went through his shoulder, which made the constant bleeding the biggest threat to Jun's life at the moment. Jisoo wrecked his brain trying to recall everything he knew about open wounds, but it had been several years since his first-aid class and the stress and fear he was still suppressing made it even harder to think clearly. He mentally repeated his mantra to calm down and to do one step at a time. "Jeonghan, I need you to hold his upper body, so I can take a look at his back to see if the bullet went through his shoulder."

Hansol had quieted down after lashing out at the Warrior and was now watching numbly while Jeonghan helped Jisoo with lifting the lifeless body. The green towel on the sofa was already dyed red in some spots and the Wielder carefully took off Jun's battered jacket to get a clear look at his back.

And there it was, a second hole, right above his shoulder blade. Jisoo wasn't too sure whether it was a good thing or not, but he decided to be glad that the bullet was at least not inside Jun's body anymore. "Hansol, can you get me the first aid kit from under the sink in the bathroom?" Hansol, who had flinched at the sudden question, only nodded quietly and climbed to his feet.

After a minute or two he returned with the kit which he had already ripped open on his way. "What do you need?"

"Disinfectant, gauze and bandages."

 

After twenty minutes of quiet and concentrated work Jisoo had applied pressure bandages to the best of his knowledge and Jun was once again lying motionless and pale on the couch. Nobody said it out loud but everyone thought about the possibility of the Warrior's wound not closing in time. There was nothing they'd be able to do if he would lose too much blood and Hansol had once again confirmed that a hospital wasn't an option.

"What about a private doctor?" Jeonghan finally proposed after several minutes of silently w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter