You Again

When The Sun Shines

 

(3 Months Later)

"Stalker case, apparently."

"Aisht, those are never pleasant."

"The poor girl was so scared, she blanked out for three hours," said DA Park, "Then she started screaming again right after. It was such a disturbing sight, but I'll admit, it was also funny."

Detective Lee Hyuk didn't know if he was going to be scandalized with the district attorney's story. How can one laugh at a stalker case? He's handled over ten of them and he ended up furious with the stalkers. They were never funny. 

"So, was the stalker apprehended?" asked Detective Lee as he stirred his first cup of coffe for the morning. 

"No. And that's where you come in."

Hyuk stared at his superior as the latter piled one folder on top of the other.

"You'll be investigating the case. The sooner we catch this stalker, the faster we get the job done."

"Investigating? But don't we already have a lead?"

"Yeah, well, stalker's missing. We need to catch him. In this case, YOU need to catch him, There's a theory that it's not just one stalker, but a bunch of them," answered DA Park, "I've got my hands loaded with gangster-related cases, so I'll need you to handle this one."

"This isn't a violent crime."

"It could be if it involves a gang of stalkers preying on a helpless woman."

DA Park gave him a serious and apprehensive look, almost as if telling him off for being so insensitive. This, coming from the man who laughed at woman who was followed by a stalker. 

"Fortunately, you'll feel right at home with it," added DA Park, handing him a file folder, "No need to get to know more people."

Detective Lee took the folder, looking at his senior with confusion. The DA just smiled at him -- the type of smile that had plenty of meaning. It wasn't usually a good one. He opened the case file, scattered the photos and the case report, and read the name.

He gulped.

"Looks like you'll be back on that set, Detective Lee," remarked DA Park, "This time, try to get one of the actors' autographs for us, eh?"

Hyuk was no longer listening. Instead, he was staring at the file then at his phone.

He remembered that time he was about to call, but didn't. 

 


 

Lee Hyuk rarely fidgeted before an interrogation. He managed to mangle out the truth from a iron-man of a drug dealer in one sit-down. There was one time all he had to do was stare at a murderer to make him confess to the crime. He was no stranger to the cold and dark set-up of the interrogation room.

This time, he was inside not for an interrogation, but for an interview. 

So why were his fingers fidgeting like crazy?

The door opened. 

"Just go inside Miss," said an intern, "The detective is here."

He heard the familiar heels that she wore so well. Lee Hyuk took a deep breath as he saw Kim Sun Hee, clad in her expensive coats and bag, enter the room. When her eyes set on him, he saw that familiar spark but he was unsure if it was positive or negative.

"Ah Detective Lee Hyuk," she said, crossing her arms, "We meet again."

She was still gorgeous as ever -- her eyes still shone, every lock of her hair in its proper place, her skin glowing -- everything, still pretty. He hadn't been religiously watching her drama (which aired during the dead hours of the afternoon), but every once in a while, he'd catch a glimpse of her.

She stared at him as she made her way to the chair opposite him. Kim Sun Hee stood there, gazing at him, almost as if she wanted to say something.

"Miss Kim, it's been a while," he said, "Please take a seat."

She scoffed as she pulled out a chair. Hyuk, all of a sudden, felt a little tensed. He wasn't like this before with her; he really didn't care what she thought or wanted to do. But the memory of almost calling her and bailing out sort of made him feel guilty. 

Her eyes said it all. 

 


 

3 months. 

It's been 3 months since she last saw or heard from him. Truth be told, Kim Sun Hee never really expected she'd run into that handsome detective who once served as a consultant in her drama. She thought he would just be part of her memories. 

But her he was, sitting in front of her, scribbling down notes from her tale. 

It was annoying, watching him busy himself with his notes. Sun Hee couldn't believe he pretended as if nothing happened, almost as if they just met for the first time. True, they did just meet again, but he was so formal and rigid -- he didn't even bother to ask her how she was doing.

He was that type of guy, but why was she still fascinated by him?

"...so, he was outside of your apartment at three in the morning?" he asked.

"Yes, he had a camera with him," she answered, hiding a shiver as she re-told the tale, "I screamed and he left. He did it again two days later."

"I see," he replied, scribbling on his notepad again, "The investigation team gave us a sketch," he pushed a piece of paper with a sketch of her supposed stalker, "That's him, right?"

She cringed, remembering that man. "Yes, it's him," she said, "He has other friends too. I have a feeling they have this creepy stalker group."

He didn't even flinch at that fact; he continued writing. His rigidness was really annoying.

"Well, Miss Kim, we already have a lead, but we're still trying to find these men," he told her, closing the folder, "But don't worry. We'll get right to this case and inform you as soon as we can. In the meantime, please await the station's advisory on your safety."

Without another word, he stood up and bowed at her. He didn't even bother to smile or anything; he just nodded and proceeded to the door.

He was really getting on her nerves.

"Is this how you really are, Detective Lee?" she asked, halting his steps. The confused detective turned around to face her.

"I'm sorry?"

Sun Hee tapped her fingers on the metal table, gazing at him. She couldn't explain her feelings, but was ready to say what was on her mind. It's been three months and during that time, he was always on her mind -- during taping, before taking a shower, or even while on a chat with her friend -- that detective's face appeared every now and then. There was no other explanation. 

And it drove her crazy that he didn't even bother to call her.

She might seem like an idiot to him right now, but she didn't care.

 


 

 

"I'm sorry?"

Detective Lee Hyk was caught off guard once again by the boldness of Kim Sun Hee. 

She looked at him, tapping her perfectly manicured fingers on the table. He was unsure if he asked her something offensive or if he forgot to do something else. Judging from the look on her face, she was expecting something -- but what?

"You're always quick to leave," she commented, "Like you can't wait to get out of here. Or is it just me?"

She seemed offended with the idea. Hyuk couldn't understand where she was coming from. Wasn't it only natural to be formal on such a meeting? She did just get a stalker, didn't she? What did she want? 

It was one of the reasons why he never really understood women.

"I'm just in a hurry, Miss Kim," he explained, "I want to get this case down. It's for your safety, anyway."

She scoffed. "I get it, you're always busy," she said, lounging comfortably on the chair, "It's probably why you never bothered to call."

Again with the phone call.

How she said it made it seem as if he was obligated to  call her. It's been three months since he ran into her during that operation -- three months since she almost got herself killed for chasing him. He didn't really know why she did what she did, but he had a speculation. Miss Kim Sun Hee was like the others, only in more extreme levels.

He closed the door and looked at her.

"Look Miss Kim," he began, "I don't know why you keep insisting that I should call you. For one, I do not call women out of nowhere. Second, if I do call women, it's because I need something important. Otherwise, there is no point in calling. I'm sorry if you think I was being rude for not calling you, but frankly, there was no reason to call, so please stop."

She seemed surprised with his explanation. At the back of his mind, he wondered if he sounded harsh, but there was no time to regret. He had to get the word out.

Kim Sun Hee was about to speak, but no words came out of . She was too flustered with him. Lee Hyuk, on the other hand, figured it was the right time to exit. He didn't want to be rude to this pretty woman anymore. His hands twisted the knob.

"You're always leaving," she said.

He scoffed. "Says the one who always does," he remarked and he stepped out.

Once he was out of the conference room, he paused.

What did I just say?

 


 

Inside the conference room, Kim Sun Hee was too stunned as well.

"What did he just say?"

 


 

A/N: Hi :D I hope you're having a good time wherever, whenever you are. Just tell me: after Goblin ended, what did you want for Sunny and the Grim Reaper? :D